Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sophisticated said:
I'm Canadian, Yello fellow cannucks.

Sweet One said:
Canadians come out with some really terrible bands though. I mean, Nickelback? Simple Plan?? Not By Choice??

I mean, it's bands like these that make me hang my head down when Canadian music is mentioned.

But Nickelback is by far the worst. They're like, the worst of the worst..and that's really bad. :cool:
This is true but then again, Nickelback were a band long before "how you remind me" came out, the only reason they made it "big" and were overplayed like that is because they were signed. And who would do such a thing? Not a canadian record label, the yanks signed them and blame us for theiur existance, if it were up to canadians the name "Nickelback" would mean absolutely nothing. Same thing goes for Sum41.

There are a lot of really talented Canadian artists out there, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Serena Ryder....for some reason these people are always overlooked, so forget about the crap (every country produces some crap) and embrace the talent.
eh hey my fellow canucker, welcome 2 the forum!! ^ oh for sure...U LEFT OUT BILLY TALENT :cry:

Sophisticated

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You know what don't even get me started on Billy Talent. First of of i don't like their music it has a lot of excess screaming in it and more importantly, The Singer and I have had an expirience. They were opening for sum 41 (my friends were all going so i figured it could be fun...it wasn't) and I got stuck at the front of the stage then he started screaming and he points at me and says "I fucking hate girls, this song is about a bitch I knew" and then he horked in my face. Thus my fellow cannuck they aren't in my good books.

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
^^ first off, eeeww gross..and secondly, wow! you got horked on the face by the dude from Billy Talent! hahah

I don't know. If you wanna talk about bands who have excess screaming in their tunes, let's talk alexisonfire. My boyfriend's roommate loves this band, but all I hear is some dude screaming at the top of his lungs. How can they expect me to relate to their music, if I have no idea what the hell they're saying? That's just my opinion anyway.

Sophisticated

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hahaha some drunk on the bus thought I looked like that dude from Alexisonfire, I know he was intoxicated but I was still a little insulted. Yeah I don't like screamo bands

*Justine*

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
congrats on your bling sophisticated.

I think this is the first time I have come across you on the board.

Sophisticated

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
thanks, yeah I just signed up awhile ago, I used to be Fair_)trade13 and didn't post here to often.
I'm Bonnie By the Way...its a lot easier than saying "sophisticated" all the time;)

Egghead

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Billy Talent fucked our sheep! :D :cool:

it was at the Frosh Week concert at Carleton. Our frosh group had this mascot lawn ornament sheep, and he fucked it on stage. :rolleyes: :cool:

x_TheSkyCouldFall

luminous + wired
Coldplayer
hi, i'm from toronto!
hey again _frenchkriss I think i saw you back at another thread about canada hahaha.

ahh nickelback. the dude (chad kreugar sp?) really annoys me, maybe its their song Photograph (i used to hear it every single day :bomb:) or something about his hair. yeah i know, chris' hair is getting out of control too, but this guy makes me go bananas.

all i can say is lay off on the hair products and get a new style.

(sorry for all those chad fans out there, i didnt mean harm)

_frenchkriss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
heyyy...x_theskycouldfall, yeah I totally proud of being Canadian and living in the T-dot lols. by the way, the name is Sam! :p

Last edited:

x_TheSkyCouldFall

luminous + wired
Coldplayer
hi sam and woot! canada! lol

i see your a pro hacky sac player :cool: very impressive stuff. you've got to have skills, ....which i dont have at that :( where can i start practicing?

scott.tet

Scottie
Coldplayer
OTTAWA

Hi im canadian and very proud to be so..... from ur nations capital ottawa..... coldplay is unbelievable and has changed my life... go habs go

scottay

chrisluver

Go Leafs Go
Coldplayer
Heyy.. I'm a proud Canadian and YES alot of Canadian music sucks but they we rock in hockey. GO LEAFS GO!!! <3

coldplay_97

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
LEAFS ??? GAHHHHH

CANUCKS BABY ! lol, our team sucks this year. and i will say that the leafs have a hell of a team