25-Aug-2009: Hannover Stadium, Hannover - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

winnie

Mr. Golden Deal
Coldplayer
that was cool! :D couldn't see him properly through the crowd, but thats a better view, thanks :D

this one's a pretty good summary of the concert:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMCGTXssO0"]YouTube - Coldplay Live in Hannover, 25.08.2009[/ame]

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
That wasn't an OPINION but a JOKE. :laugh3: Simply fooling around, being a little sarcastic here and there - nothing more, nothing less! ;)

So when people 'complain' about the same setlist, it's exactly the same when people keep repeatedly complaining about the 'postponed' Tampa gig.

Honestly, I completely do understand all the people's concerns who were supposed to go to that gig, esp. with not knowing whether you'll get your money back or getting ANY notion at all.
But keeping that topic busy and constantly discussing it doesn't change anything.

And Tracey, I don't critise you at all, I just quoted your post as it was about the 'complaining' in general.

I guess people wouldn't be that upset about the current/old setlist, if we didn't get a blog back in April announcing changes/additions aso.

People at coldplay.com put the hopes up high themselves! :(

Oh Kirsten, I didn't take any offense to your words:kiss: Or anyone elses:cool:
About Tampa, most of us try and keep it on the Tampa thread, we like to cry there on a daily basis:D
I LOVE COLDPLAY:kiss:

*Sarah*

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmEF5Y1j_kQ"]YouTube - Coldplay Michael Jackson "Billy Jean" Tribute Song - LIVE in Hannover (25.08.2009) HD[/ame]

my fav moment of last night, that was so so SO awesome, aaaawww... :heart:

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
Oh Kirsten, I didn't take any offense to your words:kiss: Or anyone elses:cool:
About Tampa, most of us try and keep it on the Tampa thread, we like to cry there on a daily basis:D
I LOVE COLDPLAY:kiss:
I guess that's what all of us like to do every now and then, having a good 'cry' or 'vent' about this and that ...

After all, we still love the boys and their music, but I am the kind of fan who doesn't
agree with everything my fave band does/says.

That has nothing to do with critisimn but trying to stay objective ;)

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
My own thoughts on one of the reasons they may not have changed the set list is due to timing. Chris was sick during the band's week "off," between Tampa and Herning. I'm thinking they may have planned on rehearsing/changing up the set list a bit during that off time, but because Chris was sick, they didn't have the chance. They want to provide a great show every time rather than a show that hasn't been properly rehearsed. They informed the crew that Tampa was "off" Friday night after that night's Raleigh concert, so Chris must have been pretty bad even that night. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking happened. As for us complaining about Tampa, yes, it sucked. Especially for those of us who travelled quite a way to get there. But it's also been almost three weeks since we've heard *anything*...no news from LiveNation regarding refunds, although I'm sure if one were to call LiveNation, a refund would be processed. Some sort of notification would be much appreciated, even a "thanks for your patience, we're working on something."

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
dp - And one of the reasons I'm following all the other live threads is because I really missed seeing them! I'm loving the videos, live reports, tweets, reviews. I couldn't get enough that weekend in Los Angeles, which is why I went to Tampa. And until I see them again, I need to live vicariously through those of you who are lucky enough to see them in Europe. :)

At the beginning of the tour, I have the setlist from July 2008, they did do Chinese Sleep Chant, but it wasn't received well - those infamous silhouettes in the doorways Chris has mentioned, "going to get a hot dog."

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
dp - And one of the reasons I'm following all the other live threads is because I really missed seeing them! I'm loving the videos, live reports, tweets, reviews. I couldn't get enough that weekend in Los Angeles, which is why I went to Tampa. And until I see them again, I need to live vicariously through those of you who are lucky enough to see them in Europe. :)

At the beginning of the tour, I have the setlist from July 2008, they did do Chinese Sleep Chant, but it wasn't received well - those infamous silhouettes in the doorways Chris has mentioned, "going to get a hot dog."

In America them there Hot Dogs are refered to as Weiners:laugh3: I am going to Europe and will do my damndest to accommodate all of your needs:D The crowd probably during CSC were like "What the Hell is that, I don't understand a word their saying, I'm going to get a weiner.":laugh3:
I agree with the timing issue, that makes sense.

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
There's an interview on welt online with Chris and Jonny

Here's the link (sadly only in German)...

http://www.welt.de/kultur/article4400894/Coldplay-glauben-dass-sie-ueberbezahlt-sind.html
I just consulted this thread to see the development on it since I left at 16pm. I followed the link, found the article and printed it out.

The 2½ pages long article from Welt Online (the online version of the newspaper "Die Welt" starts in this way:

"Coldplay think that they are overpaid (by Michael Lösl 26 August 2009 at 1:06pm).

Their CD "Viva la Vida" was the world's most sold album 2008. In July 2009 Coldplay started their first stadium tour. WELT ONLINE talked to leadsinger CHRIST (yep: CHRIST) :):laugh3: Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland about the band's reputation as being boring and about the advantages of being famous."

I have now skimmed this article. Most interesting is the following concerning Viva la Vida:

Chris talks about Viva la Vida. "Viva La Vida" has become so popular because everyone can sing along to it. Most of us think that somewhere out there there is a majority to which the individual person feels that he or she does not belong. But this majority does not exist or if it exists, then this majority consists of people feeling that they do not belong. A song like Viva la Vida really creates a feeling of belonging, and that is why we are really proud of having written this song."

Buckland: How comes that concerts and football games are becoming more and more popular? It has to do with the individual person's need to be part of a community.

Martin: ..... "Viva la Vida" celebrates pluralism. ....

WELT ONLINE: The guitarist Joe Satriani has accused you of having stolen one of his musical ideas for "Viva la Vida".

Martin: It is interesting that, in the meantime, 4 authors / songwriters have claimed that they have rights to the song that Satriani has written and based on which he accuses us of mental theft. These songs were published before Satriani's song ("If I Could Fly") came along. It is somewhat confusing. We would have liked this matter to end, but we would not settle the matter out of court, because this would support his reproach which does not correspond to reality = the facts. "

zecki

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
When did they open the doors? At 5 pm?
And when did coldplay start their set?

Alf89

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Anybody here who can say if it is allowed to take photos? I#M going to the concert in Düsseldorf today and according to espritarena.de (where the concert is), I must not take a camera with me. Why not?

*Sarah*

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdbPDBN0Rw"]YouTube - Coldplay LIVE und hautnah ([email protected] AWD Arena Hannover 25.08.09) HD[/ame]

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:bigcry:

(that vid got the little song about the german audience at the end, heh. that was so cute.)

Vivalicious

London tourist
Coldplayer
when they started the concert i began to cry... i was so happy because i waited for this like lifetimes :'D
es war einfach wunderschön, unglaublich GEIL, überwältigend, bezaubernd!
es war mein erstes großes konzert und ich war so aufgeregt, es war einfach toll!!!

mehelik

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh, what a great show!!! And I was in the first row! They are so fantastic! It was my first Coldplay gig, but I think not last! ... I was so lucky that Will sang Death Will Never Conquer again! And people were amazing... They realized my dream, thx Coldplay!