= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Major Cooper

Look How They Shine For You...
Coldplayer
Here’s the In my Place Promo and its picture as featured in the mag...! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
And then, the Clocks counterpart of that promo (not featured in the mag), which is just equally amazing.

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
More of the rare discs that were featured in the mag...

(The one below is a very rare french x&y promo. I’ve only seen it once in all my years of collecting.)

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
Hello everyone! My first post after another long hiatus. Yes. This promo is legit. [emoji4]
The other neat thing about it is that it is also featured in the Record Collector’s magazine where Coldplay was featured. That mag has an extensive list of Coldplay releases up to that specific era when the mag was released anyway. They also included/featured few cds that may as well be bootleg - being that they were released from the common countries that we all know are notorious for making greatest hits and compilation albums.

BTW, do you happen to have the magazine you're talking about? I want to see the reference for the promo I have! :p

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Here are a couple of Coldplay Flexi discs /Postcards.
I’m not a proponent of bootlegs, but they do look good. Sounds okay too. This may be the next project of the ever so resourceful scammers.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I’m not a proponent of bootlegs, but they do look good. Sounds okay too. This may be the next project of the ever so resourceful scammers.

I thought those weren't made anymore! Cool!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

Wow, what are these ? Are these postcards made of vinyl ?

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Wow, what are these ? Are these postcards made of vinyl ?
Hi, @iranaway! Yes... but not of a regular thick vinyl. Just a flexible vinyl sheet. See below:

The Beatles used to release/giveaway flexi-discs to members of their fan club every Christmas from ‘63 through 69.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer

What songs do they have?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hi, @iranaway! Yes... but not of a regular thick vinyl. Just a flexible vinyl sheet. See below:

The Beatles used to release/giveaway flexi-discs to members of their fan club every Christmas from ‘63 through 69.

Wow, didn't even know this medium exists ! Like MarckozZ I'm also curious as to what songs are on them now :D

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Wow, didn't even know this medium exists ! Like MarckozZ I'm also curious as to what songs are on them now :D
This is in reply to both... :) One has Shiver, and the other - Trouble.

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
FYI Collectors: ebay’s Cagamandurrio is now Bexooooo

SAMSON 13

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi i'm new on here i just bought a large collection of Coldplay cd's from the paperwork it looks like the original owner was a distributer for various record companies.
Most the CD's are promo cd's
There's Japanese releases that i cant find online anywhere, there's live recording from studio sessions
There's stuff was sent to radio stations only etc etc the list goes on and on loads of really rare stuff
Ideally i'd like to sell it all as a job lot to a collector, I hate ebay so would rather not go down that route if possible.
Before a take the time to photograph and get details of all the cd's i just wondered if anyone on here was interested?
I've found some of them on discogs but about half just arnt on there!

Shoeboxlady

Coldplay Lady
Coldplayer
Hi i'm new on here i just bought a large collection of Coldplay cd's from the paperwork it looks like the original owner was a distributer for various record companies.
There's Japanese releases that i cant find online anywhere, there's live recording from studio sessions
There's stuff was sent to radio stations only etc etc the list goes on and on loads of really rare stuff
Ideally i'd like to sell it all as a job lot to a collector, I hate ebay so would rather not go down that route if possible.
Before a take the time to photograph and get details of all the cd's i just wondered if anyone on here was interested?
Hi - sounds interesting but depends on what you have the price you are looking for. If reasonable it may be that some Coldplayers would be interested.

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I think we need to see first what you have! ;)