A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Hmmmmm. Watching it again I am not sure what to think.

Definitely like the bouncing bass and that the whole band is involved, but feel like the songwriting and melody aren't anything special. Maybe the studio version will change my mind.

I absolutely adore the production though. The atmospherics, the wind-chime sound. Love that and really hope that part is extended on album. Intro and outro great.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I agree what someone said above about U2 vibes. J doing his edge impression on this track. Negatively though, the ohh ohh ohhs are starting to become overused.

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
WOAH. This track is Coldplay's transition from GS to AHFOD. And does it work, fuck yeah it does! The instrumentation and lyrics work very well, there's U2 vibes, an epic opener. Can I say more? Nope. Extrodinary piece of music, well done boys, just like Up&Up.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Much better than I thought it would be. Fan reviews made it sound like it was more similar to A Sky Full Of Stars.

Loving the U2 influence. The 'Where The Streets Have No Name' of AHFOD. Maybe not as good but excellent opener regardless!

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
This sounds so much like U2 that it is actually shocking. That's a good thing for me, I'm totally enjoying it but critics might bring it up a lot.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Yup, this song totally exceeded mine too!!! I lolololoved it.. And it totes sounds like old u2! Wish they had done more songs like it!

gentleparachute

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This sounds so much like U2 that it is actually shocking. That's a good thing for me, I'm totally enjoying it but critics might bring it up a lot.
That is my only worry... But then again, maybe people will understand that in the album they are doing tributes to everything they love - it's more U2 than U2, which is quite an achievement actually - they've obviously figured out what makes U2 sound like U2! :laugh3: I only wonder what U2 themselves will think? :uhoh:

KidA

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Don't get why people are complaining; this is the best song U2 have done in years.

gai

Don't get why people are complaining; this is the best song U2 have done in years.
the irony being, u2 doing coldplay doing u2, in the last u2 album :laugh3: it's an infinite two-way cycle!

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did anyone catch the "high, i feel so high, high, high, etc" lyrics in this song? I couldn't really pick them out...

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
In my humble opinion, it is a decent song. Very reminiscent of U2. The ooooohs are certainly going to sound amazing during the tour. But other than that, I am not sure it will stand the test of time.

LVI56

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I didn't catch the heavy U2 influence when we first heard it, but wow is it ever present. I'm loving the song more than ever.

Aiko

Glowing in the Dark
Coldplayer
Did anyone catch the "high, i feel so high, high, high, etc" lyrics in this song? I couldn't really pick them out...
I think this wasn't the song filmed on India. HFTW for sure!

I loved AHFOD by the way. Incredible opener. Beautiful song :)