Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another's Arms + A Sky Full of Stars = next singles??

Revolverwin

Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
Paradise released about a month and two weeks before the album dropped. September 12, I believe.

As for A Sky Full of Stars, I'm not seeing why it's weird to release it so close to the album. Viva La Vida released about three weeks before VLVODAAHF dropped.
I agree. Also, a release of a second single off the album can boost sales.

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ good lookin' sig you got there....

Anyways, I think the weird part is releasing a majority of the songs before the album is even out, a la, Mylo Xyloto.

9 tracks on the album (not including 3 bonus). Midnight, Magic, Always in My Head and Another's Arms heard and potentially A Sky Full of Stars now. 5/9 tracks heard before the album drops. I don't mind myself, but its a weird tactic.

dontgo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
A sky full of stars would also make an interesting video. Wonder how they will approach the video, in the galaxy perhaps? Anyhow should be just as good as the Magic video.

Revolverwin

Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
@jc90

-I just realized that we have similarities on our sig. :D
Anyway, mine is completely black except for the new album (Ghost Stories) cover. I did that to emphasize the coming of a new era :) cheers!

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The sigs are also ever so slightly different in size as well, but it's funny how we had the same basic idea

Revolverwin

Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
The sigs are also ever so slightly different in size as well, but it's funny how we had the same basic idea
You're right :laugh1: I also noticed that the colors for the new era is amazing. Blue and silver are my favorite colors. I see you've used that in your sig in writing "GS".

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
A sky full of stars would also make an interesting video. Wonder how they will approach the video, in the galaxy perhaps? Anyhow should be just as good as the Magic video.
I'm hoping it won't be too literal and that it will be full of energy :D

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^ good lookin' sig you got there....

Anyways, I think the weird part is releasing a majority of the songs before the album is even out, a la, Mylo Xyloto.

9 tracks on the album (not including 3 bonus). Midnight, Magic, Always in My Head and Another's Arms heard and potentially A Sky Full of Stars now. 5/9 tracks heard before the album drops. I don't mind myself, but its a weird tactic.
Weird tactic sure, but I think the general public really doesn't seek things out past Midnight/Magic. Same goes for MX...I feel like most of my friends ONLY knew ETIAW and Paradise until way way later.

gjohnson

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My understanding of record industry is that songs and CDs are released to promote tours since that's where the money is made (unless you are giving away expensive xylobands!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk