= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Major Cooper

Look How They Shine For You...
Coldplayer
I'm looking for rips of this CD that's currently being sold on eBay please
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coldplay-THE-ONE-l-LOVE-Promo-CD-Demo-Version-UnreIeased-/233109565470
Note that the track is supposedly “One I Love”. This one is “The One I Love”.
Bootleggers are really in full force now with their fake acetate/cdr promos.
They were probably thinking (& singing) R.E.M.’s song when they were printing.... Ooops...! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Note that the track is supposedly “One I Love”. This one is “The One I Love”.
Bootleggers are really in full force now with their fake acetate/cdr promos.
They were probably thinking (& singing) R.E.M.’s song when they were printing.... Ooops...! Lol!
Did you listen to the audio clip on the listing? It's DEFINITELY the Coldplay song. There's even an extract of the acapella https://dbr.ee/XJSY It might be the working title

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Did you listen to the audio clip on the listing? It's DEFINITELY the Coldplay song. There's even an extract of the acapella https://dbr.ee/XJSY It might be the working title
It is definitely the Coldplay song. I was joking when I mentioned about R.E.M.
Just like the bootleg acetates/cdrs that have swamped ebay, discogs, etc. (they have slowed down since most of us stopped buying them), these professional bootleggers have a way to extract files from a track. Then they burn the files on a disc. There are certain details that collectors have to pay close attention with.
I have been a collector for a long time now, and it gets easier to spot the fake ones from experience.
Unfortunately, you really can’t trust acetates/cdrs now.
But still, if it’s something that you’d enjoy, then it will be all worth it for you. And personally, that’s all that matters. [emoji1308][emoji1303]

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just like the bootleg acetates/cdrs that have swamped ebay, discogs, etc. (they have slowed down since most of us stopped buying them), these professional bootleggers have a way to extract files from a track. Then they burn the files on a disc. There are certain details that collectors have to pay close attention with.
I have been a collector for a long time now, and it gets easier to spot the fake ones from experience.
But still, if it’s something that you’d enjoy, then it will be all worth it for you. And personally, that’s all that matters. [emoji1308][emoji1303]
So is this also a bootleg? I don't understand because I can't find the demo anywhere.

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
it definitely looks fake, so is the audio? Because it sounds like Chris to me specially on the acapella
It is Chris. It is a legitimate Coldplay track. Bootlegs doesn’t only have to be that the track is not of the original artist. It also means that the cd is not a legitimate promo from the recording company. That they are actually just created by people (bootleggers) that want to earn a buck or two from others. They will use original materials from artists, re-package them as a promo, and then sell.
Like what @RealRece just said, that promo cd is 100% fake.
So, if someone sells you a Coldplay cd with the track “The One I Love”, invest your money on something else. [emoji1305][emoji2937][emoji2532]

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It is Chris. It is a legitimate Coldplay track. Bootlegs doesn’t only have to be that the track is not of the original artist. It also means that the cd is not a legitimate promo from the recording company. That they are actually just created by people (bootleggers) that want to earn a buck or two from others. They will use original materials from artists, re-package them as a promo, and then sell.
Like what @RealRece just said, that promo cd is 100% fake.
So, if someone sells you a Coldplay cd with the track “The One I Love”, invest your money on something else. [emoji1305][emoji2937][emoji2532]
thanks for clarifying. I hope someone shares the audio

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
thanks for clarifying. I hope someone shares the audio
No worries. Just helping out fellow enthusiasts and collectors to not be scammed. And yes, it’s always nice to enjoy any clip from the band...!

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
OMG Never heard those lyrics before man!!! So different from the original One I Love song!!!!!!!! Sounds like it is an early version of it!!! :O I'm amazed!!!!!! If someone has this track... PLESE SHARE IT!!!!!

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer

Man, you don't sound surprised at all, am I wrong or is it that the lyrics are totally different from the One I Love we already know??? It even appears to have a different ending and lyrics!!! :/

The seller says:

A rare 4-track internal sampler of the B-side THE ONE l LOVE by COLDPLAY
Includes a previously unreleased version of the song with:
alternate lyrics (or extra verses), different intro (guitar solo) and an instrumental outro that was intended to connect with another track.
Length of the demo is 5:20'' while the released version on 'In My Place' single is 4:35''

In fact,it has alternative lyrics!!!!

