[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Karencorpse

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wish Coldplay will play in LA. I grew up near Chicago - Northwest Indiana.

geekchic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I would throw a party if this is true. UGH I hope so
So my party is this weekend, if you want to come.... :laugh3:

See you all at Lolla!!! :awesome:

EDIT: I will most likely be camping out at the barrier all day, whichever day they play.

NumbersGirl

Walker Kitty
Coldplayer
I just booked 3 nights(August 5th-8th) at the Congress Plaza through Expedia and it only showed a couple rooms left for rooms with a queen size bed. I am happy with how close it is to Grant Park and the room prices were decent.
How funny, I stayed there the one and only time I've been to Chicago! :lol:

the.hardest.part

Bass technician =]
Coldplayer
It still hasn't hit me that I'll be seeing them again... So surreal because it's been so long!

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
Yeah, if you're willing to maintain a list, you can add me too. :)

That said, chances are I won't be able to any big meet-up with any of you since I'm already meeting up with so many other people I've met at gigs in the past as well as the Muse fans. And I probably won't be getting barrier for Coldplay anyway. Unless some Coldplayers of legal drinking age want to hit a bar or something after Coldplay performs, but I'd probably prefer to rest up for the next day (hence why I'm arriving a few days before the festival - get my sight-seeing and bar-hopping out of the way at the beginning :p).

OriginOfAbsolution

♫ = ♥
Coldplayer
I'm SO excited for this! I've never seen Coldplay live before, and now I finally can! :D I've got my fingers crossed that they aren't going to conflict with Muse! :eek: That would really suck... because my friend and I have already vowed that if Coldplay and Muse both play on Friday, we're gonna watch Coldplay, then drive 8 hours to Kansas City to see Muse play at Kanrocksas on Saturday :laugh3: I'd much rather be able to see both in one place ;)

Anyway, I'm pumped! :D Actually, the announcement that CP is headlining Lolla is what rekindled my love for them... I'm prepping myself for August ;)

That said, chances are I won't be able to any big meet-up with any of you since I'm already meeting up with so many other people I've met at gigs in the past as well as the Muse fans.
:laugh3: Michael? From .mu/the Lolla Skyping? (I recognize your avatar, and your post on this thread about Musers are serving as some big clues... Hahaha) It's Amanda/Treblerose689 :p LOL Fancy meeting you here! :p (Have you guys been still been keeping up with the Skyping? I'll be around more this Summer to do it for sure :p)

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
:laugh3: Michael? From .mu/the Lolla Skyping? (I recognize your avatar, and your post on this thread about Musers are serving as some big clues... Hahaha) It's Amanda/Treblerose689 :p LOL Fancy meeting you here! :p (Have you guys been still been keeping up with the Skyping? I'll be around more this Summer to do it for sure :p)
Hahaha, yeah, it's me. :p Nice seeing you here too! I actually visit Coldplaying more often than I visit .mu :laugh3:
(The Lolla Skype sorta died out, but I still Skype regularly with a lot of people going. You're always welcome to join in.)

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Squeeeeeeeeeeee! I will be at the Festivus!

JillyBlue

Performer, Coldplay Choir
Coldplayer
Booked my hotel, but am still making a decision about the type of ticket. Is the VIP worth it, anyone?