Canada, eh?!

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
I have to admit that their songs stay in my head....forever.

Egghead

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
cough:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Arcade Fire
The Stills
The Constantines
The Weakerthans
Broken Social Scene
Valley of the Giants
Barenaked Ladies
Leonard Cohen
Blue Rodeo
Bruce Cockburn
Great Big Sea
Our Lady Peace
Matthew Good
Tragically Hip
Death From Above 1979
A Silver Mt Zion
David Usher
Manitoba
Joel Plaskett
The Trews
Pilate
Hawskley Workman
Sam Roberts
Tegan and Sara
Treble Charger
Sloan

etc etc etc...
yep. all crappy bands. :cool:

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
Yup, all suck. ;)

WEEEEE.

Oh, and the Barenaked Ladies are absolutely horrendous now. Give me old school BNL anyday.

Egghead

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
me too. Gordon is still one of my favourite albums. Their new stuff is crap.

But they still suck. ;)

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
Gordon is still one of my favourite albums.
Yes!! That album is awesome!

But now they write about randomness like chimpanzees and such. Not my thing. :lol:

_Broken_Doll_

Музыка
Coldplayer
i remember there was one video by them...wwhere this kid is in this room wiff a little robot toy guy...I fink its by the barenaked ladies...but i forgot the name since this was like in '95 or '96...around there...

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
Usually the smaller, more unknown Canadian bands are really good. For some reason, the ones that get success elsewhere in bigger markets (US), they're the ones that are usually sucky and smell like poo. :stunned:

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
:lol: But that's my thing. I say that some canadian aspects smell like poo. :embarrased:

Sophisticated

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm Canadian, Yello fellow cannucks.

Sweet One said:
Canadians come out with some really terrible bands though. I mean, Nickelback? Simple Plan?? Not By Choice??

I mean, it's bands like these that make me hang my head down when Canadian music is mentioned.

But Nickelback is by far the worst. They're like, the worst of the worst..and that's really bad. :cool:
This is true but then again, Nickelback were a band long before "how you remind me" came out, the only reason they made it "big" and were overplayed like that is because they were signed. And who would do such a thing? Not a canadian record label, the yanks signed them and blame us for theiur existance, if it were up to canadians the name "Nickelback" would mean absolutely nothing. Same thing goes for Sum41.

There are a lot of really talented Canadian artists out there, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Serena Ryder....for some reason these people are always overlooked, so forget about the crap (every country produces some crap) and embrace the talent.

*Justine*

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't even realize at times, but a lot of the music that I listen to, the bands are either Canadian or lived in Canada at one point. For example Broken Social Scene, Death from Above, The Stills, Metric, Arcade Fire, Feist, Uncut, Stars and the Dears etc.

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
There are a lot of really talented Canadian artists out there, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Serena Ryder....for some reason these people are always overlooked, so forget about the crap (every country produces some crap) and embrace the talent.
Oh, I hear ya!! The smaller Canadian bands are usually the best...Feist, Metric, Stars and Controller.Controller are all in my playlist and they rock.

ComaGirl

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello! another one from the Land of horrible bands..... not to mention Celine! :disappointed:

_Broken_Doll_

Музыка
Coldplayer
I loov Canada....but I must agree those really popular bands suck! and don't get me started on that Lavigne girl....*gets sick*

butttt I do like auf Der Maur, Sam Roberts, Pilate, and local Montreal bands, and some other bands from Quebec/Montreal....