[7-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

geekchic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Gonna go ahead and put this in both Chicago threads:

Hello! I have an extra ticket for the 8th. Does anyone have an extra for the 7th that they want to trade? concert buddies?

celtickev1

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chicago 7 & 8

If your looking for something to do in Chicago - take the Architecture boat tour. It costs about $28 and it is a fantastic way to learn about Chicago. Pick it up at Michigan and the river. You staying a bit west of the city but will be right by the United Center.

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
i've never been to chicago! luckily my friend has been living there for 3 years. and it just so happens that i got us confirmed in advance to volunteer with oxfam for both nights! say hi to me! i'll be wearing my famous :D coldplay jacket. it's not famous!, it's just that coldplayers have recognized me in it before. but i'm super excited for my first out of state coldplay shows! concerts 12 and 13!

brightside1994

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Trade Tickets for chicago show?

So I have two tickets for Wednesday august 8th and was wondering if anyone would like to trade them for two Tuesday tickets??? Anyone interested?

brightside1994

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is exactly what i'm doing!!! Basically it is going to be the best week of our lives haha

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer

Coldplay at United Center | Concert preview

Chris Martin and co. head up a triple bill taking cues from the club.

Like a weather vane, Coldplay’s career trajectory has shown us the way pop culture is pointing, but as a rock act it always seems to follow in the sonic footsteps of another do-gooder foursome. Then again, U2’s little cousin eventually had to grow up and find its own footing. Even if that means making light R&B.

The parallels to U2 are not a cheap shot. Observe the oeuvre: With its Edge-like riff, “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” is only the latest in a string of singles bearing a deep debt to the Dubliners. Hiring their producer (Brian Eno) hasn’t clouded the mystery. And like Bono’s, Chris Martin’s charm and sincerity (even naïveté) have an undeniably musical way of tugging on the heartstrings despite the vocal limitations of both.

As when U2 unleashed “The Fly” more than 20 years ago, Coldplay has lassoed its fortunes to the rising club-music trend, ensuring we can’t escape it. Last year’s Mylo Xyloto may be an inferior album overburdened by doleful farewells, starved of euphoria and lyrically hokey, but it shores up the band’s place in the DJ playlist. Live, Martin and his mates sport splatter-painted pirate getups as their cathartic, mini epics challenge our cynicism. That’s not a bad thing.

Welsh act Marina & The Diamonds opens with a smart, baroque take on electro-pop that’s dying for radio play—or a stage musical. First up is U.K. singer and runway favorite Charli XCX, a more dubious proposition, wrapping Gaga grandiosity in gothy club tracks.

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/music/15545646/coldplay-at-united-center-concert-preview

LdySpace

Biggest CP Fan 2013
Coldplayer
Woo hoo! Getting on a plane tomorrow and meeting up with Row (coming from England!) to go with me to the concert! SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it!
:D:D:D

the3jr

Ancient
Coldplayer
Woo hoo! Getting on a plane tomorrow and meeting up with Row (coming from England!) to go with me to the concert! SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it!
:D:D:D
Have a safe trip!!! Hope to see all of you there!!!! :D :D :D

purplemonkeyz232

the original cK (Sheila)
Coldplayer
I JUST arrived in chicago!!!!!! You guys, we should all meet up or something before the show! :)

purplemonkeyz232

the original cK (Sheila)
Coldplayer
^ If I see you around, I will most certainly say hi! :D

EDIT: You met Chris!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

wabbit

Tweet Reader.
Coldplayer
As an ex-Chicago resident, I'm sad to be missing out on this show but glad we have so much representation :D

On tour wth Coldplay ‏@oxfamontour
Welcome to Chicago http://twitpic.com/afxu2e

markhornok

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone know what row the catwalk portion of the stage extends to? Basically, if you are in the first row of Sec 2, how far from the actual stage are you?

Mark