Everglow

gai

^ you know, i'm just glad she (and beyonce, tove lo) are not featured prominently. i like the understated use of their vocals. don't want another princess of china. feeling like coldplay playing second fiddle to someone else's song.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
^ you know, i'm just glad she (and beyonce, tove lo) are not featured prominently. i like the understated use of their vocals. don't want another princess of china. feeling like coldplay playing second fiddle to someone else's song.
I never thought of Princess as someone else´s song and I do like it as a duet. To me it fits quite well in MX where throughout there is this theme of Mylo and his girl hehe However in ahfod we have several guest vocalists and it would have been damn weird with multiple duets o_O, so yeah it makes sense they are not featured prominently, not even Noel hehe They pop up here and there in the right way :D

MinceSpies

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I noticed at the end of the handwritten lyrics it says "for Habib and Mahrdad". Who are they?

petratra

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You know I keep reading this and I still dont know what the "old school" vibe is haha What is meant by this exactly? The Parachute vibe ? or the piano ballad style ?
The piano ballad style. A bit of a mylo xyloto feel, but mainly Parachutes and Prospekt's March.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
The piano ballad style. A bit of a mylo xyloto feel, but mainly Parachutes and Prospekt's March.
Ah ha. thanks for clarifying that. I like ballads generally, but I dont think I would like more than one or max two on one album, otherwise I´d feel like I am buying a Celine Dion LP *lol*

And Prospekt´s March is the best EP ever! :) And it only has two my max required number of two ballads on it (well Postcard is a mini mini ballad hehe)

Jaytheblue

Another Human Speciman
Coldplayer
Ah ha. thanks for clarifying that. I like ballads generally, but I dont think I would like more than one or max two on one album, otherwise I´d feel like I am buying a Celine Dion LP *lol*

And Prospekt´s March is the best EP ever! :) And it only has two my max required number of two ballads on it (well Postcard is a mini mini ballad hehe)
Celine Dion is a great time :laugh:

kaisin

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What does he mean when he says "rolled in salt"???

Cold003

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I noticed at the end of the handwritten lyrics it says "for Habib and Mahrdad". Who are they?

Those are Indian names ..... I guess coldplay met them when they visited India but no idea why their names are here

Cold003

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The problem with this song is Chris's voice ..... it's weak in alot of parts and the production is not that good either
The piano part is my fav here

NMFWTTG__

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Maybe this is my favourite song of the album.

This is one of that songs which they made with a huge piano melody and a great Chris Martin performance.
And this is my favourite kind of Coldplay's songs.

Tugatrix

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love the album version but the live version is amazing in his own, the guitar dominates more and give another clothing to the song

ulwanmokhtar

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Why did they toned or making Jonny's guitar not that clear? This was bothering because the live version was absolute superb and could have been the best Coldplay songs ever!

I hope they remastered it back and bring Jonny's guitar upfront, especially if they wanted Everglow to be released as a single.

HowCouldIForget

Coldplayer
Why did they toned or making Jonny's guitar not that clear? This was bothering because the live version was absolute superb and could have been the best Coldplay songs ever!

I hope they remastered it back and bring Jonny's guitar upfront, especially if they wanted Everglow to be released as a single.
This, THIS EVERYWHERE. I regret so much hearing the live version. Because now I know what could've been and the studio version is soiled. Why Stargate. Whyyyyy do you deprave me of my Jonny guitar! :'(

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer

I much prefer the live version too. The studio version is more sterile to my ears. But no reason to blame Stargate. The band wanted it to sound that way apparently, they signed off on it. But yeah I also wish Jonny´s guitar were much more prominent and drums were organic. It would have lifted the song, made it more interesting, the studio version ends up being flat actually.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I love the "still I see you celestial" part. It so ties in with Sky Full of Stars. I love all these small tie-ins to other albums throughout AHFOD. Another example is "we got to make our own key" in Birds (recalls Charlie Brown stolen key :)

Oh forgot also the "out from the underground" in Birds, recalling Speed of Sound. :)

It seems all pretty deliberate to me, perhaps an attempt to run a red thread through previous albums as Chris said it feels they all led up to this :)

Last edited:

ColdplaySoCal

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love the "still I see you celestial" part. It so ties in with Sky Full of Stars. I love how all these small tie-ins to other albums throughout AHFOD. Another example is "we got to make our own key" in Birds (recalls Charlie Brown stolen key :)
Awesome post

ISawSparks06

Coldplayer
Really, REALLY, not a fan of AHFOD as an album. But, this particular track is an absolute banger. Probably in my top 20 favorite Coldplay songs. Find myself listening to it multiple times per day since its release.