Welcome to Coldplaying!

The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حب

SignUp Now!

Everglow

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Actually, I believe GP's voice is also mixed into the lines "Home come cars don't slow..." and the other one which I forgot underneath Chris's voice if you listen closely. Makes sense because in interviews Chris also said that she was involved with these two lines.

Gideon_Mx

Life Is Beautiful
Coldplayer
I Finally Found Where Paltrow Speaks on this Track!!! It's not hidden at all. I never payed attention to the "Heyyyy" at the start of the song, that's it.
Nice, the ''Heyyyy'' is also in the end;)

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Actually, I believe GP's voice is also mixed into the lines "Home come cars don't slow..." and the other one which I forgot underneath Chris's voice if you listen closely. Makes sense because in interviews Chris also said that she was involved with these two lines.
I listened closely and you're right. You can just barely hear her though! It's a small contribution but notable... interesting.

Also the "heyyy" is in the middle of the song and actually repeats two times as well. It goes over your mind if you don't think about the fact that it's clearly not Chris Martin singing there.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
"there's a feeling WITHIN me, Everglow" and apparently he says "there's a feeling YOU GIVE ME". End of rant.
I always heard "within me" too and I have decided to continue doing so hehe Same with Adventure...no "umi" for me hehe

I say hear what you wanna hear...the official lyrics be damned haha :)

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
She most certainly is but I totally missed it the first time I listened to the song. It is indeed so faint!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Random Everglow thought: I don't like the "Heeyy..eeyy" parts dispersed throughout the song. They contribute (for me) to the generic, uninspired feeling of this song....

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Random Everglow thought: I don't like the "Heeyy..eeyy" parts dispersed throughout the song. They contribute (for me) to the generic, uninspired feeling of this song....
Cant even remember what those parts are haha Ill pay attention next time I listen to it :)

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It annoys me when I'm sure that he's singing one thing and then the official lyrics say otherwise, two examples are when I thought he was saying "when I'm cold you are oohhh the sun" and the official lyrics say "in water rolled, salt" (which doesn't even make sense, btw)...
Haha, there are a few surprises when you compare the official lyrics with what he is singing.
About "in water rolled, salt", I have a few interpretions for that.

A wave that is rolling into the beach. (Chris got the word Everglow from a surfer)

But I like to interpret it as "tears rolling down", tears taste salty.
That way it actually has a beautiful meaning to me.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Haha, there are a few surprises when you compare the official lyrics with what he is singing.
About "in water rolled, salt", I have a few interpretions for that.

A wave that is rolling into the beach. (Chris got the word Everglow from a surfer)

But I like to interpret it as "tears rolling down", tears taste salty.
That way it actually has a beautiful meaning to me.
I like both your interpretations! :)

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
This. You'll also notice that Will doesn't sing the backup vocal for these two lines (but does for others).

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I Finally Found Where Paltrow Speaks on this Track!!! It's not hidden at all. I never payed attention to the "Heyyyy" at the start of the song, that's it.
You know it doesn't sound like her to me on the "Heeeey"...I may be wrong, but it sound more like Merry Clayton to me. Whereas in the sentence "how come cars dont slow...etc" there I can definitely hear its her.

Fairycat101

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just wondering why the lines "how come things move on / how come cars don't slow / when it feels like the end of the world" get left out of the live version?

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Just wondering why the lines "how come things move on / how come cars don't slow / when it feels like the end of the world" get left out of the live version?
I've been wondering the same, and they actually played the full version of the song before the tour started during promo appearances like this:

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jOQUsTU9o

I believe some setlists have actually said "Everglow (Single Edit)" though I may be wrong about that. In any case they have indeed been shortening the song, IMO, for the worse. I really like those lines, and the piano-guitar interlude in the 1st verse is very nice. The shortened version is rather abrupt of a transition. So the reasons to perform this version might be:
1. Shorten the set-time. But this only saves a minute, and people won't know the difference between a 1:58 show and a 1:59 show.
2. Don't get too personal. Maybe Chris doesn't want to think of Gwyneth every time they play the song.
3. They just like it better this way. They ALWAYS play live the single edits of AOAL (cutting out half of the first verse and some of the quiet bit), POC (cutting out half of the quiet bit in the middle) to name a couple. But is there really a reason to play these songs this way?

Fairycat101

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've been wondering the same, and they actually played the full version of the song before the tour started during promo appearances like this:

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jOQUsTU9o

I believe some setlists have actually said "Everglow (Single Edit)" though I may be wrong about that. In any case they have indeed been shortening the song, IMO, for the worse. I really like those lines, and the piano-guitar interlude in the 1st verse is very nice. The shortened version is rather abrupt of a transition. So the reasons to perform this version might be:
1. Shorten the set-time. But this only saves a minute, and people won't know the difference between a 1:58 show and a 1:59 show.
2. Don't get too personal. Maybe Chris doesn't want to think of Gwyneth every time they play the song.
3. They just like it better this way. They ALWAYS play live the single edits of AOAL (cutting out half of the first verse and some of the quiet bit), POC (cutting out half of the quiet bit in the middle) to name a couple. But is there really a reason to play these songs this way?

I thought it could be reason #3. I went to the launch show in Hackney last December and they played the full version (first time I ever heard it) and those were the lines that actually stood out for me immediately.

tov1988

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My favorite song on the album. I think that Jonny's solo sounds really gorgeous on the live version posted above.

ChrisMartinFan

Believe in love :)
Coldplayer
I have a love hate relationship with this song. It's a pretty song and gives off a nice vibe but it looks like it's going to be the next video they're going to release and I would've much preferred a video for 'Fun' or 'Amazing day' instead :p

Also, I love Chris but he makes me cringe so hard sometimes lmao xD
'this particular diamond was extra special'
Ahahahaha I would probably like this song a lot more if that line wasn't there lol

But the meaning behind it is lovely and it gives off this nice warm vibe. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will relate to it as well so it might just end up becoming a smaller scale 'Fix you' :nod:

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Single version out now! And oh my, it is incredible!!

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I like the song so much more now

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
got the office to myself so this is on repeat all day, so beautiful. Needed this today after such a crappy week

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
got the office to myself so this is on repeat all day, so beautiful. Needed this today after such a crappy week
Right? The Muhammad Ali clip at the end is even more relevant now.

This version is fantastic. It almost sounds like an Oldplay song, even! Gonna be listening to this a lot over the next few days.