(27-11-2019) Coldplay at Maida Vale studios

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
I really enjoyed the BBC session. 'Daddy', so beautiful (as always).
'Lovers In Japan' was unusual, in different key. But I sang along anyway.^^
Was hoping they would also perform 'Sparks'. But after 'Arabesque' the chance felt very thin, as there were two more songs left by then.
Feel sorry for Chris having vocal issues especially on the last song.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
Damn guys I missed the live broadcast... It seems it isn't available to view it now. Is there any chance to watch it anywhere? Does any of you recorded it?

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
They did Lovers In Japan again?! YESSSSSS! We're getting a proper live recording of the new acoustic version.

Guns
Orphans
Daddy
Lovers In Japan
Arabesque
Gypsy Woman
Everyday Life

and Chris said Femi's band also recorded an extra song but that wasn't broadcast (yet) I think
It has been saying "Femi Jam" after Arabesque on the official setlists for the last couple of shows so I wonder if that's what was recorded

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer
Oh there’s a part 2!?
Confirmed by BBC Radio. Well, it's an earlier half of the session that didn't come On Air today. There's a thread about this here:

dxm3557

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I loved that the cover they made (Gypsy Woman), even unintentionally, fits perfectly into the theme of the new album, both in lyrics and arrangements. This is something to admire. Btw, those who want a HD audio of the cover, extracted on BBC Sounds, just DM me.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
I love how they're always pretty smart about their choice of cover song when they do decide to whip one out. I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a lot of thought put into the choice to play Gypsy Woman, given the kind of themes that song explores. Fits this era perfectly.

rachpid

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They did Lovers In Japan again?! YESSSSSS! We're getting a proper live recording of the new acoustic version.

It has been saying "Femi Jam" after Arabesque on the official setlists for the last couple of shows so I wonder if that's what was recorded
Chris said they'd recorded one of Femi's own songs for the extra track.

Shoeboxlady

Coldplay Lady
Coldplayer
It seems that Jo Whiley is repeating the Maida Vale session on radio 2 this evening for those that perhaps missed it. Radio 2 for those of you who are the more mature Coldplayer! :joy:

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It seems that Jo Whiley is repeating the Maida Vale session on radio 2 this evening for those that perhaps missed it. Radio 2 for those of you who are the more mature Coldplayer! :joy:
no she's playing different tracks the band recorded yesterday (Debs confirmed this on Twitter)

SkyFullOfTrouble

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can't get the Lovers in Japan Version out of my head. It's so good and even better than the acoustic version. Now i got the feeling that i would love to hear an album with rearranged songs in the future! :D