Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

footyfan10

The Scientist
Coldplayer
These threads are ridiculous. People need to realize who the band are is who they are. If they're playing a style of music now you don't like, don't listen. But Coldplay is Coldplay as they have always been Coldplay. I really don't know why people can't get over this...?

And I say that because there have been plenty of bands I once listened to who I loved stuff they did and then I hated or was just neutral about their new stuff. Why do you have to all go on about it? Bands change. Depending on your perspective some get better some get worse.

Some people need to go to grief counseling or something because it's slightly ridiculous.

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
These threads are ridiculous. People need to realize who the band are is who they are. If they're playing a style of music now you don't like, don't listen. But Coldplay is Coldplay as they have always been Coldplay. I really don't know why people can't get over this...?

And I say that because there have been plenty of bands I once listened to who I loved stuff they did and then I hated or was just neutral about their new stuff. Why do you have to all go on about it? Bands change. Depending on your perspective some get better some get worse.

Some people need to go to grief counseling or something because it's slightly ridiculous.
AMEN

Coldplay3277

"Love, Dont Let Me Go"
Coldplayer
Coldplay always has been and always will be a pop rock band. Parachutes, whether you want to admit it or not is a pop rock album. It's not the bubblegum crap that is Katy Perry or Lady Gaga, but it is pop rock.
uhhhh fuck no, they are Alt. Rock, Coldplay has listed themselves under that genre, if they listed Pop Rock then okay but no Alt. Rock

TwistedPolitik

Earthling
Coldplayer
Based off what we've heard i'd be more inclined to say that MX is probably the closest to rock that they have been yet. More guitar heavy, faster beats and melodies. Yellow is the only thing really close to being rock on Parachutes.
Oh dear...

amir.mohit

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
These threads are ridiculous. People need to realize who the band are is who they are. If they're playing a style of music....
these are not definitely ridiculous but

yeah, tired of these moanings about etiaw, come on boys,
it's not that bad, if yo just WANT to love it and start dancing...:shifty:
Sparks is really great but ETIAW is not rubbish...

john_crawford44

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It's an anthem - no doubt. It's catchy, fun, poppy and light. It's epic. It's a great video. And that is both good and bad. I think this song was written for a number of reasons. For one, Coldplay wanted to write a summer anthem. Secondly, Coldplay wants to not be known as a sappy band who write depressing songs. Thirdly, Coldplay wants to write a song that transcends languages and countries. And it works. The only problem is that they get in their own way sometimes.

First off, maybe I'm off base, but the one thing I don't like is how the title gets in the way of the song. I guess it's too happy to be titled "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" for me. Also, it feels like they forced the title into the song at the end. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb for me towards the end, and I don't know why. The formula works in theory but it's a poppy song with a ballad title. It reminds me, in a weird way, of when I heard "Jump" by Van Halen as a kid (I know, a stretch). I liked it, but it was such a leap (pardon the pun) that it never was a song I disliked - but it also never was one I really LOVED. And at least "Jump" was appropriately titled. I feel like Chris Martin wanted to name a song "ETIAW" and found a place to sneak it in. Am I off base here?

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
The song is...meh, it's not anything to brag about but the title of the thread is definitely exaggerated.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Hope someone just kicks you out of the forum or something! Every teardrop Is A Waterfall is a great song and everyone should agree.
Fahaha

Josh, come back to thread! This one sounds fun to debate with. Fufufu.

LoryABjerre

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
guys are just sick because Chris has sung this song.
Chris to be sick maybe.
I just have a lips stick and feathers to go dancer :dozey:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Rt6SRL7ug"]EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL (COLDPLAY) COVER By MEETING POINT IN A CAR - YouTube[/ame]

sweety_doe

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Okay I read almost all of your comments, some made ma laugh really hard!

First I'm of the opinion, like many, (and unlike many othrs^^) that ETIAW is a really big disappointment from what I expected of Coldplay, just a catchy pop song with a colorful (euphemism much? :p) clip and oh miracle everyone is happy!
So yeah I'm sorry, but this song, definitely a big joke IMO! :confused:

And if the band continues on this road to destruction, I'll just have to stick with the first three albums and try to ignore I've ever heard of those new songs! :(

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Bands need to change or they get old and not really enjoyable. I can see why some people don't like Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, but I'd rather have something new and fresh, as this song, than just another Parachutes or AROBTTH song every 3 years. If you want to listen to something like Sparks again you can always take the CD/MP3 and put it to play. ;)

Milfeulle30

Is sequential.
Coldplayer
I just want to leave my opinion about Coldplay's new album. xD I've heard and know their previous songs and the first time I heard ETIAW, I was like "what??" but eventually I liked it as it still has the Coldplay signature (it reminds me of Strawberry swing xD) then came Major Minus w/c even how many times I listen, I still don't like it. :(
But you just can't please everyone all the time.

CPfan995

CrestsofWaves
Coldplayer
Well, it did take me a few tries, but after I listened for a bit, I really like ETIAW, Major Minus I enjoyed immediately. I can see the downsides to both, but I do like that Coldplay is trying to expand yet stick to their roots.

Destrokk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think that song is bad, the rest of the album sounds pretty bad I'm worried now. But I guess they wouldn't get something so amazing after such a succesful album.

purplemonkeyz232

the original cK (Sheila)
Coldplayer
I honestly don't think the song is that bad! Is it my favorite? Absolutely not. But, is it bad? No! Some songs are written to be thought provoking or tear jerking or love inducing. Some songs are stories where the singer is the narrator or the character. This just happens to be a song that was written for one thing....fun! I LOVE coldplay! (Of course! I'm on the fansite, aren't I?) and I love parachutes, and a lot of the B-sides (how you see the world, I ran away, etc.) and I appreciate their thought provoking music and their beautiful lyrics. But, sometimes, you just have to drop everything, let your hair down, and simply enjoy the music. Not for the words or the technicalities, but simply the music as a whole. That just happens to be what ETIAW is.