Besides MX and AHT...

Teco

Open up your ayes
Coldplayer
...the Mylo Xyloto chords are present in UFO also.

From 1:20 ahead there are again the iterant notes.

:)

LetsTalk212

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm glad someone else caught this. I love how they reprise MX a few times over the course of the album. Really helps "continue" the story.

The+escapist

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The entirety of DLIBYH is also built around the MX progression, pretty much just an extension of AHT

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Yeah it's almost like a soundtrack or film score, like a leitmotif. It's great.

admnistramation

MX
Coldplayer
I'm glad I wasn't the first one or the only one to spot this. :D I noticed it today when I was listening in class, it definitely gives the album (and UFO as a song) more merit.

Connor!42!

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i am really loving this album. Just the concept of making it basically a story is amazing to me. Something that we won't see for a very long time either

The+escapist

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Also, Up With The Birds? It has some same melodic ideas, at least.
Yeah I noticed that the very ending sound of Up With The Birds is the same note as MMIX and the intro sound of ETIAW. Helps tie the happy feelings of MMIX and ETIAW with the happy ending of UWTB I think :)

Samuel_94

Car Kid
Coldplayer
I need to listen to UFO and DLIBYH more closely but I can hear the chords to MX in AHT!

lifeincoldplaycolor

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yes ufo has the same chords almost so the song repeats 3 times to make the album a concept album its a genius thing its not present however in DLBYH and other songs i can tell you for sure

kittybitty

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I noticed it right off. Ties all the songs together, and yes, it's kind of like a soundtrack. I think that is what Chris will be doing sooner or later.

Keronte

CK
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsBeoVKq3U"]Coldplay - Full Concert (Radio 2 In Concert, 2011) [HQ Audio] - YouTube[/ame] here you can see chris singin part of ufo on mylo xyloto

the scientist is dead

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow....this is so amazing...I noticed it before but I thought I was wrong!!!
Mylo Xyloto is great when you think of the story...all of the songs connect.