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Man, you don't sound surprised at all, am I wrong or is it that the lyrics are totally different from the One I Love we already know??? It even appears to have a different ending and lyrics!!! :/

The seller says:

A rare 4-track internal sampler of the B-side THE ONE l LOVE by COLDPLAY
Includes a previously unreleased version of the song with:
alternate lyrics (or extra verses), different intro (guitar solo) and an instrumental outro that was intended to connect with another track.
Length of the demo is 5:20'' while the released version on 'In My Place' single is 4:35''

In fact,it has alternative lyrics!!!!
I do see myself wanting to hear the track, because it’s different from the one that we are all familiar with. I was actually replying more on a collector’s standpoint with my previous entries. I just won’t invest on it for the hundreds of dollars that the seller wants, especially with the signs that it is not a genuine promotional cd. Not because it’s an unconventional track makes the cd a promo from the recording company. But yes, the differences in the track makes it worth hearing.

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I do see myself wanting to hear the track, because it’s different from the one that we are all familiar with. I was actually replying more on a collector’s standpoint with my previous entries. I just won’t invest on it for the hundreds of dollars that the seller wants, especially with the signs that it is not a genuine promotional cd. Not because it’s an unconventional track makes the cd a promo from the recording company. But yes, the differences in the track makes it worth hearing.
I contacted the seller and he claims it's not an actual promo that was distributed to radio stations, he said its an internal Cd. What does this mean? No clue.
He also mentioned there's more from the band but didn't say what exactly.

Last edited:

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I contacted the seller and he claims it's not an actual promo that was distributed to radio stations, he said its an internal Cd. What does this mean? No clue.
Internal CD is a disc they burn just to make someone listen to what they're working on (demos, unmastered songs, early recordings), maybe to handle it to producers, managers and so on, people that work with them as part of the team on the record label. And this seems to be the case, I can't say if that's a fake, but the audio, how the song sounds and the fact that it has the instrumental and an isolated vocal track of a version I've never heard before, make me think that at least the content on that CD is legit!

Major Cooper

Coldplayer
Okay. I am actually a person that has no issue retracting a statement if I did make a premature judgment. In this case, with your further research (thanks for that) about this cd being an internal cd, I can’t really fully assume that this is 100% fake. Like any other case of acetate/cdr (discs), we buy them at our own risk. So it is fair to say that this may actually be genuine, and the reason why the title is off - is because it was produced at an early stage of the recording, which is why the cd isn’t a promo, but an internal cd instead. So, there you go. If you have the means to buy it at the price it is being sold, kudos to you! If you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.[emoji1308][emoji1303]

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Did anyone of you guys buy this ?
I'm dying to hear it :(

CLAUDES

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Who has to be the fool, after saying a thousand times that these CDs are fakes...

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Who has to be the fool, after saying a thousand times that these CDs are fakes...
Actually, you should read this:
Okay. I am actually a person that has no issue retracting a statement if I did make a premature judgment. In this case, with your further research (thanks for that) about this cd being an internal cd, I can’t really fully assume that this is 100% fake. Like any other case of acetate/cdr (discs), we buy them at our own risk. So it is fair to say that this may actually be genuine, and the reason why the title is off - is because it was produced at an early stage of the recording, which is why the cd isn’t a promo, but an internal cd instead. So, there you go. If you have the means to buy it at the price it is being sold, kudos to you! If you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters.[emoji1308][emoji1303]

systane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
ebay seller just sent me these download links to share. The buyer said he sold them to cagamandurrio and he didn't know because he's using a new name (lauraserra2000). So he decided to share audio rips to all Coldplay fans to avoid cagamandurrio from selling them!!!

Yellow Demo CD (Lossless):
https://dbr.ee/VYTG

The One I Love CD (Lossless):
https://dbr.ee/TRQT