Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coldplaying Forums Changelog

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
HI @Stephen, I'm having a problem with the log in on desktop. Somehow it isn't accepting my password and i can't remember the email address I signed up with either o_O Right now I can only use CPING on mobile, where i was already logged in before the change.

Can you help ?
I DM’d you

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
I have squashed a few bugs. Sub-forums are now sorted into 3 columns instead of 1 which looks a hell of a lot better!

fixed.PNG

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Yes, I have noticed the redesign looks awkward too. It looks a little too big for my preference and there's no easy borders to differentiate between posts and buttons. The posting features aren't in a nice little line like they were before, they're all spread out and look confusing. As you mentioned I'm sure this is just a temporary bug with the core software.
EDIT: Okay, now this is strange. On this page it looks all messed up but on other pages it looks fine. My only complaint being that most people's messages look like they're in quotes but everything else looks really nice. Weird.....

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My only complaint being that most people's messages look like they're in quotes
THIS, I was trying to figure out how to explain that too, haa.
And yeah, the same formatting bug as a few weeks ago is happening again, but its spotty. Its doing it in some threads and not others. I checked 5 threads and only one was 'normal', the others had the formatting issue. I cant try to figure out a pattern. I thought it was just thread I participated in maybe, but no.

Last edited:

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I had the same thought !

By the way I can't see the pics in your signature anymore @jc90
I think a while ago, in the middle of some sort of forum upgrade my sig was lost. No matter, it wasn't much anyways. Last I remember, it was only the albums in order. I'll probably update it for LP8 :D but thanks for the heads up.

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hmm, no format issues when on mobile fyi.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I think a while ago, in the middle of some sort of forum upgrade my sig was lost. No matter, it wasn't much anyways. Last I remember, it was only the albums in order. I'll probably update it for LP8 :D but thanks for the heads up.
Oh I see. Yeah, it was - now only the text line is left

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
And yeah, the same formatting bug as a few weeks ago is happening again, but its spotty. Its doing it in some threads and not others.
Yep, this thread is doing it
EDIT: Okay, now this is weird. Now it can be the same thread, but different pages that show different formatting. The formatting on https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-lyrics-game.107327/page-133 is broken, but a page later at https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-lyrics-game.107327/page-134 is fine. This isn't a "most recent page is the only one that's formatted correctly" issue because no matter what page you're on in this current thread it will be broken here, including the most recent page.

RedBalloon

Livin' life in Technicolor
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey Stephen and all,
Haven't been here for a while, and just want to say Thank You for this overall new layout, which looks great; so far, for me, it functions well.... but it is understandable that there might be some adjustments/fixing that need to be done now and then, till its gradual refinement :)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hey @Stephen, I have a question or rather suggestion: For a while now when at the top of the Coldplaying site you see this big band picture from the GS Era where they all look rather...grim :D I wonder if it would be possible to maybe make it a gallery that changes picture every 30 seconds or so (maybe across different eras, since we are right now in a phase between eras...) or something ! Just an idea :p

Last edited:

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Seems like the weird formatting issue is gone. Thanks!

That's also a good [email protected] ran away. Given the kind of band Coldplay is now it doesn't seem the most fitting, but it still looks cool. And I agree with the transitioning pictures idea. :D

EDIT: On the main page however those big picture tiles aren't there and are replaced by just text which kind of throws me off and doesn't look as organized to me. Was this intentional or is this a bug?

Last edited: