CM's voice on Atlas

Texas Rez

One little victory.
Coldplayer
It is a tad deeper, I've noticed. Nonetheless, Chris' singing still proves superb. :nod:

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I'm so loving the ''Show me the way , Lord, Because I '' part. His voice is so low and deep there .

James.

(Nice Title)
Coldplayer
It's like the beginning of MTM, but even more epic :awesome:

Pink

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think this is some of his best vocals in years.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
The particular production on his voice also makes it sound a bit drier / less reverby than it might be on a song like Charlie Brown or Paradise.

Will's voice sounds superb doesn't it? :D

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
The particular production on his voice also makes it sound a bit drier / less reverby than it might be on a song like Charlie Brown or Paradise.

Will's voice sounds superb doesn't it? :D

I agree. I really like when Chris is singing in the low register.

Yes, Will's voice IS superb. It would be nice to hear more of him.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Yeah, very reminiscent of Moving to Mars, definitely. I don't think he aced the only live performance of the song at iTunes festival (if you only take into account his voice), but for Atlas I feel he could deliver a great live performance. :nod:

Written In Graffiti

Missing The Mark
Coldplayer
Yes; Moving to Mars; Atlas - it's true that Chris' voice truly is spectacular in a lower register. It just has a very emotive timbre to it; you can feel the angst, the threat, and the confusion in his voice. I'm glad he doesn't over-use it, though.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
I think Chris also did the background vocals. Not Will
No I'm pretty sure it's Will. The voice sounds different from Chris' one. And Will often does the background vocals.

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer
he sounds like he had smoked 1-2 packet cigarettes and then recorded atlas :lol:
i hope someone upload acapella version of Atlas, i'd like to hear only his voice also :wacky:

MidnightSpies

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Artists (everyone actually) get a lower/deeper voice when they get older.. His voice is more beautiful in the low register now, because of that.

DieProspekt

Frank
Coldplayer
The first time he say's "We're about to explode"- I love the way he ends 'explode' in that deep register. "Explodeeeeee". He did the same in Moving to Mars "Eight to nine, nine to tennnnnn"

Great stuff.