Chris hangs up on The Bert Show...then calls back

LoverInJapan

J
Coldplayer
Having heard this whole thing, I felt like he was really about to lose it. It was more of a stress thing. I think he really wanted to avoid saying anything he would regret and ended up hanging up instead. I don't think it's the wisest thing to do but we don't really know what his frame of mind was so I can't really blame him.
It's just a bit sad to see this kind of stuff happening :(

Destrokk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I´m going to accept that fact that he was being kind of an asshole.

But still I love him :phu: votemeforbiggestchrisfan

coldplaymom

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Well, if they ask 4 questions about Gwyneth, I'm not surprised...
This!
Both CBS and Colbert were very respectful. They didn't dwell too much on his personal life. These people asked 4 questions about his wife? And the guy claims he did research beforehand? Was he there to talk about the new album or his wife?

iluvjonnyboy

nautical disaster
Coldplayer
Gawd, I would hate to have every word I say/move I make scrutinized by fans and haters alike! I would be in the looney bin!!! No wonder Chris stays away from the internet:dizzy2:

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
I don't know why but I feel sorry for Chris Martin. Really sorry for him. For sure he's got it all it may appear but he's human at the end of the day and even though he said those things to the Daily Mail and CBS about his wife it's so obvious that he'd prefer not to.

Those people asking the questions should know better than to ask questions as stupid as "do you and Gwyneth have singing competitions around the house'. Arseholes.

I think the peeps on this show were snarky!!! I felt like they as interviewers who
"did research" KNEW fucking well what they were doing, 3/4 questions about G thrown at him at once, when he is there to promote their album. "Yeah" I'm sticking up him!!!!:D

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
Aww he's not acting like a child, he's acting like a guy under a lot of pressure. No, he shouldn't have done it, but haven't you ever snapped ever? I know I have.
Of course! But at this point, if we know he's bound to get those stupid questions asked he should be aware of it to the point of having something to go back to, as Chelsea said, "no comments" probably would've made a smaller mess than hanging up the phone. Then again, from the comments of the interviewer, he sounds to me like he was trying to push a subject he knew was off limits :shrug:

nothingtoseehere

Meh.
Coldplayer
That was a stupid question in the first place anyway. '...but she sort of has to say that, right?' I mean, wuuut? They said they threw a few other questions about G other than that one, so I get why he'd be uncomfortable. Plus, he seems to look really tired these days, so that exhaustion might have affected him in the interview...

I don't like how the interviews are now playing it up like they did nothing wrong, trying to make it seem as if Chris was just being unreasonable/diva-ish/paranoid, etc. If they did their research like they said they did, then they would've known he doesn't like being asked those types of questions.

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Who know what number interview of the day this was. And each person that speaks to him is , I am sure, told not to ask questions about his family. And each one of them does it any way. And it builds and builds until he snaps. I waiting for the day he beats the living shit out of one of them.

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
He's come close, as we know, with photographers at least. I can't imagine that pressure, really, and that's why I feel bad for him. I just hope he never does it on a live talkshow or something where the media would really pick up on it and he'd never hear the end of it.

zzz

Brilliant!
Coldplayer
The fact that Bert thinks he actually asked a question puzzles me, it wasn't even a question, more like a statement. What kind of answer was he even expecting.

It speaks for Chris he even called back.

Connor!42!

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well i applaud him for getting this far. If i was Chris i would have gotten pissed off along time ago. I mean, I watched an Australian interview just last Friday and the reporter asked him about Gwyneth around 2 times, then he started asking questions about things that happened years a go and then he asked this..."When you started the band 14 years ago did you ever think you would get this far?".....CP being one of the worlds biggest bands, i couldn't imagine how many times he's been asked that. I would have said "You couldn't come up with a more original question?"

Pink

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've been intrigued by the mentioning of Gwyneth & family recently. In fact, I am convinced it was a calculated decision on Chris's part to allow it. My theory (which could be total bonk) is that he was talked into it by his publicist to help counter all the breakup rumors that are always floating around. Obviously, even though small family references seem to be OK these days, Chris is still very uncomfortable with them. It seems like he just needed time to compose himself.

He's under enormous pressure & it has been stated many times that he can be moody and volatile. I think he manages to hold it together remarkably well. Thank goodness this didn't happen on The Today Show or 60 Minutes. "The Bert Show?" I mean, really...

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Of course! But at this point, if we know he's bound to get those stupid questions asked he should be aware of it to the point of having something to go back to, as Chelsea said, "no comments" probably would've made a smaller mess than hanging up the phone. Then again, from the comments of the interviewer, he sounds to me like he was trying to push a subject he knew was off limits :shrug:
But maybe he thought 'if I don't hang up I'm gonna say something that will really get me into trouble' the fact that he called back shows maturity, I think. Or at least recognition that he knows he shouldn't have done it. I know I'd be too cowardly to call back if it were me :lol:

teernabh5

Strawberry Swinger
Coldplayer
Why the hell cant he react in a nice manner and deflect the questions! I mean he is so humble normally , but why does he become a brat like sean penn when his wife comes up!

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Why the hell cant he react in a nice manner and deflect the questions! I mean he is so humble normally , but why does he become a brat like sean penn when his wife comes up!
Because he is human. Don't we all have something we'd rather not talk about or discuss? Chris, unlike a lot of other celebrities, does wear his heart on his sleeve so he genuinely gets upset or uncomfortable when asked questions about his wife. The reason for this only he knows, but journalists should respect his unwillingness to discuss Gwyneth. He has been so good handling the odd question about her lately, but 4 questions is pushing it by anyone's standards. Chris is actually incredibly lovely and available in all interviews, so why pestering him with the one subject he 'd rather not talk about? I'd say the interviewer knew what he was doing and was looking for some drama

soss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If the interviewer had left it at one question he would probably have passed it off - but 3 or 4 is really pushing it. Heck Chris probably thought he was there to talk about Mylo Xyloto!!!!

IMO it's not that big a deal the radio show is just pushing it for their own benefit. I think that up til now Chris has handled it good naturedly, a few years ago it would have been different.

ColdplayFanatic16

Kelly D.
Coldplayer
They clearly pushed it too far. I mean, they're supposed to talk about music, but they end up talking about his personal life?! I feel sooo bad for him! It's like being asked a question you don't wanna talk about..

turin990

swallowed in the sea
Coldplayer
i think something is weird about him and gwyneth, who knows what. i feel sorry for him i think he might be rather depressed :(