Could Yes be in some kind of weird way be about Pedophiles in your point of view?

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
Don't get mad or anything but I just wondered because the lyrics are all.... pedophile ish. :confused:

When it started we had high hopes
Now my back's on the line
My back's on the ropes

Then we were dying of frustration
Saying Lord lead me not into temptation
But it’s not easy when she turns you on
Sin, stay gone

If you’d only, if you’d only say yes
Whether you will's anybody’s guess
God only God knows I'm trying my best
But I’m just so tired of this loneliness

Ok, that's just what it sounds like to me.

I KNOW CHRIS MARTIN WOULDNT EVER WRITE ABOUT PEDOPHILES! I UNDERSTAND THAT. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT! DONT SLAM ME FOR MY OPINION.

elena20

whats your POLITIK!!
Coldplayer
haha ya it seems kinda like it is haha........perverted song

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
Don't get mad or anything but I just wondered because the lyrics are all.... paedophile ish. :confused:

When it started we had high hopes
Now my back's on the line
My back's on the ropes

Then we were dying of frustration
Sin, stay gone

If you’d only, if you’d only say yes
Whether you will's anybody’s guess
God only God knows I'm trying my best
But I’m just so tired of this loneliness

wow...maybe its about something other than being a pedophile. Who would even think that? It could have a million meanings that make more sense than that. You sound like one of those people who thinks Yellow is about drugs.

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
wow...maybe its about something other than being a pedophile. Who would even think that? It could have a million meanings that make more sense than that. You sound like one of those people who thinks Yellow is about drugs.
WHY must you turn something like this into a You sound like on of those people thing? I just asked because I wondered. I didn't need the second part of your sentence. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT.

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
I try to avoid it. people start thing out of literally nothing. I ask a question and it turns into something. That's why I keep most of my shit to myself. it's just stupid.

khabra

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol at 2732. But yea anyways a paedophile I'm sure is one of many things Yes can be about. Personally I'd have said something about someone being completely obsessed with something they can't have. Which I guess is just a paedophile in real vague, generic words.

elena20

whats your POLITIK!!
Coldplayer
I try to avoid it. people start thing out of literally nothing. I ask a question and it turns into something. That's why I keep most of my shit to myself. it's just stupid.
i know i hate that kinda shit......no one can get along anymore...........

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
exactly! somebody always has to turn it into something terrible. :( where did all the nice people go in the world?

girl_in_the_band_tshirt

(: I'm Maya
Coldplayer
I kind of see Yes as that frustration of wanting to stay abstinate (reasons religious or otherwise) but having a hard time with it, because well, there are a lot of sexy people in the world *grins*

Sin, stay gone

In the same vein, I get the impression it might be about someone trying awfully hard not to commit adultery.

But night makes a fool of us in daylight

The verse after the 1st chorus doesn't sound all that positive. I was held from the rooftop then they let go. Not a very nice thing to do after all.

Sorry, that got pretty geeky :shy:

M.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
:confused: I'm not sure Chris would write a song about pedophiles... at first I thought it was like a married guy lusting for this other girl even though he knows it's wrong

Seems I'm a crazy too :laugh3:

Hotplay007

真実の愛を待って
Coldplayer
hahaha, possibly. i dunno, i just thought of it one day. I mean, pedophiles are lonely people. my backs on the line, my backs on the ropes could mean the law i guessed.

girl_in_the_band_tshirt

(: I'm Maya
Coldplayer
:confused: I'm not sure Chris would write a song about pedophiles... at first I thought it was like a married guy lusting for this other girl even though he knows it's wrong

Seems I'm a crazy too :laugh3:
no no, I got that too. I just said it in a lot more words :p

M.

footyfan10

The Scientist
Coldplayer
i personally dont see how it could be about pedophiles at all...as thats not something i can imagine chris writing a song about...at all

i would say it sounds pretty clearly about wanting sex basically..."say yes"...and not being able to get it for a slew of reasons

no problem with you raising your interpretation...i just think its really off and out there