Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Has any band in the world ever gone from this good

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar48yzjn1PE"]YouTube - ‪Sparks - Coldplay‬‏[/ame]

to this bad?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf_6BWcOOg"]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Official)‬‏[/ame]

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
I also wanna change the icon for this thread to the Yossarian style angryface. Please?

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Thank you Alexa. A mod changed it for me once so I assumed it wasn't possible for us underlings.

/n00b

lucyb

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Ah come on. I think you are being a bit harsh. Why dont you like it? I really love it.

Saffire

Classically liberal.
Coldplayer
When I listen to music, I look for bands that can write songs that I don't think I'd be capable of writing if I put 100% of my effort into it. I want to hear bridges and choruses that make me think, "wow, I never thought of that... these are professionals".

I could have written this song. No problem.

thingsidontunderstand

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am a huge fan and love this band. This song has weakest lyrics of any they've done.. name one....a whisper... nappies song i think not

I hope for the great lyrics chris once capture with the scientist or even recently with spanish rain. No one should love this song. You can like it but look at their past before blindly accepting this song. I will say it was good that coldplaying issued some comments from people who didn't go crazy for it. To be a true coldplay fan is to remain impartial and open. I've written songs and I know that criticism is tough but that doesn't mean you're hating on anyone. It means a genius like chris has been amazing in the past (many times ) and this outing was weak. Correct the problem and do what we all believe you can. MAKE HIT MEANINGFUL SONGS.

Saffire

Classically liberal.
Coldplayer
That's another very odd thing here... what's with the meaningless lyrics now?

Imagine you've got the world's loudest bullhorn and you can yell messages to millions of people! What would you say?

Come on, Chris.

Saffire

Classically liberal.
Coldplayer
Not anymore! Rush of Blood days were his best in terms of looks :p

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Showing Sparks and then the newest single is totally unfair...You forget all the beauty in between! That said, I am still not crazy about the new single. Maybe it´s not my style, but I also think the song is too simplistic compared to previous materials.

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
Has any band in the world ever gone from this good

to this bad?
Well not to burst your bubble but

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spkVX8z-vs"]YouTube - ‪Only in Dreams By: Weezer‬‏[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nKNhNifp6M"]YouTube - ‪Weezer ft. Lil Wayne - Can't Stop Partying [Video With Lyrics]‬‏[/ame]

Rooster212

Computer Ninja
Coldplayer
I completely agree that the difference between the old and the new style is huge, however I do like the new song. I think it is more like VLV more than any other album, which i do happen to like... :D

but i do like the direction the music is taking, even though it may be different - every band changes style slightly, i mean look at Radiohead (who i also really like)... i would have loved another older style of album but still, not complaining!

jknc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My Gosh....obviously some of you need to go listen to arias or Bach and Beethoven.
This is pop music and not stimulating enough for your highly advanced brain functions.