Chinese Sleep Chant LYRICS

black&white

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hi everyone.
i LOVE Chinese Sleep Chant. It sucks that they made it a hidden track, but anyways...
it is very hard to hear what chris is singing, so please post what u think he is saying here.

If you youtube the jimmy kimmel performance of Chinese Sleep Chant:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rq6DTEGWEYY
you can hear the lyrics way clearer than u can on the cd.

They also played it in Amsterdam:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8I54_OY3xMY&feature=related

Here's what I think based on the Kimmel performance, (but it might but different on the cd):

Go to sleep...
fall asleep...
sleep...satisfy...
sleep...satisfy...
lonley me,
fall asleep
sleep crucify,
sleep crucify,
soon...soon... (or sleep...sleep...)
sleep...
soon...soon... (or sleep...sleep...)
sleep...satisfy...
sleep...satify...
fall asleep...
fall asleep...
sleep all the time..
sleep all ______?
_______? all i see
sleep satisfy...
sleep satify....(me...)

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
The album is just verse: fall asleep x2, sleep satisfied x2 chorus: sleep x3 and then the second verse replaces satisfied with crucified.

°°°Morning°Glory°°°

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Somehow this song scares me. :D It's because of Chris' voice that's so hard to understand. Maybe that'll change, e.g. in case they play it live.

Chris's Nuts

Gigographer
Coldplayer
Well its the perfect shoegaze track. Lyrics are secondary. Thanks for taking the time though. not much there....

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
After multiple listens I'm now seeing the lyrics aren't as straight forward as I put earlier. Granted, the live versions aren't particularly reliable as there are some clear differentiations from the album lyrics, but by dint of them I'm hearing lyrics that I didn't hear before.

Here's my new guesstimation:

1st verse:

Fall asleep, fall on me

Sleep Satisfied, Sleep Satisfied

Fall asleep, fall on me

Sleep Satisfied, Sleep Satisfied

1st Chorus:

Soon! Soon! Sleep

Soon! Soon! Sleep Satisfied, Sleep Satisfied

Verse 2: Here's the tough part, now we have two voices on top of each other. I can only pick out the first voice...If anyone has some special speakers or mixing effects that can make the background more audible, I'd appreciate it as I can only pick out parts of words.

Fall asleep, fall asleep

sleep crucified, sleep crucified

fall asleep, fall asleep

sleep satisfies, sleep satisfies

(solo)

Second chorus:

Soon! Soon! soon/sleep (probably sleep)

Soon! Soon! sleep satisfied, sleep satisfied.

OnlookerDelay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Somehow this song scares me. :D It's because of Chris' voice that's so hard to understand.
I think this is intentional. My take is that the vocals are processed to sound like what voices would sound like to someone who is in an alpha state... just prior to nodding off to sleep. I don't think the song is trying to deliver a profound lyrical message, although it winds up being subject to interpretation. I didn't like it when I first heard it, but it's grown on me with repeated listening. It definitely has a hypnotic effect! :cool:

be my green eyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks, but it's not quite accurate. He says "crucified" instead "mystified" both live and on the album version. and he clearly says "soon" in the chorus.

yeah I doubt the correctness - if thats a word lol, of the lyrics, just because its just a hard track to understand.

Im positive that the start is "fall/go to sleep, try to/got to dream" or something along those lines and then the second verse (after sleep satifies x2) "fall asleep, on me"

But then again this is coldplay dont publish lyrics with their albums...they want you to derive your own meaning from what you hear.

Elyria

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I go by what I hear...that being "sleep until you're satisfied"...Could be just me. ;)

Lauve

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In the lyrics I hear sleep satisfies and sleep satisfied and also sleep crucified.. I think it coould be about so many of us listening to them last thing before sleeping .. finding yourself lying eyes wide open sometimes.
Chris said in a interview that csc is the result of the session they did under hypnose.

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
I go by what I hear...that being "sleep until you're satisfied"...Could be just me. ;)
Personally I hear 'sleeping in the summer sky' for a few lines, and other slight variations of what other people have posted here.

