26-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (1st night) - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
thanks for the review!

Here are some more photos:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/joseph0922/sets/72157608423870994/show/"]LIN HSIN YAO's slideshow on Flickr[/ame]

Jsalyers

1 2 3 Will
Coldplayer
haha, nice job chavi!! it is :nice:

she was so cute with blythe, dancing like fools before the show even started and getting really into it from what i could see :D

ok, here is my facebook album of photos from the second row, if anyone's interested. i wish there was some way i could have brought in my SLR instead of just a point and shoot, because the pictures would be 50 times better, but hey, i can't complain :p

i'm going to gradually try to get the videos up too :D
OMG Chelsea you were so close:stunned:

I would do anything to get to be that close!!! Aahaha!!!

Great pictures;)

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
ok, here is my facebook album of photos from the second row, if anyone's interested. i wish there was some way i could have brought in my SLR instead of just a point and shoot, because the pictures would be 50 times better, but hey, i can't complain :p

i'm going to gradually try to get the videos up too :D
Thanks, your pics are great... you were REALLY close!!!

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
i got 2 of my 6 videos up on youtube so far :D

i'm REALLY sorry about the shakiness and the singing. but you'd be shaking and dancing that much too, and the singing...isn't just me :p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXnUmY37vY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUX16p9AU50&feature=channel[/media]

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
life in technicolor!

this one is more for the AUDIO, since
a) i was BEYOND excited
b) i had to hide the fact that i was blatantly video recording
c) someone came by to ask for my ticket because there were some people with fake tickets

anyway, the sound is decent :p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0wQUFsEmM[/media]

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
Hey guys, first time posting on here for a fan whose been browsing this forum for a couple of months now!

Even though I was in the nose bleeds with my BF, we still had an amazing time!

Highlight of the show: Sprinting down the stairs (And I mean, full on I'M TRYING TO RUN MY BEST TIME IN TRACK SPRINTING) to the level below us to watch the guys play from the audience, if I jumped down I would have landed right over Mr. Berryman LOLO

I've got some great pics of that (Guy kept turning around, so I've got some pics of him staring right up at us while the rest of the band looks out over the crowd)
OMG!!!!! Please share!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
cemetaries of london

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONGLERFz48[/media]

the hardest part and postcards from far away
(more for the audio than the video...i couldn't see them on the ramp too well)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnLQQjiCEns[/media]

death and all his friends

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqsa-qEARXw[/media]

and that's all i have by way of videos :D

once again, massive apologies for the shakiness and the singing, but both were out of INTENSE excitement and were completely unavoidable :p :dance:

BostonSportsTD

If you can hold on....
Coldplayer
:embarassed: My bad...:p You can hear me yell at the beggining of strawberry swing "this song is so happy" and at the end of 42 "that was awesome" and then i'm just screaming in DAAHF
Thanks for the videos!!!!!

Anyone no what that little piano filler at the endo f politik was or am i really stupid for not noiong it?
it's from a classical song called Six Gnossiennes 1... by Erik Satie.

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
haha, i just went back some pages to see what things i missed out on when i saw page 17 and lore telling everyone my facebook status from last night! :D

you guys are so nice :wacky:. thanks so much for saying i deserved it :nice:. i don't know if i'd go THAT far, but when the roadie asked if i was a big coldplay fan, i made some sort of weird coughing noise/scream thing and went weak at the knees. i was gathering all the things i could have told him, like me being really active on this site and the postcards from far away project and getting in at the today show and being to the bakery and all that, but i think my weird noise and momentary unsteadiness got my point across and he just said "ok, then. i'm just going to need your original tickets."
and i went :freak:. i couldn't believe it was that easy.

when i was leading him back to my original seats to show him my original tickets, i was basically in hysterics, simultaneously screaming "OH MY GOD" and thanking him a mile a minute. he leaned into my ear and said "just try to keep it down, love. i don't want everyone up here catching on with what i'm doing!" :lol:

there is a list of all the camera crew members at the back of the program, but i wish i knew which one he was. i would write him the biggest thank-you-note in the world, for the tickets and for the setlist he gave me at the end (which i think must have been guy's, because he was guy's main cameraguy, it seemed).

thegreatbeliever

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Front Row!! Jonny is my hero!

I got tickets through the Oxfam charity auction for VIP tickets and when I got there found out that I had 1st row- it was the greatest night ever!
As if the night wasn't already UNBELIEVABLE...
After the encore Jonny came over to where me and my friend were standing and smiled at us and threw his guitar picks to us!!!

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
I got tickets through the Oxfam charity auction for VIP tickets and when I got there found out that I had 1st row- it was the greatest night ever!
As if the night wasn't already UNBELIEVABLE...
After the encore Jonny came over to where me and my friend were standing and smiled at us and threw his guitar picks to us!!!
Hi!
Welcome here! I'm quite new myself. :)
Lucky you!
Must have been great to be in front row!!
And you've got a great souvenir... I'm happy for you!
Did you take pictures?

thegreatbeliever

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In all my excitement I forgot my camera so I have so much stuff on my phone. I already ordered prints of those and I'm still trying to figure out how to upload my videos to my computer. My friend had a disposable camera (which made us look like we were in 1995!) but those pictures haven't been developed yet!

crawlinwithin

Yergerbombs
Coldplayer
twas a great show for sure, perfect setlist (not sure how I feel about the GPASUYF/Talk remix though). The Scientist acoustic was fantastic (anyone here sitting in the section Coldplay came to?). My only major problem with their concert was that IT WAS TOO SHORT!! I mean one song encore? Are you kidding me?

thegreatbeliever

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My wife and I went to the show last night. Our original seats were section 241 row 24. Some guy came up to us and started asking us questions and tells us he works for the band. Asked us to sing fix you so we did and he gave us front row tickets. It was one of the most amazing things to ever happen to us. It was special because the tickets were an anniversary gift for my wife. I wish I would have asked him for his name but we were both in shock. It was a great show.
Heyy! I sat right near you I think...we were the girls who came during Duffy and you asked us if someone gave us the seats but we got them through the charity auction!

jgray119

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Heyy! I sat right near you I think...we were the girls who came during Duffy and you asked us if someone gave us the seats but we got them through the charity auction!
yes that was us. I thought when I read this it might have been you. It was so amazing being that close. We were a little upset about forgetting our camera and phones to get some pictures but we never thought in a million years we would be that close.

jgray119

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That was one of the roadies. His name is Miller :) I'm glad you got moved and had a great time :D And welcome
Thank you for the info. I just wish there was some way we could thank him. He gave us an amzing moment we will remember the rest of our lives

ZooTelevision

Respecting The Bassist
Coldplayer
Anybody here have a "lazy section", everyone sat down...for like, the entire show! Very disheartening :(

BUT ME, MY BFF AND TWO ASIAN CHICKS DANCE THE WHOLE NIGHT!

They were so funny, really drunk out of their mind...they got progressivly worse as the night went on...at first the Guy comments were PG, then they got N-17 my 42. LOLOLO!