CONTEST!!! Enter to win a set of AHFOD Buttons/Pins

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

We are happy to have a new contest for our members here at Coldplaying and the winner gets a set of A Head Full of Dreams Buttons/Pins.
For this contest, we would like you to write the a review of any of the Coldplay shows during the AHFOD Tour up until the Dec 14th Sydney show and post it here int this thread. You can include pics and vids.
We will then decide our favorite most fabulous review and send the buttons off to the winner.
Good Luck and the more CREATIVE THE BETTER! Make it shine Coldplayers!

Last edited:

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
Is the review supposed to be like a personal experience or more like an article you would read on the internet or newspaper or something like that?

Saad

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What if I already did and posted it in the forums? Is that enough to enter?

VivaMomo

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My first concert

Hello. I was at the concert in Gelsenkirchen. I took a day off of school just to go to the show. Normally I wouldn't do that but it was the biggest thing in my life till now. Really.
So, I drove with a friend to the show and I am grateful that he also went to the show. He didn't go for Coldplay. He just went to work. Good for me, because I had to be at home within an hour after the concert so I could have enough sleep. I wrote an exam the other day and it worked just fine. :)
Comming to the show: I was early and waited approximately 1,5 hours till I got in. I think I heard the band rehearsing Proof but they didn't play it at the concert. :( I was in the north of the stadium and had to wait because of the missing Xylobands at the gate. Finally, the gates were open and we were given the Xylobands and the Love Buttons. The woman at the gate was explaining why we were waiting and described the Xylobands as glowing and funny wristbands. :) My Xyloband was green and my Love Button orange.
In the Stadium, I talked with some people to bridge the time till Alessia Cara came to the stage. The seats were nearly empty but the places where you don't have seats were filled well. She had nice songs and performed just as good although she only sang about a half an hour. The crowd (me included) was not that loud or sang along. I just didn't know the songs. Same story with Lianne La Havas. I think she was better than Alessia Cara but both were good. I really liked them. They were both finished, so we waited for Coldplay. I've spoken with some other fans about wether we should start the Viva chant. They said they don't have good voices but so do I. I decided to start and noone sang along. I started another try. Again, noone sang along. I started a third run and some people joined in (I was so happy :D) but they stopped to sing very quick. I still think it was worth it. :D
AND THEN COLDPLAY CAME! I have sung along to every song and probably went some people on the nerves. There was a grumpy man (I guess he was 50y old). He looked at me all the time. :D I shouted so hard, my voice was damaged at the fourth song. I did go crazy and I'm a really shy person. It's a magical effect Coldplay has on you. :) After Coldplay left the stage we, the crowed, started to sing the Viva chant. It was phenomenal. I was never that happy in my life. For real. I jumped, danced (I cannot dance but I don't care :D), sang and had my happiest night in my live! Thank you Coldplay! Thank you Chris, Guy, Jonny, Will and Phil! Thank you for everyone who was involved in the show! And thank you, the crowd who was low in the performances of Alessia Cara and Lianne La Havas but went crazy on Coldplay!
And thank you to the two person I asked for the Xylobands. They wanted to throw them in the trash because the message on the stage said please throw them in the trash after the concert. I now have three Xylobands and one Love Botton! Green, red and purple are the colours of the Xylobands. :) Oh, and I didn't take any photos nor videos. I didn't even take my phone out through out the concert. I just enjoyed the music and the show. :)
My friend drove me back and he literally saved my life. The reason: the train to the main station in my home town was not the problem but the tram I had to take didn't drive at that time. If I hadn't my friend, I would have waited four hours till my tram came! I also thought about a taxi but a taxi would have cost 70 or more Euros and that's too much for me. I was only 17 (now 18) and go to school.
Anyways, it was the best day of my life and I'll never forget it - especially with that date 1.6.16. Got it? 16 16. :) Lastly, I wish all the fellow Coldplayers who will atend a concert much happiness and joy! It is such an amazing experience! Have a great day! :)

PS: Please excuse my horrible English, I tried my best. :)

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This should be a personal review of a gig you attended.
It can also be a previously posted review, just post it here :)
BE CREATIVE!!

BuckinParadise

Believe in Miracles
Coldplayer
can I do a summary of all the shows I have been in June , Christa ? Or only one ?

Xylobryte7

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Crap, I literally like 5 mins ago bought the pins off the store site haha

JuliaOK

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"We'll be glowing in the dark..."

This was the first time I was ever to be seeing Coldplay live at Friends Arena in Stockholm Sweden, and I don't think that I've ever been more excited in my life. It was one of the days were the usual, the trivial, even the annoying things in life seemed amazing, as they were leading up to that special moment, the moment that I thought could change my life. All I could think of was how much I wanted to stand in the crowd of 55.000 people, all bound together as one giant molecule by the xylobands, and the music, the music that we all loved. I just wanted to feel like I could relate to Charlie Brown, to the feeling of glowing in the dark, and not care about anything else in the world but the now. I wanted to belong like I've never belonged.

Even though I dreamed, even though I googled and pushed my imagination to the very edge of it's ability, I don't I could've ever predicted the concert to be THAT good.

