Coldplay setlist cull - Which songs need 'a rest'?

Jack Bauer

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Songs that need to go:
Clocks
Paradise
Fix You
Viva la Vida

Songs that need to show up:
White Shadows
What If
Talk
Low
Swallowed in the Sea
X&Y
Lhuna
Death and All his Friends
Politik
Life in Technicolor ii
Rainy Day
Glass of Water
Shiver
Trouble
We Never Change

Adam94

Going nowhere fast...
Coldplayer
Songs that need to go:
Clocks
Paradise
Fix You
Viva la Vida

Songs that need to show up:
White Shadows
What If
Talk
Low
Swallowed in the Sea
X&Y
Lhuna
Death and All his Friends
Politik
Life in Technicolor ii
Rainy Day
Glass of Water
Shiver
Trouble
We Never Change
Would love to see Glass of Water come back, I loved it live.

RhysBP

Major Minus
Coldplayer
I think a good game plan would be to play Ghost Stories in its entirety and include around 3-5 older songs.

Having said that, I would love to hear the following songs come back...

Politik
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Daylight
Square One
Speed Of Sound
Life In Technicolor ii
Cemeteries Of London
Lovers In Japan
Strawberry Swing
Major Minus

A good set list would be...

Always In My Head
Magic
Ink
Clocks
Another's Arms
Lovers In Japan
Midnight
The Scientist
True Love
Charlie Brown
Paradise
~ENCORE~
Oceans
A Sky Full Of Stars
O

amljbono

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face has to go along with Paradise (or any track from MX). Would like to hear more songs from the Viva La Vida Era (Glass of Water, 42 or Life In Technicolor ii to name just a few).

Viva La Vida and Fix you are gonna stay in the set. It would be like going to a U2 concert and not hearing Where The Streets Have No Name or One.

Blakexy1125

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face has to go along with Paradise (or any track from MX). Would like to hear more songs from the Viva La Vida Era (Glass of Water, 42 or Life In Technicolor ii to name just a few).

Viva La Vida and Fix you are gonna stay in the set. It would be like going to a U2 concert and not hearing Where The Streets Have No Name or One.
Or going to a Radiohead concert and not hearing Creep! Oh wait....

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Some of the hits are pretty tired. Fix You definitely. I just want Paradise gone because I hate it :p

Coldplero

Coldplayer or Coldplero?
Coldplayer
I still don't know why there's no 42 (which fits with album theme) or Cemeteries Of London, they are nice songs...

diego_camargo

Up&Up
Coldplayer

That's why unfortunately we are keeping hearing Viva all the time. I love Viva, one of my Top 5 songs from that record and Viva Era, but I'm so tired of that. They at least could change the live performance a little bit like they always do with GPSUYF.

Paradise needs some serious rest. There's no need of ETIAW when they have some similar song with SFOAS to play live. I would keep Charlie Brown because I think they have to play at least one single from every album and for me Charlie Brown was one the best singles of MX. Clocks with God Put Smile Upon Your Face is in my TOP 10 or 5 favorites songs, so I think they should keep these two for me LOL.

I would love if they bring back Politik (they played a few times during the MX era) and keep the new Life is for Living live version.

PS: I love how they decided to give In My Place and Yellow a little rest.

H

howyousawtheworld

I still don't know why there's no 42 (which fits with album theme) or Cemeteries Of London, they are nice songs...
Cemeteries of London please! Too often it is overlooked by fans and the band itself.

It seems ETIAW is the black sheep of the live songs. To say it doesn't cut it would be an understatement.

itgoesonsoenjoyit

Meher
Coldplayer
I wish they'd play Speed of Sound but Chris said in an interview with Howard Stern that he can't listen to that song anymore because he doesn't like the studio version. He insisted that he felt no need to right the wrong in live performances :/ Still, maybe one day when I finally see them I'll get lucky :lol:

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'd say drop Clocks. I love it but it does get repetitive. In it's place (from the ARoBttH era): either Politik or A Rush of Blood :D

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
Agreed. And as much as I love The Scientist, I would swap it for Everything's Not Lost.

likeafire

Scientist
Coldplayer
They cant take out scientist, yellow, viva, fix you. Those stay forever.

God put a smile on your face should go along with clocks.

bdevil89

Coldplayer
clocks - please give it a rest - but I know why they play it, because it was the other big hit for them and grammy winner. Their philosophy is that they have to think some of their audience is seeing them for the first time - so they would want to hear clocks.

Durk

Coldplayer
Can you imagine having to play the same song at every gig?
I'd get so sick of it.