Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:
Hope everything works out great for you! Usually we're just very scared about change but it turns out that it's actually good!
I'm getting a little bit scared about that kind of stuff as well as I'm going to university next year and I'm still not sure if I chose the right thing and if I'll pass the tests to be accepted at the university. And I don't know where I'll go and if I have to move away... [emoji53]
But I'm sure it'll all work out somehow :)

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement, everyone. You have no idea how much it means to me. :)

Have an incredible time at uni! It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster but try to embrace it if you can. Try to remember that everyone starting is in the same boat, as that helped me. If you don't feel like talking a lot then just smile lol as it's nice to just take a step back and just listen to others sometimes. How's the packing going? What will you be studying if you don't mind me asking?x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app
At the moment I'm just beginning to get everything together like bedding, room decoration, school supplies, etc. I've still got a long way to go haha! I will be studying psychology with the intent to one day get into either counseling or clinical psychology. The world, especially the United States where I live, is in dire need of better mental health services so I want to do my part in bridging the gap (even if it's just a little bit). Plus, the inner workings of the brain/mind are fascinating. :smart:

Hope everything works out great for you! Usually we're just very scared about change but it turns out that it's actually good!
I'm getting a little bit scared about that kind of stuff as well as I'm going to university next year and I'm still not sure if I chose the right thing and if I'll pass the tests to be accepted at the university. And I don't know where I'll go and if I have to move away... [emoji53]
But I'm sure it'll all work out somehow :)
Good luck with whatever path you take. It'll all work out, indeed. :)

Last edited:

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement, everyone. You have no idea how much it means to me. :)

At the moment I'm just beginning to get everything together like bedding, room decoration, school supplies, etc. I've still got a long way to go haha! I will be studying psychology with the intent to one day get into either counseling or clinical psychology. The world, especially the United States where I live, is in dire need of better mental health services so I want to do my part in bridging the gap (even if it's just a little bit). Plus, the inner workings of the brain/mind are fascinating. :smart:

Good luck with whatever path you take. It'll all work out, indeed. :)
Wooooo, I studied a BSc Joint Honours degree in Psychology and Health Studies! I'm also now studying Mental Health Practice at Postgraduate level at the moment [emoji1] x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:
I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry:

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Today must be the darkest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I have been going through a breakup but I was always hoping that things might still work out in the end, somehow....but today I find myself having to sort out some belongings, and accusations go back and forth in text messages and every single one hurts. :bigcry: :bigcry:
I have been crying for hours now and I can't calm down, and it just gets worse and worse. I don't know what to do, I wish I would either wake up from this nightmare and everything was alright or I wish I was dead so that I cannot feel anything anymore. It is/was my first relationship and I don't ever want to go through this pain again, so yeah, I wish I had no feelings at all. Life always only hurts, I feel horrible and torn into pieces. :bigcry:
My dear friend you're gonna make me cry. You're not alone all you need right now is a big hug and I'm sending you a big virtual hug. It'll be difficult to forget him but you're even more special than anything else. It'll be difficult but you'll go through this. I can’t find the right words to express my thoughts about it. All I know is that life is beautiful and as Chris says it's also colorful. Right now you're living the darker ones,but don't let them stay forever in your heart. Remember, You're not alone you might not have someone next to you but the Internet has the opportunity to connect people, talk to your family they'll help you. If there's anything I can do to help you go through this let me know.

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
So sad to hear you're passing a tough time :( I can imagine how you're feeling right now... last year I also had my heart broken and I spent so many days crying and crying. In my case I made a mistake because I misunderstood some stuff, the other person didn't make me wrong at all... I felt like I was going crazy or something like that. I blamed myself for everything but I shouldn't have done that. So here's the thing: love stories are complicated. Dealing with other people is really complicated. It's normal that things go wrong sometimes, but don't let this problems make you forget who you are. You are a great human being who deserves to be happy. You deserve to feel good. I know sometimes you'd wish to no have feelings at all (I usually feel like that), but that's no the point of living. Life sucks sometimes, but life can also be wonderful. Remember beautiful things you have and be happy for that. This story may be over, but I'm sure you have other dreams to come true. Focus on them. Eventually everything will be alright. Time heals everything, you'll see... I hope you get better very soon.

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
I am so sorry to hear that. :cry: Life has a curious way of taking us through cycles. It goes from up to down, good to bad, light to dark. The good news is that when life wanders into darkness, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel... "You know that darkness always turns into light." Life can be cruel, but it can also be beautiful. Everything's Not Lost, @I ran away . There are people that care about you and want the best for you. :) If you need anything at all, myself and a bunch of other wonderful people are here for you, ok? :hug:

Last edited:

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time, that must be so hard. Thinking of you x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm so sorry that you're feeling so sad. :sad2:

Like everyone before said, breakups are not easy, no matter what the reason is.
It probably will take some time to get over it, but take your time.
Cry if you want to, let it all out, scream and shout if that makes you better.
And never forget that you are special and after some time you will see that there are things (how small even) that will make you happy again.

