Everglow

Sjorsoll

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
they posted the live version on their youtube today, i really prefer the live one over the studio one. so much more guitar!
I agree! It's more full, espacially at the end.

Nice song, I immediately liked it, think that's because of the well known chord progression Am, F, C, G. (Hint: Sing 9 crimes by Damien Rice over it haha).

But it gets even better the more I listen to it.

Last edited:

tallerolder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:shocked: pretty much every comment in the top10 section or so is saying they like the live version better cause the studio version sounds too overproduced. Wondering if and if yes how the band are going to react to this... cause it's not just any channel but it's their official youtube channel... i haven't seen many songs in the past where everybody's opinion was so much the same...

[Coldplay]Andi

Coldplayer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Best song of the album. Not as aperfect as the live version due to the fact, that Jonny's guitar is suppressed.

K

kmm1482

Live or album, I've listened a bunch of times and the song still bores me to tears. The first few seconds I think, "Ok, maybe this time I'll like it more" Then those stupid "hey-ey-ey-ey"s kick in and it instantly loses me.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I guess in the song, Chris is singing about something or someone that continues to live on even though it's not physically with you anymore
Chris explained the origin of the song title to Zane Lowe on Beats 1 and he even threw in a cereal commercial analogy *lol* Worth a listen :)

The Archer

The True Golden Arrows
Coldplayer
So Everglow is fourth and climbing on the Spotify US Viral top 50

Written In Graffiti

Missing The Mark
Coldplayer
I really actually quite like this song. Clearly isn't the best on the record, but it's listenable, and going by the above, it's pleasant live as well.

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I'm liking this song more and more every day, it's so beautiful.

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Coldplay has reveiled the lyrics of Everglow on their website:

Everglow

oh they say people come, say people go
this particular diamond was extra special
and though you might be gone, and the world may not know
still I see you, celestial

like a lion you ran, a goddess you rolled
like an eagle you circled, in perfect purple
so how come things move on, how come cars don’t slow
when it feels like the end of my world
when I should but I can’t let you go?

but when I’m cold, cold
oh when I’m cold, cold
there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow
there’s a feeling you give me, an everglow

like brothers in blood, sisters who ride
and we swore on that night we’d be friends til we die
but the changing of winds, and the way waters flow
life as short as the falling of snow
and now I’m gonna miss you I know

but when I’m cold, cold
in water rolled, salt
I know that you’re with me and the way you will show
and you’re with me wherever I go
and you give me this feeling this everglow

oh- I I I I
what I wouldn’t give for just a moment to hold
yeah I live for this feeling this everglow

so if you love someone, you should let them know
oh the light that you left me will everglow

ParaRushX&YVivaMylo

Coldplay in my head
Coldplayer
Please tell me I'm not the only softie that cried like a baby hearing this song for the first time? It felt like a sort of closure for the "conscious uncoupling" of Chris & Gwyneth to me.

Simoce

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Please tell me I'm not the only softie that cried like a baby hearing this song for the first time? It felt like a sort of closure for the "conscious uncoupling" of Chris & Gwyneth to me.
Yeah, Chris has said yesterday that this song was also made for people who passed not only for a break up!

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Coldplay has reveiled the lyrics of Everglow on their website:

but when I’m cold, cold
oh when I’m cold, cold
there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow
there’s a feeling you give me, an everglow
Yes I read them yesterday (not without some eye squinting though haha) on my large vinyl lyric sheet. :) I love how this ties together with Hymn, again about someone bringing love and light to you when you are in most need of it and in this song said woman doesn't even need to be there physically, its sufficient just with her "everglow".

I swear the boys have such a knack for singing my life ! haha Loving the lyrics this time more than ever.

petratra

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
All of the feelings. I love that Everglow has that old school CP vibe, but with a twist.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
All of the feelings. I love that Everglow has that old school CP vibe, but with a twist.
You know I keep reading this and I still dont know what the "old school" vibe is haha What is meant by this exactly? The Parachute vibe ? or the piano ballad style ?

appleguyjoe

Back to Square One
Coldplayer
I love this song and it certainly is one of the best on the album and one of the best they've made in a while (then again, this album is better than MX and GS) (don't get me wrong, I love many songs from both those albums). I'm slightly disappointed that I couldn't hear Paltrow as much as thought we were going to hear, but I do like her 'tuned parts throughout the song and you can faintly hear her on a few lines. All in all, a great song.