I mean, if just the bare thought of Coldplay could make the long queuing, the heat and the throng from the crowd, and the lack of food and water seem like the biggest and most breathtaking adventures, just imagine my feelings when the first chords of A Head Full of Dreams was heard. After just a few seconds, I was no longer a sweaty, tired seventeen year old girl from a small town in Sweden, surronded by guys with manbuns. I was A PART of Coldplay.

A part of Coldplay, as important as every single person in that venue, contributing by dancing, singing, clapping, cheering, and just dedicating their whole existance to the music, creating just pure MAGIC. During that concert, I was someplace else, in a whole other state of mind. A state of mind where everyone belonged and made a difference, if only for a while.

Still now, a little more than one week after the concert, I can still close my eyes and feel as a if I'm part of something bigger, a part of something which I now share with all of the people out there that have experienced this magic.

After that night, I can't just relate to Charlie Brown. I am Charlie Brown, along with all of you. I no longer have to imagine how it is to glow in the dark. Thanks to Coldplay, I am now everglowing.

-Julia Östling-Kütt

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You have until Dec to post your review so there is no rush :)

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
What a great idea! I'll write my review soon, I love this kind of contests :D

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hi @Christa42, would a review of an AHFOD Promo Tour concert (in this particular case, the Today Show concert in New York) qualify ?

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sure, we are just looking for the most creative review as long as it includes songs from the AHFOD album

samilovesturtles

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've never actually been to a concert before, but what I can review is most of their concerts from the AHFOD era. I like to watch them online and see videos that people post on social media and everytime I see those videos, it sends chills to me . Their concerts are so alive and full of energy that it makes me feel that I'm actually there. Winning these set of buttons will furthermore let me have a piece of them. Thanks for this opportunity. :p

KarenEssEff

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've been a very big fan since Coldplay first came out and finally got to see them live in 2009 in Sacramento. Recently I had the opportunity to help with the stage set up and break down for the Super Bowl and only applied because Coldplay was going to be there. It was amazing to see all the magic that goes on in a production that huge! We were able to see the actual show many times before the BIG show but had to be very professional. I couldn't ask Chris for an autograph while he ran around the field or scream to the top of my lungs everytime the band played during rehearsals But after practice one day a friend and I did catch Will and Jonny leaving the stadium and I asked for a pic. They spoke with us for a very long time and thanked us for the help with stage set up. I told Jonny that my sisters and I would be going to see them in Barcelona and asked him to look for the monkeys in the very back. Not that he would ever remember... But he said "Sure!" So our Barcelona trip arrived and the monkeys went into play during AOAL! I missed the whole song cause I couldn't see with my glasses fogging up under the mask! My sister and I danced away... She went into full monkey mode with the moves!! Haha! I have never been to a concert outside of the states and was very impressed at how "cool" the crowd was. There were no seating assignments on the "pista" and I wondered why the US shows weren't open, without assigned seats on the floor.. The show of course was incredible!! The sound, the xylobands, the venue!! It was the best to see everyone connecting at that moment.. with the greatest band to take us away for just a short time... Any way-- before the show we were also very interested in the port o potty's for the guys and wondered why they don't have these in the states as well!! I'm gonna follow the band around a while-- Will be at the LA show and then close it off back at Levi's Stadium where they did the Super Bowl.. These pins would really look great on my Coldplay/ SB 50 windbreaker! ❤

Attachments

Last edited:

BuckinParadise

Believe in Miracles
Coldplayer
I've been a very big fan since Coldplay first came out and finally got to see them live in 2009 in Sacramento. Recently I had the opportunity to help with the stage set up and break down for the Super Bowl and only applied because Coldplay was going to be there. It was amazing to see all the magic that goes on in a production that huge! We were able to see the actual show many times before the BIG show but had to be very professional. I couldn't ask Chris for an autograph while he ran around the field or scream to the top of my lungs everytime the band played during rehearsals But after practice one day a friend and I did catch Will and Jonny leaving the stadium and I asked for a pic. They spoke with us for a very long time and thanked us for the help with stage set up. I told Jonny that my sisters and I would be going to see them in Barcelona and asked him to look for the monkeys in the very back. Not that he would ever remember... But he said "Sure!" So our Barcelona trip arrived and the monkeys went into play during AOAL! I missed the whole song cause I couldn't see with my glasses fogging up under the mask! My sister and I danced away... She went into full monkey mode with the moves!! Haha! I have never been to a concert outside of the states and was very impressed at how "cool" the crowd was. There were no seating assignments on the "pista" and I wondered why the US shows weren't open, without assigned seats on the floor.. The show of course was incredible!! The sound, the xylobands, the venue!! It was the best to see everyone connecting at that moment.. with the greatest band to take us away for just a short time... Any way-- before the show we were also very interested in the port o potty's for the guys and wondered why they don't have these in the states as well!! I'm gonna follow the band around a while-- Will be at the LA show and then close it off back at Levi's Stadium where they did the Super Bowl.. These pins would really look great on my Coldplay/ SB 50 windbreaker! ❤

like your story :) one question: HOW did you get the opportunity to help with the stage set up `?