[25-June-2011] Coldplay @ Glastonbury festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

H

howyousawtheworld

There isn't going to be a Glastonbury in 2012? :stunned:
And you know why? Because with the London Olympics the next month, there won't be enough portaloo's to go around. As bizarre as it sounds that is true.

oldmuckers

Prospekt's March
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Living in the States I know very little about Glastonbury. As far as the three headliners go is there a bigger sense of honor based on what night you are playing? For example, is closing out sunday night a bigger "event" then the closing out friday? Is saturday the big night to close? I guess what Im asking is what is the TOP top spot?

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Saturday is definately the best spot and right at the heart of the festival. I would put Friday over Sunday but others might disagree

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
:eek::eek:

Although the idea of Glastonbury is appealing I could only manage it if I was teleported there for Coldplay. Must leave it to the young and/or hardy Coldplayers out there.

And I did have my sweet sweet moments with Coldplay at Liverpool in an intimate crowd of a mere 1000. But will see them in Canada again when they come here.
:rolleyes:

Welcome Roz:) Love your Avi Picture... So damn lucky!!!! I am one of the oldies here as well, but if I could go to Glastonbury I would:p I have to wait for some USA stops.

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Welcome Roz:) Love your Avi Picture... So damn lucky!!!! I am one of the oldies here as well, but if I could go to Glastonbury I would:p I have to wait for some USA stops.
And we will finally meet! And we will go to all the Florida and California shows! And maybe throw in a Las Vegas trip, too!

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
And we will finally meet! And we will go to all the Florida and California shows! And maybe throw in a Las Vegas trip, too!

:D:D:DDamn Straight............ and we will be nothing but T R O U B L E:lol:

Megalomania

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Nope because of the Olympics.
And you know why? Because with the London Olympics the next month, there won't be enough portaloo's to go around. As bizarre as it sounds that is true.
Wow. :| It's kind of hard to imagine a year without Glastonbury. . . maybe the world is ending in 2012! :uhoh:
:p

That's actually kind of a funny reason, but it makes sense. :|

NumbersGirl

Walker Kitty
Coldplayer
I think they usually take a year "off" every 5 years or so anyway to let the grass get healthy again, so the farm is due for that next year anyway (aside from the Olympics issue, of course, so it's good timing in that sense).

roz42

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:laugh3:
Thank you martinfan in the USA, I treasure my photos taken with Chris, Guy, Will and Jonny and had everything framed including my signed ROBTH cover with a lovely note from Phil. :p

H

howyousawtheworld

Saturday is definately the best spot and right at the heart of the festival. I would put Friday over Sunday but others might disagree
Yeah Saturday is really the biggest slot and I'd take Friday over Sunday as well. Although I did think Coldplay would be doing Sunday after they did Friday and Saturday in 2002 and 2005 respectively.

But if Rolling Stones ain't doing it, who is?? Do Radiohead fans know when an album is coming out from them? Is Prince back in the rumours? I still wouldn't be surprised if it's the Rolling Stones. The S*n is full of bullshit 24/7 so I don't think I should even take this Coldplay rumour seriously.

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Yeah Saturday is really the biggest slot and I'd take Friday over Sunday as well. Although I did think Coldplay would be doing Sunday after they did Friday and Saturday in 2002 and 2005 respectively.

But if Rolling Stones ain't doing it, who is?? Do Radiohead fans know when an album is coming out from them? Is Prince back in the rumours? I still wouldn't be surprised if it's the Rolling Stones. The S*n is full of bullshit 24/7 so I don't think I should even take this Coldplay rumour seriously.
Radiohead is a huge possibility still, but with no plans whatsoever, it's hard to speculate. An album has been expected from them for some time now, and even if they're planning a summer release, they could certainly do the same as Coldplay in 2002 and premiere the songs on the pyramid stage. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'd put my money on Radiohead closing sunday.

strawberryswinger

Writing
Coldplayer
no way Radiohead is playing. no one's heard a single rumour about them, and when it comes to speculation they're kings of the world. and ok, they're so fucking great, but don't think they'd dare to play Glasto as a one off....

Kris.W

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There's a good possibility readiohead could be, what a line up that would be.

Kris

JackZ

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
this is turning into AROBTTH build up more and more every day!
ya ya ya, but if they debut this album at glasto im gonna be mad, if i could be there thatd be another story but i cant and i like to listen to a studio album from start to finish before i see it live