*AHFOD* soundcheck theory time!

SprayCanSoulGuy

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Yes, I was in the AHFOD discussion as it happened!
Coldplay soundchecked a new song from the album! (we are almost totally sure about it)

Now. Here's my own crafted theory...

Will this "new song" be the album opener?
It's been stated that AHFOD will be the day to the night of GS! Maybe this will be the optimistic version of Always In My Head!!!

Let me know.

ov3la

Coldplayer
I don't think the new song is a part of AHFOD. The vibes are identical to GS. Most likely it's one that didn't make the final cut. Besides the band is notorious for soundchecking songs that they never perform live.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I am also of the opinion it's an unheard song from the GS sessions. The guitar has a very True Love-y, AIMH vibe to it

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm sure they didn't mean the "day to GS' night" thing literal, so they won't just mirror the songs on GS...dunno if this song will be on the record.

jer123

Coldplayer
It does sound GS,but well it could be one of the darker songs from AHFOD

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
I don't see why they'd soundcheck a GS leftover when the GS era has been behind them for 9 months. The only reason to do that would be if the song is a non-album charity single or an AHFOD track.

mboy114

Videographer & Photographer
Coldplayer
Maybe they wrote the song for Global Citizens?

SprayCanSoul

Podge
Coldplayer
Maybe they wrote the song for Global Citizens?
I agree with this! I reckon this song is a standalone song for the Global Citizen event and not part of the AHFOD era.

I just can't see Coldplay sound checking a new song from the album knowing it would leak like this, it's not how I would see them wanting to kick off the new era music! I think the first time we will hear new music from the AHFOD era will be a studio version of the lead single, live versions will then follow.

SprayCanSoulGuy

Coldplayer
I agree with this! I reckon this song is a standalone song for the Global Citizen event and not part of the AHFOD era.

I just can't see Coldplay sound checking a new song from the album knowing it would leak like this, it's not how I would see them wanting to kick off the new era music! I think the first time we will hear new music from the AHFOD era will be a studio version of the lead single, live versions will then follow.
Now it's starting to make sense to me.
I agree!

jer123

Coldplayer
The thing is,the lyrics dosent seem to be related to global citizen festival.Also,coldplay said they weren't gonna perform unless they have to so why create a song!?

@AwardChris

Coldplayer
This is definitely not the song which they shot the video for in Mumbai.
That song was (I'm 99% sure) the title track to the new album.
So is this another song from the new album?
Hopefully, we may know a bit more after tonight.

Doolittle2008

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm betting they're going to play the new song. I may be wrong, but I'm betting on it. It may have a slight Ghost Stories vibe, but the strings and guitar definitely have a brighter sound. It's nothing "dark" as far as we can tell, the lyrics portray that its simply a happy love song.

Interesting theories, I'm exited to find out what's gonna happen!