[4-June-2011] Coldplay @ Rock am Ring: Nürburgring, Germany (Live Stream links in 1st post)

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Thanks for posting the thread :D

I've created another thread too, so meet ups/reviews/pics etc can be posted separately for each show :)

Freddyos

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
DAAAAMMMN I'll BE THERE!!!

Nur aus diesem Grund kauf ich mir ne Karte für RaR :) Aber Kings of Leon kommen auch, noch ein Grund ^^

I hope I'll see you? ;)

Catti-brie

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm also thinking about going to RaR only for Coldplay. This would be a small conquest to me cause I hate camping! :D

I heard a concert like this one would be worth only then some more bands will be there that one like... but there is no band more for me. :\

Anyone who has an idea about the third big act?

Sparks22

Open up your eyes!
Coldplayer
Das ist ja so toll - und schon wieder sind sie in Deutschland *PARTY* :lol: :D

has Coldplay ever played Rock Am Ring before?
No and a lot of the regulary visitors are not so happy about Coldplay and Kings of Leons as headliners. Too soft for their taste....well I don't like the metal taste in my mouth either. :lol:

I always considered going to Rock am Ring with my friends but only with a band like Coldplay on the giglist ...now it's seems like it could be my first time :smug:. Well, I will wait a little while because maybe they will also make a real tour in Germany next year and I would rather give 80 Euro for a whole concert instead of being on a festival with 2 or 3 bands I like and full of drunken metallheads who annoy me.

If you have the money there is no need to camp - as a spoilt girl I won't do that for sure. Just jokin' - Coldplay are playing just on one day so there is no need to stay until the next day.

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm also thinking about going to RaR only for Coldplay. This would be a small conquest to me cause I hate camping! :D

I heard a concert like this one would be worth only then some more bands will be there that one like... but there is no band more for me. :\

Anyone who has an idea about the third big act?
Most probably System Of A Down. It will be announced tomorrow.

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Beatsteaks
Coldplay
Hurts
In Flames
Kings Of Leon
Mando Diao (unplugged)
System Of A Down
The BossHoss
The Gaslight Anthem
Volbeat
u.v.a.

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Not many festival fans here, hm? Would be great to see them with some other huge CP fans =)

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
:dance: Yeeeeeehaaawwww, they're coming to my hometown!!! I'm freaking out! I'm so definately going to RIP/Nuremberg!!! :)

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
usually they do sell 1-day-tickets!
but they are not available yet because the schedule of play isn't fixed yet i think..
a few days before the festival start 1-day-tickets should be available! don't worry :)
i am also waiting because i don't spend 150€ for 3 days..
i only want to go on the day CP performs^^
are you planning to go to "rock im park, nuremberg"?

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer
yeah, i'm planning for rock im park. which is the best do you think??
and i also don't wanna spend 150 euro for three days. I wanna watch coldplay and simple plan. i hope they perform in same day :/

[email protected]

Midnight
Coldplayer
how do you mean "which is the best..."??

nobody knows what date they will perform! wait a few weeks then we will know more about it. there will be a fixed schedule.. ;)

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Simple Plan will be Rock am Ring on Sunday, the same day System Of A Down will be playing there => Coldplay are playing one of the other days. That most usually means they won't be playing the same day at Rock im Park as well. Fixed schedules shouldn't be expected before April, exact stage times not before May.

1-day-tickets? You should check that! For Rock am Ring they only sell those tickets locally during the event. Last year they didn't, they sold even more expensive tickets instead (but then they had a fourth day and tickets always get cheaper again on ebay)

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Social Distortion
Korn
Avenged Sevenfold
Interpol
Madsen
Selig
Simple Plan
Alter Bridge
Bring Me The Horizon
Hollywood Undead

From Sunday, tickets will be 160 €
Already 60.000 tickets sold for both events (total).

r25d01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
After merging the threads, you could also write Rock am Ring/Rock im Park in its title =)