Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coldplay: Life in Technicolor by Debs Wild (book out on 4 October)

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Last edited:

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
As a guys who is allways searching for behind the scenes and the interviews about the creative process, this is exelent.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I thought it might be something like this (*mild punning*) and I'm not disappointed. The live album / documentary is basically a mythical creature I'll be surprised ever materializes.

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
As a guys who is allways searching for behind the scenes and the interviews about the creative process, this is exelent.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk
Was just thinking about this recently too. Of all the interviews and Coldplay material I've indulged in, we really don't get much insight into the creative process. If I could have one thing from the band (other than brilliant new music) it would be hours of footage of the band writing/recording+ especially their time in the studio with Brian Eno.

Just watched the VH1 Storytellers episode of the band during the X&Y era which had some interesting insight from the band (had just discovered this, so it was a pleasant surprise!)

For those who haven't seen and are interested in some song background and great performances of early hits, this is worth a watch.

pansonic

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Is 'Waiting' an earlier name for 'Shiver'? If not, there's a new (old) song we will never get to hear. :):):):D

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Is 'Waiting' an earlier name for 'Shiver'? If not, there's a new (old) song we will never get to hear. :):):):D
Since Shiver is also on that list, I think it could refer to what would eventually become Parachutes ("here I am and I wait in line")

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer
I think Waiting is short for Waiting In Line which was the name of a previous version of the track Parachutes and also a working title for Coldplay's first LP.

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Was just thinking about this recently too. Of all the interviews and Coldplay material I've indulged in, we really don't get much insight into the creative process. If I could have one thing from the band (other than brilliant new music) it would be hours of footage of the band writing/recording+ especially their time in the studio with Brian Eno.

Just watched the VH1 Storytellers episode of the band during the X&Y era which had some interesting insight from the band (had just discovered this, so it was a pleasant surprise!)

For those who haven't seen and are interested in some song background and great performances of early hits, this is worth a watch.

That's great! Why have I never seen this ????? Thanks.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The first print edition of Guy's Road Rat magazine also silently got delayed from July to September.
At least Debs let us know about the delay immediately instead of quietly letting the deadline pass in the hopes that no one would notice, so it isn't quite a Kaleidoscope EP ;)

But I feel there is a curse lying on every member of this band AND their entourage that prevents them from ever releasing something on time :joy:

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
At least Debs let us know about the delay immediately instead of quietly letting the deadline pass in the hopes that no one would notice, so it isn't quite a Kaleidoscope EP ;)
oh god I had forgotten about that mess

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm Excited!

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Awwwee this is wonderful, she is lovely!

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
I wish I wasn't broke so I could get this but maybe before end of year if things go well

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Received mine ( not a signed one ) really early from Carlton Books - read it - it's great !