I don't think anyone's got the exact lyrics yet...?

Lauve

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Indeed I also believe it is a way of sharing alpha brain wave state with us. The lyrics may change as Chris feels in the shows if they do play it when they feel a trance. It may relate not only to us falling asleep on them, or to the hypnose session with Brian Eno, it may have to do with Chris sleeping pills thing (see Rolling Stone interview) or even with meditating in Yoga. It s a natural trance that you can get without "products". I am glad they did it. They have Jon Hopkins to do that kind of thing for them (perfect child of my youth electronic scape heroes like Klaus Schultz, Tangerine Dream or.. Brian Eno) and CSC is a Coldplay way of making a progressive track, the way I see it.
I really like it as I really like everything they do. I was a fan before of well I'll spare you the list, but never in 30 years of music addiction have I been so enthralled by a band, what they do and who they are.
(Well ok I may be the oldest coldplayer on this site.):smug:

kspillers2

Coldplay Traveler
Coldplayer
I might have you beat...

Indeed I also believe it is a way of sharing alpha brain wave state with us. The lyrics may change as Chris feels in the shows if they do play it when they feel a trance. It may relate not only to us falling asleep on them, or to the hypnose session with Brian Eno, it may have to do with Chris sleeping pills thing (see Rolling Stone interview) or even with meditating in Yoga. It s a natural trance that you can get without "products". I am glad they did it. They have Jon Hopkins to do that kind of thing for them (perfect child of my youth electronic scape heroes like Klaus Schultz, Tangerine Dream or.. Brian Eno) and CSC is a Coldplay way of making a progressive track, the way I see it.
I really like it as I really like everything they do. I was a fan before of well I'll spare you the list, but never in 30 years of music addiction have I been so enthralled by a band, what they do and who they are.
(Well ok I may be the oldest coldplayer on this site.):smug:
First, I'm 42 and holding ! And I haven't been this obsessed witha band either since I was 18 and saw U2 for the first time, Nice to know I'm not the only grown-up here!. P.S.....CSC is my favorite track on VLV.

Stefan8

I do know some things
Coldplayer
I hear in the second verse the second voice saying feeling sleepy ...

Mc.

42 ? Yes !
Coldplayer
Oohh ... ohh ..
Oohh ...

Fall asleep
Over me
Sleep satisfied
Sleep satisfied

Fall Asleep
Over me
Sleep satisfied
Sleep satisfied

Soon .. soon .. sleep ...
Soon .. soon .. sleep satisfied, sleep satisfied

Fall asleep, over me, sleep crusified, sleep crucified ( Down fall in a long sleep, down fall in a long sleep of the .. )
Fall asleep, over me, sleep satisfied, sleep satififed ( Down fall in a long sleep, down fall in a long sleep of the .. )

( Guitar solo )

Soon .. Soon, Sleep ...
Soon .. soon, Sleep satisfied, Sleep satisfied, oohh ...

In the album & Amsterdam Gig Version, you can hear a voice, it's Guy. And he said " Down fall in a long sleep, down fall in a long sleep of the .. ". But i'm not sure. xD

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ is it really what Guy sings when they play it live ? :uhoh: I really cant hear properly..

mountainloafers

It DOES hurt like heaven!
Coldplayer
First, I'm 42 and holding ! And I haven't been this obsessed witha band either since I was 18 and saw U2 for the first time, Nice to know I'm not the only grown-up here!. P.S.....CSC is my favorite track on VLV.
I love this track too. Although its isnt my favorite its about 3rd of 4th. I feel its terribly underated by many of the fans. I hope over time that people might start to hear it through our ears...

squareonefivesix

chewing on monkey brains
Coldplayer
Sounds like "falling down..." to me - guess we'll have to wait til the stick the lyrics up on coldplay.com

EDIT:

Just listened to some of the live vids on youtube, in the name of research :) Sounds like "Fall down asleep, fall down sleep deep" but it's really hard to make it out.

But I got to say..I don't really care what he's singing..it sounds SO f*cking sexy..I think I need a lie down now ;)