[30-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Coldplay Returns To U.S. For Three Final 2012 Shows Including A Very Special New Year's Eve Concert With JAY Z

On Monday, December 31, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on December 29 and at Barclays Center, Brooklyn on December 30. Naturally 7 will be the supporting act for the December 29 and 30 shows. The three year-end dates mark Coldplay's only remaining US shows for 2012.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated the new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first shows that Coldplay has put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

link

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Price Range: US $49.50 - US $179.50
US $49.50 Ticket + US $9.65 Fees = US $59.15
US $179.50 Ticket + US $23.05 Fees = US $202.55

link

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yikes that is a hefty tix price! but still would love to go!

and I will ask Santa for it to b my Christmas Prezzie!

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer

Three new US shows - including NYE with JAY Z
11 November 2012 8:11 pm
Band to round-off 2012 with three December concerts

Good evening. We're pleased to announce that, on Monday, 31 December, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on 29 December and at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn on 30 December. Naturally 7 will be the support act at the December 29 and 30 shows.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first Coldplay shows that have been put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

Anchorman

StaceyEternity

Nobody Said It Was Easy..
Coldplayer
Well, I went to the Philly show on 7/5/12 and I took my niece vs my daughter and I felt really bad. But now a few days after her 11th bday they are coming to NY. We are not city girls by any means but are coming into the city hopefully for the 30th. I think that taking her to the 31st show would be wayyyyy too much considering that it is NYE and the traffic would be crazy. So wish me luck on scoring tickets to this show! It would really make my year! I saw that parking down there is limited unless you bought some sort of parking tickets in advance on some sight. Its like a half a mile walk, but woth it in my opinion. *fingers crossed*

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Totally going to all 3 of these shows. Holy ****.

joejoethedogfaceboy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sweet! I'll be in upstate NY around that time, and it'll only be a half day's drive to get there. I concur that NYE will be pretty crazy in the city, so I agree the 30th is the better option for anyone taking kids (I've got a 12 and 13 yr old).

Now the big question is: do I go to his show, or roll the dice and hopefully catch them in the late winter on a pre-Mexico stop?

-Joe

zoeyk

GUYGUYGUY ;)
Coldplayer
Ok so the two shows one CT and Brooklyn are going to be CP only shows right?

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yes, i think so just with J on NYE

Pink

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Darn, I'm having knee surgery on 12/28 so this is a no-go for me. Darn, Darn, Darn!:veryangry2:

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Depending on if my job lets me go, hopefully I'll be able to catch the Dec 30th show! I'd stay for both NY shows if I could..but I'd be happy to just see them at least once if I could! (Keeping fingers crossed!!!)

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
are coldplay concerts safe for kids (10-11 yr olds)? any advice?

Brought my daughter when she was 7 she was fine until she fell asleep during Fix You, when it was the closing song. Aside from a few curse words, it should be a fantastic show for them to see especially during the holidiays, Not sure if they will have the Zylobands. Keep in mind how you are getting there, either by subway if coming from NYC or by car, if car, you will need to get parking and it can be hard there.

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm from Mexico but I will have a trip to New York to spend New Year's eve there! I definitely want to go to Coldplay show!!! (they're my fav band).... I would go to the December 30 show.

Prices already changed: US $179.50 Ticket + US $23.05 Fees = US $202.55

I want F1 or F3 sections.... Does anyone know if tickets can be sold out on the Presale? Since I'm from Mexico I do not have a Citi credit card and I want the best seats possible!!! Please let me know! :(!!!

Thanks!!!

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Edward, most presales sell out and they normally are for one particular area. We only find outthe section when the presales happen. It is a nightmare to get tix here so do not buy your plane tix until you know you have show tix. thanks for the heads up on the price change. good luck and have all your billing info all ready stored in ticketmaster.

eleanordc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hard to say. Chris sometimes curses at times in live shows.
The crowd's pumped up not overzealous or anything. It is definitely loud. If your kids have sensitive ears maybe bring earplugs. Chris keeps the cursing to a minimum. If your kids are fans I'd take them in a heartbeat but if not,I'd get a sitter and save the money.

eleanordc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm from Mexico but I will have a trip to New York to spend New Year's eve there! I definitely want to go to Coldplay show!!! (they're my fav band).... I would go to the December 30 show.

Prices already changed: US $179.50 Ticket + US $23.05 Fees = US $202.55

I want F1 or F3 sections.... Does anyone know if tickets can be sold out on the Presale? Since I'm from Mexico I do not have a Citi credit card and I want the best seats possible!!! Please let me know! :(!!!

Thanks!!!
I think the prices are higher for the NYE show w/Jay Z; up to $550.00+. I guess it's the combo of New Year's and a double billing? You're right,the 30th is definitely less expensive.