Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Always In My Head

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^ could it be the third single?
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the official channel uploaded this...it wouldn't be a bad choice at all, (it would probably have an amazing music video) but I think Ink would be the best 3rd single.

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Actually I think A Sky Full Of Stars is probably getting a video before a 3rd single is out, still

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
This song can be the fourth single after True Love. Now who votes for that? :cool:

aschall

Here Comes the Night Time
Coldplayer
This is random but Always In My Head is one of the best songs Chris has ever written; maybe even the best. And the production is just as beautiful as the vocal performance.

I don't really hold Coldplay up to a high artistic standard, but damn sometimes there's a stroke of genius and they just evoke the strongest emotions out of me.

And that is worthy of acclaim.

Gwaihir

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have a question about the intro to this song. At second 17 it really strikes me everytime as if I hear an error in the audio when the loop suddenly jumps... but why did they do that? It´s sounds bad to my ear... why not "flowing" into the next loop?

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
I have a question about the intro to this song. At second 17 it really strikes me everytime as if I hear an error in the audio when the loop suddenly jumps... but why did they do that? It´s sounds bad to my ear... why not "flowing" into the next loop?
Interesting, I really like that sudden jump of the loop, it sounds kind of outlandish and fitting. But I can see your point, it is rather abrupt.

Alteran Ancient

To see the one I love!
Coldplayer
"This, I guess. Is to tell you you're chosen, out from the rest."

That line pretty much sums up how I feel about this particular song. Combine it with the synthetic strings that accompany the song and it becomes a really emotive piece.

The only other song that comes close for me on this album is True Love. Don't get me wrong - I like most if not all of them, but I there's just a few that feel like they jerk more of a reaction out of you.

whenIlookintoyoureyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is random but Always In My Head is one of the best songs Chris has ever written; maybe even the best. And the production is just as beautiful as the vocal performance.

I don't really hold Coldplay up to a high artistic standard, but damn sometimes there's a stroke of genius and they just evoke the strongest emotions out of me.

And that is worthy of acclaim.
Absolutely could not agree more. Was hands down my favourite track after a listen through once of all of GS. I just kept going back & back to this one. It's divinely perfect.

Last edited:

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
The best song in Ghost Stories, in my opinion. Always leaves me wanting for more.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was just listening to the debut version, live at iTunes festival and thought that the production is a tad too much for the studio version. I really like it still but doesn't seem to have the same impact as Oceans on the album for me.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
off topic but my fav version of Oceans is the Live Lounge. It's just so pure and natural

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/axWQoA1Psh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OdysseasTS

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I know it's like a year and a half later but,
I noticed that in the intro of AIMH what the choir/voice thing is saying in Greek it sound like the word :gs: Άγγελοι :gs: which translates to :gs: Angels :gs: in english...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Don't the voices say "Alchemy" because it is a commercial sample called Alchemists' Choir ?