27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

jo_saw_sparks

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol yup
so i think i convinced my friend to leave a couple hours earlier than she wanted to... i dont think itll be enough for front row anymore, but i'll be happy anywhere between the first and seventh =)
does anyone know how large the audience area is? width-wise?

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For those inquiring minds ...
They [Coldplay] will be REHEARSING at 7am ...
So as we are walking in around 6:30 am ...
There is a likelihood that you will see what goes down during a Coldplay rehearsal ...

Then ...
At around I'd say 8:00 they will come on stage again to do one more "Dry-Run" before the actual live recording of the performances at 8:30 am ...

NBC "Today" show host's will announce the official performance at 8:30am
The band will perform 1 out of 3 songs ...
Then there will be a commercial break ...
Then after they will perform another song ...
Followed by a brief interview from Matt Laurer ...
A last song for the audience and there's your show ...
Have a Good Morning !!!

It will feel very surreal for some fans,
For others, they might begin to get alittle uneasy, standing for so long LOL.

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I highly doubt it ...
I'm sorry it isn't really a "Concert"
More like a promotion ...
But, knowing Coldplay ...
They def. put there fans first so who know's if we can start a chant up like
"One more song" etc.
Maybe they can deliver since they played us [most fans] at the MSG on Monday ... LOL

jo_saw_sparks

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah i knew it wasnt gonna be a long set, and i had a feeling it'd only be 2 or 3 songs... still itd be nice to maybe hear a little more. oh well.
haha i was chanting along with everyone at MSG... maybe it'll work this time?

melanieau

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Does everyone have someone to take with them? I am monumentally regretting giving up my passes...what the fuck was I thinking????:cry:

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hmmm ... well I'm like the only 6'4, black man that's a Coldplay fan in my area so yea .. I think I will be there by myself ... LOL ... Also check out my youtube footage from the MSG show ... same user name on youtube as on coldplaying.com !!!

melanieau

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
why did you give them up? what the heck did i miss :confused:

Well I was clearly deranged at the time and thought there was just no way for me to get there...that's what I get for making a snap decision....damn

jo_saw_sparks

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well I was clearly deranged at the time and thought there was just no way for me to get there...that's what I get for making a snap decision....damn
aw man that sucks i'm sorry
we'll take millionsssss of pictures for you i promise

jo_saw_sparks

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hmmm ... well I'm like the only 6'4, black man that's a Coldplay fan in my area so yea .. I think I will be there by myself ... LOL ... Also check out my youtube footage from the MSG show ... same user name on youtube as on coldplaying.com !!!
where were your seats at msg?

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Full and final list is as follows. No more amendments can be made. Finalised list has now been sent off :)

a2iel
ApproximatelyInfinite
berrywoman
BoredTerry
BostonSportsTD
ccsg
Christa1
ColdplayJoe
CookyMnstr
FluMTonks
glking
hrzonca
jbarry5503
Jbella76
jjpak
LiquidSky
masterkraig
musicman1990
polkahard
rocknroll389
Shawndorman
StephBerryman
texasluvsjonny
winigwl
yamfox

ericsjones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hey, not questioning your note about the way its going to play out, but how did you find this out. just really curious and trying to figure this all out.

berrywoman

I am screaming underneath
Coldplayer
The show goes on LIVE… the TODAY broadcast does begin at 7am… but the comcerts never really go on air till about 830a or so… they do a soundcheck (dry run) before the show goes on…. (approx 630-7a) In the case of Springsteen…. He never stopped…. He just kept going until about 800a then at 830a they had him on live…. What you see on tv is live, folks! Granted, if you are there in person, you will see more than what is broadcast… (i.e. 1 or 2 songs) so you’ll basically get maybe 6 songs or so?? Not a full fledge concert, no…. at least I don’t think so.

Butyou never never know… :sneaky::wink3:

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I went to Rihanna's show last friday and it was hosted by the "Today" show ... So I guess I have a pretty clear understanding of the show's run-down. I also know some peepz at NBC.

ernestime

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hey, not questioning your note about the way its going to play out, but how did you find this out. just really curious and trying to figure this all out.

I went to Rihanna's show last friday and it was hosted by the "Today" show ... So I guess I have a pretty clear understanding of the show's run-down. I also know some peepz at NBC.

berrywoman

I am screaming underneath
Coldplayer
What part of LI are you from???? I live out there as well… but I’m originally from Queens. ;)

thanks for confirming my run down as well... ;):cool: