[Confirmed] Duffy to Support Coldplay on US Dates

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Duffy to support on US dates
August 15, 2008 10:58 am
Six shows for the Welsh soul sensation

We're very happy to announce that Duffy will be supporting us at six US shows in the autumn (or, if you prefer, "the fall"). She'll be performing at the following dates:

Oct 21- Cleveland
Oct 26 - East Rutherford
Oct 27 - East Rutherford
Oct 29 - Boston
Oct 31 - Washington DC
Nov 1 - Philadelphia

We think she's brilliant, so we're very pleased.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=100&page=0

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
She's a hell of a lot better than that awful hip hop act at Hartford.

Mimixxx

Coldplayer
October 31st is Halloween and November 1st is All Saints' day (the latter of which Melanie informed me of:p)

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I would go as chris's piano if i could go to the halloween concert:rolleyes:

Carlaatje

Ms Multi-quote :D
Coldplayer
I love her..! I just checked her website and she doesn't have any gigs planned for october 2nd& 3rd so I hope she'll tag along to Holland as well!

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Duffy to support on US dates
August 15, 2008 10:58 am
Six shows for the Welsh soul sensation

We're very happy to announce that Duffy will be supporting us at six US shows in the autumn (or, if you prefer, "the fall"). She'll be performing at the following dates:

Oct 21- Cleveland
Oct 26 - East Rutherford
Oct 27 - East Rutherford
Oct 29 - Boston
Oct 31 - Washington DC
Nov 1 - Philadelphia

We think she's brilliant, so we're very pleased.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=100&page=0
so Oct 27th is a real date. so why don't they have it on their list on the main site godamnit :angry:

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I feel sorry for those coldplay fans, having to listen to some welsh bird attempts at singing 1950's 'soul' songs.

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
I feel sorry for those coldplay fans, having to listen to some welsh bird attempts at singing 1950's 'soul' songs.
THANK YOU!, Someone else who doesn't like Duffy, my brother is in love with her and he doesn't like coldplay! :shocked2:

Mimixxx

Coldplayer
DUFFY - DUFFY SETS HER HAIR ON FIRE

Welsh soul star DUFFY almost went up in flames last week (ends24Oct08) when she accidentally set her hair alight backstage at a Coldplay concert.

The Mercy singer recently supported the British rockers at a gig in Cleveland, Ohio - but found herself in a potentially life-threatening situation when her blonde locks caught fire from a candle in her dressing room.

She says, "I was in the dressing room and I had music on and candles alight.
"The venue was a huge stadium, like a big sports centre. The dressing rooms had big white lights, no mirrors and lockers all along. They were super cool but you wouldn't want to spend three hours in there. So I was giving it a little bit of razzle dazzle. I had dimmed the lights then I lit this candle and it started melting a bit.

"I thought, 'S**t!' and started blowing it out. I got a cloth to wipe it up and bent down, not realising it was still lit. Then the entire left side of my hair went up in flames."

But her cringe-worthy situation soon got worse when she realised Coldplay frontman Chris Martin was on his way to visit her.

She recalls, "At that moment, Chris was walking down the corridor to say, 'Hi'. I hadn't met him before and the place stank of burning hair.

"Somebody came in and said, 'Is someone cooking chicken?' I had black crumbs of hair all down me so I had to give it a chop and pin it back. It was really bad and properly embarrassing. Chris could smell it, you couldn't avoid smelling it.

"Can you imagine if I had gone up in flames? Nightmare. I honestly saw my life flash before my eyes."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/duffy%20sets%20her%20hair%20on%20fire_1085229

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
OMG Cooky and Stephberryman!!!!the night of the Hammerstein Ballroom concert i was literally learning to text trying to get Cooky and Steph together on line and doing the play by play reporting and i was texting and grilling food at the same time and a lot of my hair in the front went up in flames!!!!, so now i have bangs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CookyMnstr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
LOL, well at least you weren't expecting Chris at any minute!:laugh3: (and you have a great haircut, btw, even if it wasn't planned)