Am I the only person totally in love with DLIBYH?

JillyBlue

Performer, Coldplay Choir
Coldplayer
On first listen I thought, "Oh, no, it sounds like U2's 'Who's Going to Ride Your Wild Horses?'"

But I have just listened to it for about the 10th time and it has definitely stolen my own heart.

I love it, too.

Schröder

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It could use another build and a solo before fading into UWTB.
But still it is a terrific track altogether. :)

kittybitty

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
It's classic Coldplay on an album that is different than every other Coldplay album.

yuls

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
this song totally breaks MY heart!I don't know if it's for the lyrics, or the music, or both, but I can't stop crying when I listen to this.it's such a beautiful, hopeful song.

ColdplayFanatic16

Kelly D.
Coldplayer
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!! THIS SONG IS FANTASTIC AND AMAZING!!! It's up there with all the great songs. Ok with all songs as I think all their songs are great.

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
I am so in love with DLIBYH :dazzled: It's my favorite song on the album.

Rockdudet

Easy to please! X
Coldplayer
I'm totally crazy about it too! it has so much energy and it could perfectly be the closing song, just as ETIAW! it's way to beautiful

dreamorlife

mister dramatic username
Coldplayer
At first it reminded me of the chorus of a 'Glass of Water'.
Both great tunes, dancy :D

Revolverwin

Champion of the World
Coldplayer
yeah!! it gives so much energy like my fave song ETIAW!!!

as of now, ETIAW, UFO and DLIBYH are mt top 3^^

PlayAMessage

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
With AHT as an intro to this song, it just is amazing. Really turning into my favourite song along with U.F.O.

dscoot2000

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
here's my comparison:
killers intro
lovers in japan middle
possible god put a smile on your face live jam for the end
and definite butterfly confetti when they play live

dscoot2000

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
dlibyh was just used as background music on sportscenter, to the david freese StLouis champ intro

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
This is my most conflicted song on the album. As someone who is very disappointed with the album as a whole aside from 3 tracks (CB, UATW, UWTB) and has tried my hardest to give everything multiple chances, this is the only song aside from those 3 that I haven't totally cast aside because I still can't tell if I like it or not. DLIBYH - crappy title aside - doesn't commit the sins that a ton of the other pop tracks on the album do. Because of that, parts of it are damn catchy. But it feels too noisy and unfocused. Almost unfinished, even. I feel like some additional development and maybe incorporating "A Hopeful Transmission" into the beginning more could have made this a much more appealing song that would have been better suited as a single release than what's already been chosen.

That said, if any song actually does grow on me in the coming months (in spite of everyone telling me "the whole album grows on you!"), I can guarantee it will be this one.

Samuel_94

Car Kid
Coldplayer
I absolutely love this song!!!
DLIBYH DNA

50% Glass Of Water
30% Don Quixote
20% Dubliners

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Chris said in an interview that Brian Eno thought they left this song too full, and Chris agreed. So hopefully, the live version will be a little less confusing.

I think this song is growing on me, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. The heartbeat is awesome though.