Another's Arms

pansonic

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Yes but i can't hear the part from Another's Arms....
That's because you sample one note (or, I think, two notes in this case) and you play them via the sampler like a musical instrument. Observe how in the beginning of the riff in another's arms the voice of the lady is a little off. That's cause it was transposed in the sampler.

This here is not for Coldplay, but you'll get the idea.

[video=youtube;p233FWxFuRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p233FWxFuRM[/video]

viva-la-coldplay

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I actually really like this. Love the woman singing and Chris' lower register. Haven't quite decided how I feel about the effects, the kind of radar thing but I think that's because I'm so unused to Coldplay adding in 'weird' things :laugh3: Oooh and the guitar at the end is excellent!

ulwanmokhtar

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this song was the supposed highlights of all GS tracks after I've watched the live NBC. Brilliant, just brilliant. I came back with love for Another's Arms, I think it is the best song they ever pulled of GS.

ladypro615

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i dont hate it anymore. its different but its still good in its own way. i just got to tune the live version out lol

bellynelly

you'll never walk alone
Coldplayer
love this, wasn't so keen on the album when I first listened to it, this was the only song I instantly liked. Its the woman's voice and chris lower register, it got me straight away, one of those songs that gets you, well it got me anyway!!!

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
The first time I listened to the song, I guess it became one of my least favorite song on GS. I mean I like it but not as much as I like AFSOS, Magic and AIMH a lot more. Everyone has different taste of music so I know that many ppl love this song too :)

vrgadam

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I mean the lyrics is somewhat naked.

Like you're body on my body.

that's naked to my knowledge :p
I don't know. Who's watching TV naked? Then again, ‘late night watching TV’ so there could be that sort of TV programme on. :)

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
I don't know. Who's watching TV naked? Then again, ‘late night watching TV’ so there could be that sort of TV programme on. :)
Hahah is this leading to the wrong direction? :lol:

vrgadam

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hahah is this leading to the wrong direction? :lol:
Maybe it is :) Anyway, I think Chris was thinking about a couple who watch TV together, cuddled up on a peaceful night rather than doing something racy :)

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
Maybe it is :) Anyway, I think Chris was thinking about a couple who watch TV together, cuddled up on a peaceful night rather than doing something racy :)
Yeah thats what I thought too, I think he defines 'youre body on my body' thing meaning that two people are good for each other :) but at some point if you are thinking way too far, that can be about something dirty really :p

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;79WPUuvQup0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WPUuvQup0[/video]

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I really want an instrumental version but with the haunting lady voice (I tried to do it, but it's really hard to me!) :confused:

Coldplero

Coldplayer or Coldplero?
Coldplayer
All another's arms need is: Christopher Martin singing and playing the piano. I mean the piano chords of this song are amazing and so underrated.

And I forget Jonny's AWESOME solo on this song and AWESOME notes playing AFTER THE SOLO! WHAT A COMBINATION JONNY YOU ARE ROCKING!