And especially: if you want to talk, we're here to listen!

(don't now if my advise would make sense, I'm not good in expressing my feelings in English, but if I even manage to put a little smile upon your face... )

I send you a big big hug from Belgium

D

diogo_sg

I'm very sorry about that. Breaking up and letting go of someone can be extremely difficult. It may seem like the world is all covered by darkness and that hope is nowhere to be found, but always remember that wonderful, amazing thing are happening all the time. Yes, it's hard to think about the good around us when all we can see is bad and all we can feel is pain, but that doesn't change the fact that there are good things around us. So let's look at those, let's focus on them.

You must be strong; you must never ever give up. Things like this happen all the time; life is crazy and sometimes confuse. But, even though it may not seem like it, there will always something better just around the corner, waiting for you to find it.

Cry, scream, let everything out, all the pain. When you're done, go outside, put a smile upon you're face and witness all the beauty of this world we live in. Think of all the wonderful and special people you'll meet in you're life and don't let you're heart break.

Remember, we will always be here for you, supporting you, giving you strength. Not just us, Coldplayers, but also the band itself. We are your friends and we're here to help you.

Stay strong, @I ran away.
I send you a big, big hug.

KB9CR7MO23

In the darkness, before the dawn
Coldplayer
I'm very sorry to hear that... Breakups are very difficult, but you have to stay strong, because life continues... I'm in a similar situation and I feel like... "lost" I guess. Don't know how to explain it cause it's not a breakup really.. I send you a big hug

PD: Nice thread @Little Miss Coldplay

Gideon_Mx

What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?
Coldplayer
I'm so sorry for you to hear that. I hope you'll feel well very soon. Stay strong, I ran away and don't ever give up.

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
I'm so sorry for you[emoji53]
I know it's hard but always remember that dark times go by and turn into happier days, it's part of life.
And we are all here for you if you need us and you will always have coldplay's music to get you through this.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
I will try to fix you

Sending you a big hug from Germany[emoji173]

KB9CR7MO23

In the darkness, before the dawn
Coldplayer
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

iamsue

Coldplayer
I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:
What an excited, complicated time that is for you. With it will come a whole range of emotions and new experiences. Kind of "a rush of blood to the heart"! Have faith in yourself. You will do awesome simply by being you. Let yourself explore and learn more about that person along the way. I wish I could go back to my days in college. I'd be less afraid and spend so much less time doubting myself. You never have such a unique chance to grow and shape yourself. So go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamsue

Coldplayer
Oh, my dear friend, I wish I'd found this thread and read this sooner. First loves ending are the hardest. Don't ever question wanting to live without talking to someone about it. We could not bear to even think about losing you! :big cry:(
Please get someone who can listen and be there with you. And let us know how you are. We're here for you!!

iamsue

Coldplayer
IRanAway, a couple other thoughts. It is only by experiencing the pain that you can fully appreciate the good things in life. I'm sure Coldplay had a similar lyric. As example, when I am blessed with a pain-free day, which you know is rare, I will all of a sudden stop in my tracks and say, "Wow, I feel good today." Before all this pain, I would have taken feeling good for granted. It took chronic pain to make me see it as a gift. You will have a day where you look back and realize that a relationship is very good because you have this one to compare it to. And you won't let Mr. Wonderful slip away because you'll let him know how much he's appreciated. That's a lesson many of us learn the hard way. So maybe you were given this experience "as a guide", as in the song, so that you will remember it and avoid a harder lesson. But, as everyone said, go easy on yourself and give yourself time...even if it means throwing something, safely, of course. God will put that smile back on your face.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
For everyone posting here, or even just reading this thread, you have the support of a huge community of great people here. When I'm going through a tough time, I try to think of my personal motto, "Breathe". Literally and figuratively, it's the most basic thing you can do to get yourself through. Deep breathing clears your mind and feeds your soul, something to do when you need a little extra calm. And just your everyday breathing keeps you going during the time it takes for the problem to work out. Try to be patient with yourself and the world during those dips in life. It will get better, and you'll come out stronger and wiser on the other end. Love and hugs to you all. [emoji173] [emoji8]

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
A good advice that I once got from a friend:
when you feel that negativity is getting up to you (like stress), go wash your hands.
Let the water flow over your hands for a while.
This may sound silly but it actually works for me. Done this a lot at work lately and it somehow relaxes me. [emoji4]