Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
Well the reason I ask is because I might be able to periscope Denver's show, but only if they allow me in with 2 cell phones....and I wouldnt want to be caught explaining to them why I have straps to attach my phone to a pole/beam.
Did you have to empty your pockets?
we had to empty pockets of keys/phones and stuff for the metal detectors, but i don't think anyone would care if you have two phones with you and you can probably get away with keeping the straps in your pocket.
if they stop you just make a scene and say it's your right as an American to carry straps around, right? that'll work i'm sure :p

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
we had to empty pockets of keys/phones and stuff for the metal detectors, but i don't think anyone would care if you have two phones with you and you can probably get away with keeping the straps in your pocket.
if they stop you just make a scene and say it's your right as an American to carry straps around, right? that'll work i'm sure :p
Haha well I do have an excuse that I forgot to take them out of my pocket after I took them off my bike on our bike rack....
And don't get your hopes up too high for the periscope. I looked at a picture of my section, and it seems the barrier is a little different than I thought, so there might not be a place to leave my phone

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
Haha well I do have an excuse that I forgot to take them out of my pocket after I took them off my bike on our bike rack....
And don't get your hopes up too high for the periscope. I looked at a picture of my section, and it seems the barrier is a little different than I thought, so there might not be a place to leave my phone
If they ask, tell them you have a separate phone for work and are expecting a call later in the night.

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Well the reason I ask is because I might be able to periscope Denver's show, but only if they allow me in with 2 cell phones....and I wouldnt want to be caught explaining to them why I have straps to attach my phone to a pole/beam.
Did you have to empty your pockets?
The phone straps are a good idea! I was thinking of doing a periscope too but I didn't want to have my phone attached to me while I was moving and singing :D. If only I can find a pole to put my phone on... If I may ask, what kind of straps do you use and why do you need two phones?

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The phone straps are a good idea! I was thinking of doing a periscope too but I didn't want to have my phone attached to me while I was moving and singing :D. If only I can find a pole to put my phone on... If I may ask, what kind of straps do you use and why do you need two phones?
Well I am in the first row of my section, so I figured there would be bars in front of me to wrap my phone around, but instead there is a concrete wall/barrier. They are velcro straps that we use to make sure our bike wheels/handlebars dont move while on the car, but they can wrap around anything.
I would need one phone for my personal use, and another to attach to a pole and have it periscope the whole show for all you guys!

iamsue

Coldplayer
yeah, i would say check for the individual venue, but also just try to bring as little stuff with you as possible. at Lincoln Financial Field, we went through metal detectors and they quickly checked small bags (backpacks had to be stored in lockers or put back in cars, etc), but basically the only things i brought with me were my ticket, phone, and Mylo Xyloto doll :p i didn't even try to bring any water bottle with me, i just drank from the water fountains instead of paying for one inside. :lol:

A Mylo Xyloto doll? Adorable! Can we see a pic of it please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asrons333

Who would ever want to be king?
Coldplayer
Here's a question for the xyloband discussion earlier in this thread. I saw they released the new AHFOD xylobands this year but then went to a more traditional all white one for a while. Then back to the new one. Why the switch?

From what I see the white one lights up in the casing as well as the band. The AHFOD ones don't light up in the casing but have the speaker which I believe is for the spoken audio clips they use.

Bought one of each on ebay. Didn't get to a show this year so I'm excited to see them up close.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Here's a question for the xyloband discussion earlier in this thread. I saw they released the new AHFOD xylobands this year but then went to a more traditional all white one for a while. Then back to the new one. Why the switch?

From what I see the white one lights up in the casing as well as the band. The AHFOD ones don't light up in the casing but have the speaker which I believe is for the spoken audio clips they use.

Bought one of each on ebay. Didn't get to a show this year so I'm excited to see them up close.
Well the plain white ones don't say Coldplay anywhere on them, so they are just kind of generic. I guess they wanted to switch back to something more of their own.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Yes please.

Although she isn't scheduled for Brussels. I knew that I had to come to Frankfurt too. :)
Hm, actually I think I would've preferred Embrace as special guest before the show.
I love the song Fun but I just took a look at some Tove Lo live perfomances on Youtube and I think this might get a little...awkward.
Also, I don't think her appearance alone guarantees that we hear Fun. Plus, it is then likely they might perform one of her songs together too, which probably equals to one less Coldplay song in the show.

So after thinking about it, I wish it was someone else :-/

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
With Embrace, we could maybe, just maybe, get Gravity!!

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
then if we get Fun and Gravity... can Guy just hop on when Mew is there and suddenly Magne Furuholmen and Martin A (forget his real last name) also show up and we get an Apparatjik reunion? :p

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hm, actually I think I would've preferred Embrace as special guest before the show.
I love the song Fun but I just took a look at some Tove Lo live perfomances on Youtube and I think this might get a little...awkward.
Also, I don't think her appearance alone guarantees that we hear Fun. Plus, it is then likely they might perform one of her songs together too, which probably equals to one less Coldplay song in the show.

So after thinking about it, I wish it was someone else :-/
The chance of her performing a 2nd song is small I think because she all ready did the support act.
And I don't necessarily want her to join on stage for a duet, but I would like Fun in the setlist.
There are a few candidate song they can replace what I'm concerned.
Hopefully we also have some new Kaleidoscope EP songs.

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
And I don't necessarily want her to join on stage for a duet, but I would like Fun in the setlist.
same - that song is hardly a duet anyway, she's more just singing backing vocals. i'd love to hear Will sing those parts instead :heart::heart::heart:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Wel, I have to say I was somewhat worried when I read that Tove Lo announcement. I read up a bit on her and looked up some live videos as well because I didn't know about her, and was somewhat shocked to read she is someone whose "themes" are 18+ stuff and drugs, whose music videos in the past got taken down by Youtube because of too much sexual content, and some of her performances regularly include stripping off and flashing her nipples to the audience mid-performance.
And I was like, OMG, this is like the polar opposite of Coldplay and doesn't belong into a Coldplay show or right before a Coldplay show. Especially since when I bought tickets from Ticketmaster, it said minimum age 6 years (if accompanied, for standing tickets minimum 12 years) ! How do they wanna reconcile that ?
So for a while I was really worried , but then I checked videos of when she had been support act for Katy Perry a while ago and there, she performed her songs "normally". So let's hope she chooses this mode for the Coldplay show as well. Really don't want the pre-Coldplay entertainment to turn into a peep show... :joy:

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
Those Asian gigs (Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan...) will get the most interesting setlists for sure, 'cos CP never went there before :blush:
I'm hoping for some George Michael tribute, replacing Heroes