Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everglow (Single) / OUT 11.11.2016

Horseman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
so... video soon? :wideeyed:
I think the music video will be released tommorow (with the single). Also tommorow the band will perform on The Graham Norton Show, so there should be a live premiere of the new version of "Everglow".

Here is a photo with Chris and Jonny from the rehearsal.

Last edited:

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I dont think this version would've happened if their instruments screwed up at Glastonbury. But I definitely am not complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh my god the single is amazing

RealRece

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I wish they would have released the Belasco Theater version because I have always enjoyed that version the most (Personally)

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
This new version is beautiful. That speech by Ali at the end just fits so well. I also love the Belasco theatre version and wish they released that but this so good too. I hope the video comes out tomorrow :)

I only have one problem, and this my OCD talking, but is anybody else annoyed they didn't stick to the usual cover for the artwork, with like "COLDPLAY EVERGLOW" in the rainbow font through the the middle of the kaleidoscope like on Up&Up and HFTW instead of the one they used from the littl

Hotstop42

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think the music video will be released tommorow (with the single). Also tommorow the band will perform on The Graham Norton Show, so there should be a live premiere of the new version of "Everglow".

Here is a photo with Chris and Jonny from the rehearsal.
Jonny seems to either have cut his hair really short or removed it completely :surprised:

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
Yes! I bought it earlier... I can already see it getting more plays than the original :laugh3:

gai

@AMDB9 you were right!

It was already a fairly bare-bones song, but this new version is whittled down even further. The press release explains that at the band’s Glastonbury headline set in June, “a technical mishap meant Chris Martin was forced to deliver an unrehearsed solo performance of ‘Everglow.’ The band liked it so much that they recorded a new, similarly stripped-down version of the song for release.”
x

RealRece

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Does anyone know why Chris always sings a shorter version with every live performance? He takes out half of the first verse it seems...

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
My god. This is the original version that should have happened. If I rank this version of Everglow on the album, then I've got to say it beats the whole lot to claim the crown (except AHFOD title track).