An Outsider
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
thanks for your taking the time to translate these reviews Nancy :nice:

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
thanks for your taking the time to translate these reviews Nancy :nice:

You're most welcome. It is quite fun even though you're right - it takes some time, and sometimes it is difficult to translate / keep the images.

Now I think that all the reviews of Coldplay in Copenhagen have been translated & edited either by me or other coldplayers.

I have seen & read reviews of the Copenhagen concert in the following Danish newspapers:

BT, Ekstra-Bladet, Politiken, Jyllands-Posten, Berlingske Tidende and the Danish MetroXpress (the latter is a global newspaper).

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
hey there folks. i have a stupid question but has anyone of you seen "beat the street" written on the tour buses?
what i try to find out is if the coldplay stuff is touring with this company like in the past or not. i need this information to get to know if i can get a free pass for an upcoming show or not^^ a friend of mine is driving such a bus but i can't reach him. and i dont want to bother him with furhter questions if they dont tour with coldplay in the end..

hps

happy?
Coldplayer
hey there folks. i have a stupid question but has anyone of you seen "beat the street" written on the tour buses?
what i try to find out is if the coldplay stuff is touring with this company like in the past or not. i need this information to get to know if i can get a free pass for an upcoming show or not^^ a friend of mine is driving such a bus but i can't reach him. and i dont want to bother him with furhter questions if they dont tour with coldplay in the end..
many artist use this company :)

Placebo use it too.

U can read more there:

http://www.beatthestreet.net/

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
As far as I know they've been using these buses:

PeterToo

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay are indeed using Beat The Street for the tour busses in Europe. The busses pictured above are the US fleet.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
I saw Beat the Street buses in The Hague : )

*sorry for the confusion*

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
As a consequence of Coldplay's concert at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen on Tuesday, 28 Augustall their studio albums are back in the Danish album chart:

This week's album chart in Denmark:

29 (re) Coldplay: Parachutes

24 (re) A Rush of Blood to the Head

17 (re) X&Y

13 (36) Viva la Vida or Death and All his Friends

02 (12) Mylo Xyloto

Last week (3 days after the concert at Parken) i.e. on Friday, 31 August Mylo Xyloto went from twenty-something to no. 12. And this week from 12 to no. 2.

It debuted at no. 2 and as Denmark's most popular artist released his second album in the same week as Coldplay, he went straight to no. 1 and stayed there for almost 10 weeks. So Coldplay's latest album has not been no. 1 in Denmark.

I remember that Viva was no. 1 for 2 weeks, and X&Y was no. 1 for 5 weeks.

I heard last week's weekly countdown of downloads from iTunes top 40, no Coldplay songs then. Maybe tomorrow Saturday or Sunday from iTunes (weekly countdown).

EDIT on 9.9.12. I checked iTunes top 40 (the weekly countdown presented on 8+9.9.12 on Danish Radio Nova).

Coldplay was there twice:

28 (re) Princess of China
33 (re) VIVA LA VIDA
:dance: :crown: :heart:

Clocks In My Place

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
My photos and The Scientist video!

Hi guys!
It's almost been 2 weeks since the concert already! Time flies when you're busy with studies. :surprised:

Here are my thoughts on the show:

While I was queuing, Coldplay did rather many short soundchecks, which was awesome. I remember them playing bits of 42 and Hurts Like Heaven. Someone else has probably posted the rest.

I had a blast at the show! :dance: It was an amazing concert.
The support act Charli XCX was very fun and bubbly. Her tunes sounded cool enough. Marina & The Diamonds was really good and warmed up the crowd well. I recognized more of her catchy and solid pop songs than I expected.

When Coldplay came on stage and MX began, the surreality suddenly real, the beautiful tones and the reminiscence of experiencing my favourite band moved me very much. As any Coldplayer can relate to, it makes you feel happy. This was enforced by the stunning glowing Xylobands. Everything seemed right and I forgot my wobbly knees and worries. I gave everything I had in front row. :D My position was five people to Jonny's side of the middle catwalk.
I loved that they played Warning Sign and Speed of Sound (acoustically). Speed of Sound was my first CP song. Don't Let it Break Your Heart was a great highlight and surprise to me, which ironically broke my heart a little with joy. :heart: Other highlights were the always beautiful and uplifting Charlie Brown well as well as the beautiful "new" beginning to Yellow. The boys were in top form and naturally Chris was running all over the place, hard to follow. As I recall, Chris' voice sounded magnificent. He also sounded very cute when he said "Tusind tak" ("thank you"). :wacko:
On the C stage, the band had many heart-warming laughs between each other, especially as the audience cheered for each member. The rest of the concert I expected a bit more of this banter and Chris cracking jokes. Perhaps I just couldn't see it.
Already, Up In Flames is one of my least favourite CP tracks, I found it too repetitive and quiet to keep the audience's interest.
The stage with three catwalks is huge, tall and very impressive. The downside to that along with the two times they played amongst the crowd is the decreased intimacy with people up front like myself. Nonetheless, I was very happy being in front row for the first time as I could sing directly up to them and see at least Chris and Jonny clearly. It all is to the advantage of the crowd further back and up, of course, so I understand why they made it that way.
I have yet to relive all the chills and tears I felt through the recorded sound broadcast. :)
All in all, it was an amazing spectacle of a bright, colourful show that was completely worth waiting many months for. It made me love Coldplay even more than before and that is saying something.

I'm finally uploading my semi-blurry pictures.
You-know-who (no, not Voldemort... at least I don't think so. :uhoh:)

It almost looks as if Chris looks at me here. :wacko:

Finally, here is my video recording of The Scientist:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3KYH-hYmL8&hd=1"]Coldplay "The Scientist" at Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 28.08.2012 - YouTube[/ame]
Edit: Oh dear, it looks like sound and picture aren't all in sync. :\ For me it works best full screen in 720 p.

Radzhins

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Forgot to post my video of the show :D Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXfCS2nFARQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXfCS2nFARQl[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rayk9skFBfU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rayk9skFBfUl[/ame]

DantonDK

Bleieve in love
Coldplayer
yeah, can you belive it? it's been a whole year!
i'll spend the evening sobbing and listening to the podcast from the concert! :D
it was such an amazing experience! i hope they come back soon!