Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coldplay To Perform "Viva La Vida" @MTV Movie Awards

elena20

whats your POLITIK!!
Coldplayer
do you think theyll be on the red carpet?.......:pimp2:

Im not going to record it but probably get it off a torrent site and cut it to just the coldplay performance. Don't worry I will get it up as long as the program gets uploaded

talkingonsquareone89

Girl with headphones 24/7
Coldplayer

what's killing me the most is that MY COUSINS are going to the event, in which they'll get to be around for the red carpet entrance and the show. and, of course, i can't go. *jealouuuuusss* :evil2:

Altimax98

Strawberry Swing'ing
Coldplayer
The article said they will be playing VLV theyre first single. But wasnt Violet Hill the first single? Maybe it was a typo.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
This just came in: (Tonight's Rehearsal Review)

Meanwhile, the evening's other act, Coldplay, entered the Gibson (cutting quite the unassuming figure for a band that have sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, we might add) and caught the last few minutes of the Dolls' rehearsal. Amazed — and half-joking, we assume — frontman Chris Martin turned to a sea of producers and laughed, "Now I see: You booked us for eye candy."

Fast-forward roughly an hour (rehearsals go very slowly), and Coldplay are standing in the middle of the Gibson stage, a constant wash of stagehands flowing around them, moving amps, setting lights and testing a massive video screen. Perhaps a bit bored (or maybe because he was so impressed by what he saw earlier), Martin wandered over to a keyboard and began plinking out the opening notes toPCD's hit "Don't Cha," then proceeded to warble out the song's hook — "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" — to the amazement of pretty much everyone.

A bit later (again, things move slowly), everything was set, and Coldplay launched into "Viva La Vida" — the title track from their new album, which hits stores June 17. Above a massive din of strings, bells and timpani drums, Martin sang about dead kings and failed dreams, skipping about while a Steadicam spun around him. The sheer size of the tune — it's joyously massive, really — was only amplified by the near-empty amphitheater, and as the final notes bounced around the seats and up into the rafters, Martin and the rest of his band stood once again in the middle of the stage, looking a bit shocked.

Sunday's show will be the first time they'll play "Viva" live, and you get the feeling that even they were amazed by just how big it sounded.
But then, just as soon as the moment was over, the stage was filled once again with producers and lighting techs, and the whole circus started up again. Sure, that was great, but let's do it again. And again. After all, it's gotta be perfect.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1588438/story.jhtml

elena20

whats your POLITIK!!
Coldplayer
um 8 but tune in at 7 just in case there on the red carpet(doubt it though)

ricardo

n00b
Coldplayer
can anybody record it please?? the show is not going to be broadcasted here :confused:

dotty biscotti

Jedi Knight
Coldplayer
A bit later (again, things move slowly), everything was set, and Coldplay launched into "Viva La Vida" — the title track from their new album, which hits stores June 17. Above a massive din of strings, bells and timpani drums, Martin sang about dead kings and failed dreams, skipping about while a Steadicam spun around him. The sheer size of the tune — it's joyously massive, really — was only amplified by the near-empty amphitheater, and as the final notes bounced around the seats and up into the rafters, Martin and the rest of his band stood once again in the middle of the stage, looking a bit shocked.

Sunday's show will be the first time they'll play "Viva" live, and you get the feeling that even they were amazed by just how big it sounded.
But then, just as soon as the moment was over, the stage was filled once again with producers and lighting techs, and the whole circus started up again. Sure, that was great, but let's do it again. And again. After all, it's gotta be perfect.

*http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1588438/story.jhtml

*Squeals in excitement!* A little over 10 hours to go

Bobby Dylan

Loving All I See
Coldplayer
I'll try and upload it to, I probably can pretty soon after the shows finished. It's pretty easy for me to rip things to my computer with the set up I have.

I forgot some people wouldn't be able to see it