Charlie Brown Music Videos (Live & Studio - both videos in first post)

Gigi88

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Meh, I was expecting more. It looks like a Rihanna video.

That sexual thing at the "glowing in the dark" part doesn't really look like Coldplay AT ALL. It just... Doesn't fit.

Meh.
I had the same impression

Mylo and Xyloto kissing.
maybe they will be the main characters of other videos too

However I didn't like it too much. ETIAW music video is better in my opinion. Paradise video above all, it's too lovely. The scheme is this one:

CB great song | average video
Paradise average song | wonderful video

Yeshe

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It reminds me too much of Rhianna's We Found Love Video, which I hated. Thank God these characters didn't break out the crack pipe...I would have turned my back on CP forever.

PS: edit: The only reason I like it is that my daughter loves and identifies with the Misfits girl. And the song of course. I love the song and Chris' crazy spinning eyes...

JosephRengifo

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It reminds me too much of Rhianna's We Found Love Video, which I hated. Thank God these characters didn't break out the crack pipe...I would have turned my back on CP forever.
THIS!

I thought the same thing.

We Found Love 2.0, only without the guy that looks like Chris Brown.

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah.....At first I was like "This is cool!"
At the first kiss I was like "That's sweet"
At the bazillionth kiss I was like "Okay?!" (I started to cringe when they were on the bench)
And then at the end I was like " Am I watching We Found Love?" ( all the fireworks and firecrackers)
Overall OK video. Not the best, not the worst. I do think Rihanna is rubbing off on them a little too much though. I understand the reinvention, but I feel Coldplay is much more mature mentally and musically than all the other musicians out there.

nothingtoseehere

Meh.
Coldplayer
CRAP.

Other than looking like a Rihanna video, it also reminds me of Yoann Lemoine's videos (Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and Lana Del Rey's Born To Die. Ick).

anniea89

Not just anyone....
Coldplayer
Woah, woah, woah.... Charlie Brown is TAME compared to We Found Love. A bit of kissing- what is the big deal? It's supposed to be a romantic, happy song. Video totally fits the vibe/theme of the song.

Is it a better video than Paradise? No. But it's not bad at all.

TyM218

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was expecting more than flashing lights and people making out

JosephRengifo

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wonder what will Rihanna think when she watch a video with the same story for We Found Love and with a girl that looks exactly like her.

procrastinatingpeach

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Watching it for the first time, I was horrified at the amount of sexually suggestive content that was in the CB video. I still am, not forgetting the impression it had on me that it was trying very hard to fit into the pop formula (ie. strobe lighting, dancing in the club and putting "your hands in the air!") and it totally lacked creative vibe as compared to the previous Coldplay videos. It ruined Charlie Brown for me. :(

anniea89

Not just anyone....
Coldplayer
Can we stop that "it looks like Rihanna sthgfsdbfh" stuff ?! Its really annoying...
THIS. I seriously doubt how many people who are claiming it looks like a Rihanna video/We Found Love have actually SEEN it.

The kissing in Charlie Brown is nothing like having simulated sex in tractor (We Found Love).

austengirl

Horror Egg Walking
Coldplayer
I like what they were going for with the color scheme, but in the middle of the video, I had a moment where I said to myself, "Coldplay is performing at a rave....a RAVE?".

I had a flashback to Chris walking alone on the beach singing Yellow, and I kinda missed it. :(

nouratan

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
CRAP.

Other than looking like a Rihanna video, it also reminds me of Yoann Lemoine's videos (Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and Lana Del Rey's Born To Die. Ick).
I was expecting more than flashing lights and people making out
:nod:
i expected something better from Mat Whitecross

I wonder what will Rihanna think when she watch a video with the same story for We Found Love and with a girl that looks exactly like her.
that she might have a chance of hooking up with chris martin, he clearly is obsessed with her

DefDazz

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The key word about this video is EDITING

It's all the same throughout, sort of like Speed Of Sound but at least that video had the dark build up part before it kicked in.

Would have been better if they shots of the band in the "dark" and then the crowd scenes during the chorus parts - with the lasers and xylobands going off at the same time and wider shots showing an actual crowd as a whole. But then they did shoot it in a small pub...

The camera jumps about too much and the shots are always too tight and it never focuses on any band member for more then 1 second. The drama of the song isn't represented as it could have been. The glow effects also could have been used in a much better way, the glow bands are always out of focus.

Sadly it looks like they are just at a nightclub with a regular dancefloor laser on.

At 2:28 it looks like they are moving to a larger location, maybe the band about to appear on a stage for a big ending, then goes back to the tight shots which could have still been in the pub.

Brent

Rudy
Coldplayer
Delightfully mediocre. Nothing special about it at all. Love the song, though.

Nikola

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I CAN'T WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE/VEVO!!! :veryangry2:

Where else is it available? Can't find it on dailymotion. HELP! :sad2:

P.S. We Found Love is a good video. It's not a bad thing if it's like that.

ashleyMN28

Resident sangria lover
Coldplayer
That sexual thing at the "glowing in the dark" part doesn't really look like Coldplay AT ALL. It just... Doesn't fit.
:nod:
Gotta agree with that...that was very awkward. I'm starting to wonder what CP is doing. It's shaking my confidence as one of their long-time fans.