Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

serenade-of-sound

I can hear it coming...
Coldplayer
I think that song is bad, the rest of the album sounds pretty bad I'm worried now. But I guess they wouldn't get something so amazing after such a succesful album.
I think the title of this thread is hilariously overstated, but I also think ETIAW is quite bad.... and I haven't liked anything else I've heard either.

And this is coming from someone whose favorite album is Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends. I also love A Spell A Rebel Yell (gasp!), which has this odd sound quality that I hear echoes of here and makes me think I should love ETIAW but I don't. At all. And so like you I'm kind of worried.

But to be fair, I didn't like X&Y when I first heard it either. Thought it sounded too "outer spacey" but now I love it, so who knows?

Kiame

الى السماء
Coldplayer
This song changed my life. It completely inspires me every single time I listen to it. It grounds me, it makes me happy and it acknowledges my belief in myself. It is without a doubt my favourite song I have ever heard and it elevates me.

And yet to others it is the worst thing Coldplay has ever done.

And yeah, I've adored Coldplay since 'Chutes.

Sorry for sounding like a dweeb. It's just interesting to see how different people are.

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
When I first saw this thread I thought the OP was being completely over-dramatic. But having heard Paradise and the news Rihanna is on PoC, I'm willing to re-evaluate my opinion on this. It's all rather depressing.

O

Osaka Sun

When I first saw this thread I thought the OP was being completely over-dramatic. But having heard Paradise and the news Rihanna is on PoC, I'm willing to re-evaluate my opinion on this. It's all rather depressing.
+100000000000000

Can't say it any better.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nT513b6zc"]Coldplay - A whisper (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Memories. :\

Clark

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In the film The Change-Up, ETIAW soundtracks Ryan Reynolds having a poo.

Alien Radio

Fran
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWIb9ZWHeY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWIb9ZWHeY[/ame]
Does the intro remind you on something? :wink3:

ellendianelopo

Bucklander/:jonnyhug:
Coldplayer
These threads are ridiculous. People need to realize who the band are is who they are. If they're playing a style of music now you don't like, don't listen. But Coldplay is Coldplay as they have always been Coldplay. I really don't know why people can't get over this...?

And I say that because there have been plenty of bands I once listened to who I loved stuff they did and then I hated or was just neutral about their new stuff. Why do you have to all go on about it? Bands change. Depending on your perspective some get better some get worse.

Some people need to go to grief counseling or something because it's slightly ridiculous.
this.

Lobabe

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Here's how i see it.

Just looking at the video stills from the first 2 youtube videos posted ...i realize how the artwork from parachutes ..to the artwork to MX...points to exactly how the music has changed

you have the parachute era simplicity. a globe surrounded by darkness.
everything stripped down to the bare necessities. very raw and gorgeous.

To the very chaotic colors of MX. layers and layers. sometimes coming together very nicely...sometimes not.

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Bands change, if you don't like it, ok. Maybe one day they change to something you like, up to now I like all the "coldplays".

Revolverwin

Champion of the World
Coldplayer
Bands change, if you don't like it, ok. Maybe one day they change to something you like, up to now I like all the "coldplays".
honestly speaking, Mylo Xyloto is probably one of the greatest albums they have recorded.

Thank you COLDPLAY for your stunning music!!!

sirajlyons

Mylo Xyloto
Coldplayer
Seriously! Every band changes! Even though they will be damned if they did and damned if they didn't. And you're seriously judging a song by its lyrics, you gotta be kidden me. Theres another part of a song thats important, beats! So you guys wanna be depressed because obviously you hate happy songs :angry:

Ms Magpie

oh it's nothing special
Coldplayer
Seriously! Every band changes! Even though they will be damned if they did and damned if they didn't. And you're seriously judging a song by its lyrics, you gotta be kidden me. Theres another part of a song thats important, beats! So you guys wanna be depressed because obviously you hate happy songs :angry:
sigged