[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

jeffc418

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm the biggest advocate of seeing the world through Coldplay there is (Udine...best ten days ever), but if you want to do a trip like that then, realistically, it's best if budget just isn't an option. It was for me, and I made it work, but not after going a little over what I had originally intended :p. If you want to fly to Latin America (which would be sooo much fun, don't think I haven't priced out a trip for fun hehe), then you've got to go to Rio de Janiero. Mexico City has changed a lot over the past however many years, and realistically you just can't guarantee your safety while there. Rio de Janiero is a beautiful city, and as the location for the Olympics in 2016 or whatever, they're security is going to be top notch (even though it was probably 5x better than Mexico City to begin with).

Think of it this way: you want to take a budget trip to Mexico to see Coldplay. Budget means budget hotel. Budget hotel in Mexico near the stadium (as I was reading in the "tips" thread means shady. Not-budget hotel means far from the stadium. And realistically, you're going to want to see some sights :D. Rio is so much prettier, safer, if maybe just a little more expensive. For however many more dollars, you're paying for your safety and you're making it into an exciting trip instead of a trek with an obligation.

But that's just me :p. Rio is a lot farther from NY than I originally realized, and the airfare was out of the question for me. Sans regard, I really hope one of you guys go to the Bridge benefit!!! And if not I'm checking online every day for a Tampa date :D!!! And glad you're feeling better!

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
I'm the biggest advocate of seeing the world through Coldplay there is (Udine...best ten days ever), but if you want to do a trip like that then, realistically, it's best if budget just isn't an option. It was for me, and I made it work, but not after going a little over what I had originally intended :p. If you want to fly to Latin America (which would be sooo much fun, don't think I haven't priced out a trip for fun hehe), then you've got to go to Rio de Janiero. Mexico City has changed a lot over the past however many years, and realistically you just can't guarantee your safety while there. Rio de Janiero is a beautiful city, and as the location for the Olympics in 2016 or whatever, they're security is going to be top notch (even though it was probably 5x better than Mexico City to begin with).

Think of it this way: you want to take a budget trip to Mexico to see Coldplay. Budget means budget hotel. Budget hotel in Mexico near the stadium (as I was reading in the "tips" thread means shady. Not-budget hotel means far from the stadium. And realistically, you're going to want to see some sights :D. Rio is so much prettier, safer, if maybe just a little more expensive. For however many more dollars, you're paying for your safety and you're making it into an exciting trip instead of a trek with an obligation.

But that's just me :p. Rio is a lot farther from NY than I originally realized, and the airfare was out of the question for me. Sans regard, I really hope one of you guys go to the Bridge benefit!!! And if not I'm checking online every day for a Tampa date :D!!! And glad you're feeling better!
Yeah, but remember I'm in California - I can go to Guadalajara and back in 2 days, and we have 3 kids at home to have to arrange someone to come stay with them, etc, so it's not just money that's going to factor into it, but time. Guad. is a 3 hour non-stop flight, Rio is between 16-22 hours flight time/connections. And I'm not necessarily talking about a budget trip, just that airfare to Guad. is dirt cheap.

And we were thisclose to seeing them in Tokyo in February :( We had a connection through Tokyo on our way home from Bangkok on the first day of Saitama. We looked into changing our flights and layover time, but we would have needed more than 24 hours layover, and United counts that as a separate flight. They wanted an additional $700/person to change our flight. But how amazing would that have been to have seen them in Japan?

Nothing is definite, just looking at some options. Let's just hope they reschedule Tampa soon :)

jeffc418

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
And we were thisclose to seeing them in Tokyo in February :(
AHHHH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOOOO AMAZING :D :D :D!!! Wow that's really fantastic that you nearly had that opportunity you soooo deserve it too! Okay yeah my spacial relations between Rio and Cali in my head were a little off *glances at map above desk*. Maybe you can do Mexico City/Guad! Your husband probably speaks some Spanish because of his summer there (and you certainly may as well!), so if you can find a safe place to stay then maybe so!!! I'm just concerned about your safety :D. But absolutely shoot for the moon with these shows!!!

Yangarin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What's up with the Justin Timberlake look? :)

It is weird to see him in "normal' clothes.

So, no Tokio gig in MTV (USA)?

Sorry I got lost, I'm having problems with my hubby. ;(

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
What's up with the Justin Timberlake look? :)

It is weird to see him in "normal' clothes.

So, no Tokio gig in MTV (USA)?

Sorry I got lost, I'm having problems with my hubby. ;(
I'm sorry about the hubby Marcia. I've been married almost 21 years and we've definitely had our ups and downs. I hope things get better for you.

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
So Tracey, how do you really feel? :p

BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH

It's too much for me.................... I am going to leave this place for awhile, to gather my thoughts about who my next big hearthrob should be......... Chris, Chris, why did you do this to us???? BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH..
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p!!
BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH.
I would throw a few curse words in, but I never swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink3:

Enough about stupid shaved hair Chrissy.... Marcia hope all is well and that it's just a Man being a Man thing.... No offense Guy's on this thread:p

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer

It's too much for me.................... I am going to leave this place for awhile, to gather my thoughts about who my next big hearthrob should be......... Chris, Chris, why did you do this to us???? BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH..
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p!!
BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH.
I would throw a few curse words in, but I never swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink3:

Enough about stupid shaved hair Chrissy.... Marcia hope all is well and that it's just a Man being a Man thing.... No offense Guy's on this thread:p
Tracey, Tracey, Tracey - hair grows back.

Yangarin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks guys. Last few years things got worst; so, I'm at the point where you have to decide whether you continue fighting for the relationship or just leave...

I've been listening a lot of the romantic Coldplay songs lately...

last week was not an easy one, but I feel better now.

Yangarin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
First day of "cold" weather in Miaimi. It went all the way down to 70. I love it!

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Oh Ziggy, you made my day!!! I am just bummed out, cause The Monterrey tickets went onsale this past weekend, and I know now that Florida has been left off, I would think if they were gonna play it would have been tagged onto the end of this show:cry:

Marcia, I am in central florida and it was upper 60's during the day yesterday and today it is breezy with a high of 70, but the breeze has made it seem cooler, brrr.... our low was 49 this morning, but uppers 80's by the end of the week, I just hope halloween it's a bit cool out.

Yangarin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh Ziggy, you made my day!!! I am just bummed out, cause The Monterrey tickets went onsale this past weekend, and I know now that Florida has been left off, I would think if they were gonna play it would have been tagged onto the end of this show:cry:

Marcia, I am in central florida and it was upper 60's during the day yesterday and today it is breezy with a high of 70, but the breeze has made it seem cooler, brrr.... our low was 49 this morning, but uppers 80's by the end of the week, I just hope halloween it's a bit cool out.
:cry: Maybe the boys will surprise us at the last minute with a pop up gig in South Florida. You never know.

Today was kind of warm. I'm back to A/C :\ Last month I had a $400 electric bill (mostly A/C). Hopefully it will be cooler for Halloween.
49 is cooooold.