Channeling Radiohead?

tyson

Professional Man of Logic
Coldplayer
Does anyone else think Chinese Sleep Chant sounds like it's directly off a Radiohead album?

Rhoo

hats are fun
Coldplayer
There's maybe a little bit of You and Whose Army? in there. Not sure that it's their most Radioheaddy song though, when you've got the whole of parachutes to draw Radiohead comparisons with.

khabra

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yea it's very Radiohead-esque. But that is understandable if you want to be the best, you've got to take the good elements from the best.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
I've always said it sounds like it could be a bit Kid A or Amnesiac sounding, and every time I've aid it people said "No! You're wrong! Coldplay's original!":dozey:

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
How it does it sound Kid A? There's nothing remotely like Chinese Sleep Chant on there...

BostonSportsTD

If you can hold on....
Coldplayer
i completelyyy disagree.

1. i dont think this song sounds like radiohead at all.
2. it DEFINATELY doesnt sound like you and whose army.
3. it wouldnt fit at allll on kid a.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
In terms of channeling Radiohead, it does seem like some of the stuff on Parachutes has the influence. High Speed, for example, makes me think of Airbag or Lucky in a vague way.

QuestionsOfScience

Bannana Juice
Coldplayer
I do see the resemblance in Chinese Sleep Chant to some Radiohead stuff, but it's hard to pinpoint one song in particular by Radiohead.
But in all, Parachutes was FAR more Radiohead-y, for instance Spies, that's pretty similar to Exit Music (For A Film).

Macintosh

Through the glory of life
Coldplayer
Haha I don't think that Chinese Sleep Chant sounds like it's directly off a Radiohead album. There are rather three other songs make me think so: BiggerStronger (Exit Music), Amsterdam (Pyramid Song) and 42 (Paranoid Android).