[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

melanieau

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Thank God I was wrong. :laugh3:
Chris has SOME common sense not to shout out One Direction when it's on an international scale :laugh3:

(My six year old loves that song they sing and sadly I catch myself singing it sometimes...that's what makes you beautiful...alright going to go sit in the corner now :shame:)

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
I just watched the closing ceremony. Wow. Just wow. It was an amazing performance. Jealous of all who were lucky enough to be in that stadium last night.

Loved 42, Strawberry Swing, The Scientist, and Charlie Brown the most.

And I feel compelled to say I actually enjoyed the POC performance - Chris and Rhianna have such an incredible chemistry together on stage.

Very proud of our boys. No one could have done that closing better.
I've often read old threads on this forum and wondered what ever happened to you. Don't post much anymore?

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&user_id=el-carabobeno&set_id=72157631489093450&tags=Cars,Lotus,Exige" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe>

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&[email protected]&set_id=72157631488339326&tags=Cars,Lotus,Exige" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Jeez, I just read through the last 50 pages. Can't really add anything else but my LOVE FOR THIS FREAKING BAND. They're so amazing I don't even know what to say...

Ihr seid super Coldplay, was würde ich nur ohne euch machen! :wacky:

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Who's wondering if Chris was warned not to swear last night?
I think he had figured out by himself :laugh3:

Damn, that ceremony was just too amazing for words. Everything was said already. I would have loved to see a "real" version of Politik, though. I guess I'm a bit biased though, as I think everyone should know this song like everyone knows Imagine by John Lennon. It is such a true, honest and timeless song and it would have added more depth to the ceremony, imo. However that new drums version was absolutely fantastic, and it is great that they thought of that for the ceremony. It is great that Coldplay was "allowed" to play that many songs, actually! What an honor!
I have to admit I am a bit gutted that media titles are mostly about the fact that they were joined by Rihanna & Jay-Z (I mean COME ON GET OVER IT PEOPLE, RIRI WAS THERE FOR NO MORE THAN 10 MINUTES IN A 2H30 LONG CEREMONY), but it's not surprising, as I've said in another thread, she is after all one of the current biggest international pop stars, so media and social networks are interested in her joining such an event.

It was definitely a highlight of Coldplay's career, probably the most important performance they've ever done, and they totally nailed it. They were perfect from beginning to end. I don't think they can be denied the "title" of "biggest band in the world right now" anymore, and it was just another proof of how awesome they are. I will now laugh forever at the ones who mock Coldplay. Or feel sorry for them, as they must have missed the ceremony/ lived something so traumatic in their lives they no longer have heart and soul.

I love that Tweet, from that article posted a few pages ago, saying that it would be enough to show like 3 minutes of the ceremony to vouch in favour of humanity at an Intergalactic trial :laugh3:

And now I'm gonna watch Strawberry Swing and 42 for, like, ever :dazzled:

James.

(Nice Title)
Coldplayer
Who's wondering if Chris was warned not to swear last night?
As Coeurli said, I'm pretty sure Chris has enough common sense not to swear live on TV in front of thousands of people :laugh3: However, I was half expecting to hear "All the boys scream like your off your fucking face!" in GPASUYF :lol:

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
I saw the closing ceremony live! I almost cried! Did any one else hear Politik
The band didn't play Politik. A differently arranged version was played at the beginning as well as at the end. Just parts of the song anyway, the Open Up Your Eyes part.

katja

I ran away
Coldplayer
Jeez, I just read through the last 50 pages. Can't really add anything else but my LOVE FOR THIS FREAKING BAND. They're so amazing I don't even know what to say...

Ihr seid super Coldplay, was würde ich nur ohne euch machen! :wacky:
THIS

The Red Army

Congress Tart
Coldplayer
Jay-Z messed up his verse on Run This Town. He started to rap his second verse during the first verse, but then quickly noticed it and changed up. He stayed on beat, so it wasn't that noticeable.

teernabh5

Strawberry Swinger
Coldplayer
It was the most amazing experience. The show started with the orchestra's rendition of Politik, which is like one of my favorite songs. The paralympians are a great inspiration for all and I have been following London 2012 quite religiously for last weeks and month!.

Coldplay started with chris' beautiful voice arousing the olympic stadium with Us against the World, a song so fitting for the occasion that I was almost shedding tears by the end of it. Then the songs continued to create one of the most spectacular shows in olympic and paralympic history. the heart shaped ring of fire was so beautiful and so were the gymnasts. "Paradise" sounded so amazing , though at first I thought the crowd was not a totally Coldplay crowd but slowly Chris won everyone's hearts! The light show during "Charlie Brown" was one of the best things I have ever seen and Chris changed the lyrics of GPASUYF to "paralympic Games put a smile upon the face" at the end I think!

They played some of the less played songs like "42" which basically sent shivers down my spine. And I think My favorite part of the show was when Chris sat down with the disabled orchestra to sing "Strawberry Swing",one of the best songs in the already amazing Coldplay Discography!
Rihanna for the first time seemed quite good singing POC, until she started pawing Chris which was weird. But I guess I was reacting due to my already Highly-Alert Fangirling nerves! Jay Z did an amazing job. He is another stadium artist like CP and knows how to handle the crowd and he seemed quite honored to be there. I liked his new verse for Paradise.
Chris was sweating buckets but he is a great frontman and has the most endearing qualities to attract his fans. However , In the MX era he has gotten a little Buff which makes him look younger and Sexier , and He completely rocked out last night! Jonny's guitar and Will's drums worked wonders ! I missed him a bit in the GPASUYF a bit but that guy with no fingers was Crazy good as well! At the end , when "everyteardrop is a waterfall" played and the fireworks started happening , The whole stadium was on its feet! It proved that whatever people say about coldplay , they end up Liking the fact that they are Infact "The BEST Band in the World" !!!!!

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
http://www.ardtext.de/text/802

PARALYMPICS CLOSING CEREMONY: LONDON SAYS GOODBYE

The 14th Paralympics in London came to an end with a glittering closing ceremony.

The band Coldplay and the singer Rihanna were the main attractions at the closing ceremony in front of 80,000 spectators in the sold-out Olympic Stadium. Before the futuristic music show with the title "Festival of Flame" the athletes from 165 nations marched into the stadium. The German flag was carried by table tennis player Thomas Schmidberger.

British Prime Minister David Cameron paid tribute to the "superhuman" athletes. "The Paralympics have changed the perspective."

Maybe this has been translated before, but I have not had the time to look through all the pages to find out.