Cry Cry Cry - Sunset

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 4th track of Sunset/Everyday life part 2 will sound like ?
:moon:

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
It's on the sunset side so it doesn't bode well for it being experimental. Heh.

A pop ballad like Up in Flames maybe.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Sounds like a 1920s slow dance song to me. I'm afraid I didn't like the snippet, but at least this Coldplay record will be incredibly diverse, style-wise !

AnaMarie

Still, I always look up to the sky...
Coldplayer
It wasn’t what I was expecting, but I’m all in for Coldplay experimenting with different sounds...although, it was so short, maybe it can evolve and become something else!!!

AnaMarie

Still, I always look up to the sky...
Coldplayer
I like to imagine a really fast-paced shoegaze number with the only lyrics being "cry cry cry" repeated over and over again :D
Omgs!!!! yesssss!!!!!! Please!!!! I just really need another shoegaze song from Coldplay... :laughing:

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I’m now very confuse as to how sunset will sound like. We have Orphans and this on the same side and both sound vastly different.

Oh man I can’t wait for this album!

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I have feeling this album will be very much like Viva in the sense all the songs will sound different.

Whereas Viva experimented with classical/foreign instruments, I feel as if this time we’re going to get an eclectic mix of old timey, indie, alternative and country influences.

F1-77

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMs-NcuTJSg

I might be wrong but I think the "Cry Cry Cry" bit came from this song from the '60s. The song is credited to both Bert Berns and Jerry Ragovoy, and they both appear as composers when you look at Cry Cry Cry on Apple Music (alongside the four members of the band and Jacob Collier, who we knew about already).

(Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 3.26.42 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-02 at 3.26.31 pm.png)

Obviously it doesn't sound exactly the same but it must be enough of a sample/interpolation or inspiration that they've credited the writers anyway (as they're both deceased).

Also how cool is it that they're looking to Soul music for inspiration!

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMs-NcuTJSg

I might be wrong but I think the "Cry Cry Cry" bit came from this song from the '60s. The song is credited to both Bert Berns and Jerry Ragovoy, and they both appear as composers when you look at Cry Cry Cry on Apple Music (alongside the four members of the band and Jacob Collier, who we knew about already).

(View attachment 9537View attachment 9538)

Obviously it doesn't sound exactly the same but it must be enough of a sample/interpolation or inspiration that they've credited the writers anyway (as they're both deceased).

Also how cool is it that they're looking to Soul music for inspiration!
Nice work! Thanks for the info. I'm impatiently waiting for this song. I liked the snippet a lot. It reminds me of 'Feeling Good' by Muse.

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
This song is so good! It's like a joyful version of 'Feeling Good' by Muse (like I said previously), and it give me also some Queen (?) vibe when they do the arpeggios with the voices.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Someone on the leak thread asked if this was Crazy Frog doing backing vocals :joy: :joy: :joy:
hi lol

literally the first thing I thought of
but yeah, who is it? or is it just Chris' voice with a CrazyFrog type effect?

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
I actually like this track....
Altough I prefer to have Will's backing vocals instead of this (computer) voice.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Ok so first let's set the record straight, the distorted voice belongs to Jacob Collier, the (young) jazz phenomenon, not Crazy Frog lmao :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Another brilliant example of Coldplay extrapolating from another genre.
Also contains some of my favourite lyrics from the album : "For your miracles outnumber all the stars out in the sky"
Beautiful!
And it's super catchy. It was legit stuck in my head for an entire day.

It was reported the song has a video (I think it's in the Sunday times interview), I assume it'll be released end of year or early next year ? It was directed by Dakota Johnson, should be interesting.