[8-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Verizon Center, Washington, DC, USA

liveintechnicolor

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
jensgt, i agree! i had a terrible time getting tickets. my friend, her boyfriend and i were all on ticketmaster right at 10 and it took forever to get tickets, but we ended up with floor seats. we're in section 4, row d. today was the hardest time i've ever had getting tickets. i'm really not a fan of ticketmaster. but i'm so glad they're coming back to DC!!

p.s. i was at all the shows in your signature too! :)

MaxRide

agender mad scientist (they/them)
Coldplayer
Well, since I couldn't get decent seats at all on Ticketmaster on the general sale, I went to Stubhub. AND I GOT FLOOR SEATS! :dazzled:

I live a lot closer to Philly, but D.C. HERE I COME!

jensgt

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Those were great shows! At Nissan Pavillion I suffered through whatever necessary (dehydration and sore feet) to be in the very front of the pit right in the middle...10 feet from Chris!

Yeah Ticketmaster is shady. Check out stubhub and by 10:30 there were TONS of the best tickets online there and also ticket liquidator for anywhere from around 2x to 4x the ticket price. Got to wonder if Ticketmaster is doing this to recoup some of the money they will lose from their lawsuit. How is it that many scalpers can get tickets but most of us regular people can't get those good tickets. I am happy now with my 111 now that I see what issues everyone else had. My friend had to go 200's...but at least she is near stage.

twitchy517

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Are there any general admission type seats? I'm trying to go with a few friends, but we can't get our tickets together, so is there anyway we'd still be able to be at the concert together?

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Since I didn't have an American Express card, I had to wait till this morning at 10am with everyone else to try to get tickets. Since this is my 3rd Coldplay concert I'm attending I wanted to get the best seats available that my budget could allow. I tried getting VIP Tour Floor seats for 2 on the 8th but I believe they were all sold out because it wasn't allowing me to do that. Fortunately Coldplay added July 9th (the next day) as an option so I was able to get the seats I want (Section 2!!!!) and the price wasn't as high as I expected. Even though the concert is a bit ways away I'm excited as if its next weekend!!!!

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Got seats for both DC shows.

Section 113 for this one.

jensgt

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Got seats for both DC shows.

Section 113 for this one.
Did you get on right at 10am? I tried so hard to get 113 or 120 those are great sections. The only section in the 100s that EVER came up was 111. I tried for a half hour finally gave in to 111.

It seems to me like Ticketmaster gives you a section...and you take it or leave it...don't want 111...take 430. That seems to be how it works.

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey Angie...glad to hear your coming to DC. I hope we can meet up before one of the shows. Please keep in touch.
will do. I'll probably come into town the Friday. Gonna try and see some of the city.

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did you get on right at 10am? I tried so hard to get 113 or 120 those are great sections. The only section in the 100s that EVER came up was 111. I tried for a half hour finally gave in to 111.

It seems to me like Ticketmaster gives you a section...and you take it or leave it...don't want 111...take 430. That seems to be how it works.
The presale offered me section 105, row b seat 1 over 50 times. :dozey:

roccobrown

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys, sooo excited for this show! My first Coldplay show, it's gonna be amazing. Anyone on here with Floor 4 tickets?

SeldomSeenGirl

In My Place
Coldplayer
As far as I remember, I'll be in section 108 or 109...
My first Verizon Center end stage show; not sure if those seats are any good. The presale effed with me a lot.

AgainstTheWorld

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
A little over one month left. SO SO SO EXCITED!!!

Have been watching videos from their Stadium shows and the stage is freaking amazing. I wonder how the stage will look for the North America Leg.

Anyone has any ideas?

romanglass

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Looking forward to this gig too! Got tix for the 8th :dance:

Anyone from here meeting up beforehand for a drink or so? :)

dexter72

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
First post here - hi everybody! :)

So there are side/rear view seats available for this show - can anyone tell me whether these are worth purchasing? I know there's some sort of 360 degree stage on this tour, but does it still block some of the back? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

icedude2010

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
First post here - hi everybody! :)

So there are side/rear view seats available for this show - can anyone tell me whether these are worth purchasing? I know there's some sort of 360 degree stage on this tour, but does it still block some of the back? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
I've seen pictures from shows and it appears that you will be able to see everything if you are behind the stage. It looks like they are trying to have the Xylobands light up the entire arena (stadium?) where they are playing so they want everyone to be seen/see what is going on!

PS I don't have tickets to this show yet... but I need to get them... like I'll do anything. Lol

jbarry5503

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can't wait for the shows on the 8th and 9th. Hope to meet lots of new coldplayers.