Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
Something tells me the AHFOD era isn’t over just yet...especially if Coldplay agree to release The Race.
Btw, I think we can all agree The Race would have been a much better substitute for the Tokyo ‘Remix’ Of SJLT on Kaleidoscope EP! I think that truly would be the best EP that Coldplay releases if that were the case

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Something tells me the AHFOD era isn’t over just yet...especially if Coldplay agree to release The Race.
Btw, I think we can all agree The Race would have been a much better substitute for the Tokyo ‘Remix’ Of SJLT on Kaleidoscope EP! I think that truly would be the best EP that Coldplay releases if that were the case
I had that same exact thought. Kaleidoscope EP should have been this:

1. The Race
2. AICTAIY
3. Miracles (Someone Special)
4. ALIENS
5. Hypnotised (EP Mix)

Either AICTAIY or The Race could have been track 1 depending on which one is a better opener. Hard to know because we haven't heard the entire song.

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Can't believe that one week has already passed since the AHFOD film was screened. It still feels like yesterday when I left the cinema being overwhelmed and deeply moved. Truly an unforgettable, glorious and incredible experience. Even now I'm able to recall and feel again all the feelings I went through back on that day. What a worthwhile emotional roller coaster ride that was! :)

oldiefan

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Pouring out my heart here. I'm so deeply sad and disappointed about missing out on this once-in-a-lifetime event and can't think about anything else. I very rarely go to the cinema, have perhaps been there five or six times in my entire life. Now along comes a film about the history of my favourite band - this was the ONE cinema film I knew I wanted to attend and was looking forward to ever since it was announced. And with the old unseen footage etc it was really something huge to look forward to, especially for an Oldplayer like me ! For around a month, in the bleakness of my life, this date of November 14 was something to hold on to.

But a few days ago I had to cancel my ticket. I'm quite ill and tomorrow of all days I'll be hospitalized, for what could be quite a long time. I'm so scared about everything and now this.

I'll be very honest, I'm really jealous of all you other Coldplayers who get to experience it :pensive: Everyone here and on social media is hyped about it and I read these things and I know I won't be there and "the hardest part was letting go, not taking part...was the hardest part".
Of course no one around me in my life understands what it meant to me, they think it's just a random cinema visit I had to cancel... :cold_sweat:

By the way, I asked Mat about the 10 mins extra footage for cinema because I was upset on missing out on that too. He said it might be streamed on Coldplay.com soon. That's at least something !

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/1061989809428881409
Soooooo sorry to read your sad news. I hope you're OK. You'll see the film at some time.... it'll still be here waiting for you. Chin up !

oldiefan

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Oh ! In Mat's live stream interview I had my question answered !!!! On Twitter I'm 'Mrs Green'. :D

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Thanks, I watched the film already !

Oh ! In Mat's live stream interview I had my question answered !!!! On Twitter I'm 'Mrs Green'. :D
Yeah, i heard your name being called ! A question of mine was picked too ! :)

oldiefan

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Thanks, I watched the film already !

Yeah, i heard your name being called ! A question of mine was picked too ! :)
Hi ! So pleased to learn you've seen the film. That must have made you feel a lot better. Hope things are improving health-wise.
We were certainly honoured to both have our question read out, eh ?

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
The more I watch the film, the more I love Ghost Stories. That part was so well done by Mat and it really shows how Chris was a mess back then. And the feeling put into that album turns it into the best Coldplay album in terms of pureness because it came straightaway and not because some record company pushed them to make one, like in X&Y. And I'm a oldplayer, so I reckon, musically, X&Y is much better than GS, but GS holds a place in my heart that X&Y might never get because I can find situations in my life much more relatable to GS where it works like a healer to be honest. Well done Chris.

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
On another topic. While rewatching the film I noticed Chris' phone and his messages. :cool:
Can anyone figure out what people does Chris keep chating with? :joy: I can see Big Sean there for example.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
On another topic. While rewatching the film I noticed Chris' phone and his messages. :cool:
Can anyone figure out what people does Chris keep chating with? :joy: I can see Big Sean there for example.
Jess Kent the first one? She was an opening act for Coldplay at our NZ show in December 2016

Elly

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can't believe that one week has already passed since the AHFOD film was screened. It still feels like yesterday when I left the cinema being overwhelmed and deeply moved. Truly an unforgettable, glorious and incredible experience. Even now I'm able to recall and feel again all the feelings I went through back on that day. What a worthwhile emotional roller coaster ride that was! :)
I felt the same. I was absolutely elated. The message of the film: 'Everything is possible' and 'Never give up' made so much sense after watching this film. These four people were just four ordinary, normal students, Why was it them who became famous and not all the other students there with their guitars? It must have been their determination. They passed their exams just while going through the very difficult times of their early beginnings, which is extraordinary. Everybody can achieve so much more than he thinks he can. Thanks, Coldplay, for showing us this. But the end was also a bit sad, because I think Coldplay will never go on tour again, but I do hope they will release another album

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I felt the same. I was absolutely elated. The message of the film: 'Everything is possible' and 'Never give up' made so much sense after watching this film. These four people were just four ordinary, normal students, Why was it them who became famous and not all the other students there with their guitars? It must have been their determination. They passed their exams just while going through the very difficult times of their early beginnings, which is extraordinary. Everybody can achieve so much more than he thinks he can. Thanks, Coldplay, for showing us this. But the end was also a bit sad, because I think Coldplay will never go on tour again, but I do hope they will release another album
Why do you think they'll never go on tour again? :(

Elly

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Why do you think they'll never go on tour again? :(
They said so many times in the film and in other interviews that this album was the end of a circle and that the last tour was what they had always wanted to achieve. It seems they have no more ambition for new tours. Besides, I think the time of big Musical stadium tours is gradually coming to an end. But I might be wrong.

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
I disagree. I think stadium tours are kind of the norm for huge artist right now. Specially since we are in the streaming era and touring tickets are the main money source of the industry. I'm sure the guys will tour again. Even their management hinted at it, even if they said it's not going to happen until 2021.

Elly

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I disagree. I think stadium tours are kind of the norm for huge artist right now. Specially since we are in the streaming era and touring tickets are the main money source of the industry. I'm sure the guys will tour again. Even their management hinted at it, even if they said it's not going to happen until 2021.
You are right, touring tickets are the main money source of the industry nowadays. Shows will become even greater and even more 'colourful'. So tickets must and will become more and more expensive and only very rich people will be able to buy them. People in Mexico for instance were complaining that for a Coldplay show they had to pay as much money as a month's wages. One day the whole music industry will collapse. I do hope Coldplay will go on tour again, but at the end of the film they seemed so content with what they had achieved that I doubt it. Besides, they are getting older and new and younger artists are arriving. Well, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. Perhaps they will soon surprise us with a new album and new tours.