Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Feel free to merge/move this thread mods

Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert
Songs from band’s San Diego show to be broadcast at benefit concert in Mexico

Good evening. Estamos Unidos Mexicanos is a concert that will take place in Mexico City on Sunday, October 8, featuring artists uniting to help the reconstruction and everybody impacted by the recent earthquakes.

Coldplay will join this effort through a live transmission of some songs from their own concert that night at the SDCCU stadium in San Diego, California, which will air through Televisa and Univisión.

To mark the occasion, Coldplay will also play a brand new song for the first time, with all benefits that this track generates destined to help relief efforts in Mexico and around the world. All proceeds from the band’s San Diego show will also go towards disaster relief efforts.

Estamos Unidos Mexicanos es el nombre de un concierto que tendrá lugar en la Ciudad de México este domingo 8 de octubre y que ha reunido a artistas con la intención de ayudar a todos los afectados por los últimos terremotos así como ayudar en los trabajos de reconstrucción del país.

Coldplay se sumará a este proyecto a través de una transmisión en vivo de algunas de las canciones que interpretarán en vivo en su concierto en el estadio SDCCU en San Diego, California y que también será emitido por Televisa y Univision.

Para conmemorar esta ocasión, Coldplay va a interpretar en vivo y por primera vez una nueva canción cuyos beneficios se destinarán a los trabajos de ayuda en México y alrededor del mundo. Todos los beneficios generados en el concierto de la banda en San Diego serán destinados a actividades de socorro a las víctimas de los desastres naturales.

Anchorman

Source: http://coldplay.com/coldplay-to-debut-new-song-for-estamos-unidos-mexicanos-concert/

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
They're writing a new song for my country and for other countries who need it. This means so much to me!

I don't know what time Coldplay will appear and I don't know if I'll go but the idea of watching my favorite band on TV is making me so happy!

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
This is awesome! New song and for a great cause. Really great of them to donate all the money that night to Mexico as well. Great job fellas!

yoyo2000

Comme deux gouttes d’eau
Coldplayer
I think this is just gonna be a song like Houston #1 nothing close to Don Quixote, but who knows?

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I found this! El canal de las estrellas is one of the channels Televisa owns
http://www.lasestrellas.tv/en-vivo/

There is a delay of a minute or so and you can watch it on mobile as well. Hopefully this will be the channel the concert will be streamed :) check if you can see this wherever you are, I'm from Mexico and that might be the reason I can watch this

Univision is a channel in the US if you're from there you can watch it here http://www.univision.com/univision/tv-en-vivo they have an app

Another livestream for Univision
http://www.tutelevisionenvivo.org/ver-univision-en-vivo-hd/

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I’d imagine this would be a more stripped back “back to basics” type track. Maybe even an acoustic track. That’s usually how songs soley for charity are like. I’d imagine a track similar to How You See The World No. 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
^ That first song you listed was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I heard they would be debuting a new song. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case--it has a lovely Viva-ish feel that I absolutely adore :heart_eyes:

Of course, any new Coldplay song is a good thing, but that would be the best case scenario lol

BiggerStronger

Believe in love
Coldplayer
Now what if it is called "Something Beautiful"? Just a theory... check out the captions

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Nice catch^ That is either a secret code or a lack of adjectives on R42's part.

In all honesty though, that would be a bad title, kind of self inflating and vague. "Something Just LIke This" for example is a cringy title. Maybe it will be called:

Miracles (((beautiful something))) :confounded:

As for those soundchecks above, the second sounds like Graceland to me, though I like it a lot. The first sounds much more likely to be a new track, with that bouncy bass. Only a few hours away! Hope its a studio version and not just a live one.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is the only time I will ever be watching the Spanish channel

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm so confused. I don't see when they are going to come up. The live stream already ended a while ago

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
Very upbeat, very happy, I liked it a lot!

I'm also very proud of this band that I love so much, and as a mexican, very thankful as well :heart:

crispicazzo

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What a beautiful performance. I'm from Mexico City and I was very touched by their awesomeness and their positive energy. Viva Coldplay, Viva México, Viva la Vida!!

LeftrightleftArchi

Coldplayer
Man, that song was so energetic. It would fit right in on MX, so uplifting. Reminds me of their old song Don Quixote. And will on the drums though !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk