Cemeteries & The London Bombings...

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
Feel free to merge if this has already been done, or if you think it should be in the 'Cemeteries' thread. Does anyone else think Chris is writing about the terrorist bombings a couple of years ago?? Again, sorry if this has been posted, but look at the lyrics and the news footage, and you'll see what I mean!! I think he's done the ultimate merging of his personal and political sentiment here...Just me, or what??

MasoKnight

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer
Hmm. That's certainly an interesting perspective! Would you mind to elaborate/specify a little bit?

KaiyureBoy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Pls help me.

I have read your article and have one question to ask, would you pls Post your MSN to me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angelina Jolie Lose Weight because of serious Diabetes

Littlewhiteshadows

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't think so TBH but nice theory. The only thing I think fits is the bit in your sig, the rest...witches, victorian ghosts , God in my garden and the whole "ghost towns in the ocean" situation just don't say bombings to me! You've given me a giggle though!

viva la justin

Turning my head out.
Coldplayer
well seeing as i'm not a londoner and come from the other side of the world i feel like i dont have right to have this opinion but i really agree with Tracie. I interpret it to be a really dark song but in a subtle sorta way, and i can'treally explain why i think this? But hearing the opinion that it could be about the bombings makes sense to me cause i feel like it's a story telling song and the music is epic and kinda matches the event.
But i really dont know what I'm talking about :p

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
A really interesting theory! It could very well have been an inspiration imo (maybe even subconsciously) , but the final result sounds a lot further back in history to me. Very early 18th/19th century.

be my green eyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Feel free to merge if this has already been done, or if you think it should be in the 'Cemeteries' thread. Does anyone else think Chris is writing about the terrorist bombings a couple of years ago?? Again, sorry if this has been posted, but look at the lyrics and the news footage, and you'll see what I mean!! I think he's done the ultimate merging of his personal and political sentiment here...Just me, or what??

Yeah I have to say I was about to post the exact same thing.
Perhaps a gesture to the contrasting power and vulnerability of Britain and its capital London in the 18th/19th centuries, victorian era, and today.

Infogatherer

Come back and sing to me
Coldplayer
I don't know if it has relevance.

The song sounded more like religious works.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Is there anything in the lyrics apart from cemeteries & london that makes you think its about that particular event?

Infogatherer

Come back and sing to me
Coldplayer
That's what I mean.

Explain how those two things are relevant according to the lyrics.