27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

ericsjones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i think thats a little optimistic. i would like it but im thinking thats a bit too many. definitely only 2-3 songs get broadcast. doesnt mean they dont play more but im trying to figure that out.

ericsjones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i just spoke to a girl at blue note label which is part of capital and she said she isnt exactly sure but she would expect 2 songs......brutal...
im going to keep working on this...

berrywoman

I am screaming underneath
Coldplayer
i think thats a little optimistic. i would like it but im thinking thats a bit too many. definitely only 2-3 songs get broadcast. doesnt mean they dont play more but im trying to figure that out.
when Springsteen played the Plaza not too long ago... the man played on and on and on...... during the soundcheck, then again at showtime.... he practically gave everyone there 2 shows!!

I agree on the broadcast though..... maybe 2-3 songs tops... but for those of us whowill be there from the wee hours of the morning... it could be about 6-8, maybe no more than 10?? (including the soundcheck) lets be optimistic... positive vibes attract positive energy :)

polkahard

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My friend who has been there twice before told me that Sting played 5 songs and Springsteen played 7, if that counts for anything.

Definitely not just 2 though. Perhaps 2 on air, but more than that live.

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
yeah, i'm thinking it'll be exactly like jimmy kimmel, where they played about 6 songs, but only 2 or 3 get aired. really, i can hardly imagine ALL that fuss for just two songs...i hope i'm right!

StephBerryman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
when do they actually play? 7am?

I have to go straight to work afterwards, so i won't be wearing a coldplay shirt. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb.

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
<center>
<center>

<center>Although I didn't win v.i.p. passes from coldplaying.com ... <center>
<center>I still got a special email from someone important, this morning so ... <center>
<center>I will be chillin' in the pen as well !!! <center>

<center>"Just because I'm Losing, Doesn't mean I'm LOST!!!"<center>

<center>"I'm no Usher but, I'm trying my best ... " <center>
<center>-Chris Martin<center>

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
LOL, Sorry about the first post ...

Although I didn't win v.i.p. passes from coldplaying.com ...
I still got a special email from someone important, this morning so ...
I will be chillin' in the pen as well !!!

"Just because I'm Losing, Doesn't mean I'm LOST!!!"

"I'm no Usher but, I'm trying my best ... "
-Chris Martin

ericsjones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
im almost certain they play at 7 and then the play like 2 songs that were taped throughtout the show sporadically.
the 7 am start needs to be confirmed. i swear i saw it way back when it was first announced but dont know where it is now.

StephBerryman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
im almost certain they play at 7 and then the play like 2 songs that were taped throughtout the show sporadically.
the 7 am start needs to be confirmed. i swear i saw it way back when it was first announced but dont know where it is now.
it says 7am on coldplay.com and i believe on the today show's website. why have us check in no later than 6:30am if they aren't playing until 8:30am?

ericsjones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
its gotta be 7. then they tape it, then they pick when the play it on the show...unfortunately i wont be checking in since i didnt win...thought my story was a lock...i was wrong

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
the today show STARTS at 7, so they won't be starting to play then, i don't think. well, they might, but i would think the noise of them playing would interfere with them doing the headline news and top stories.

i'm thinking 8:30 AM start. they want us to be there by 6:30 so we'll be in place by 7 when the show starts, and we can all be screaming at the opening of the show. that's the whole point of this special pen, after all: getting the biggest freaks and screamers up front so the today show looks good :D

jjpak

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i'm going

I got lucky and got in (thanks Ian!) for tomorrow. I'm so thrilled, after Monday's show I really wanted to go to the Today show but didnt think I could camp out overnight.